Thread: [Music] Metal

  1. #10381


    Nice and visceral!

    I am also looking forward to my yearly cheese dosage with Gloryhammer's new album

  2. #10382
    Pit Lord goriq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Base Reality
    Posts
    2,303

  3. #10383

  4. #10384
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,838
    That Mist of Misery awoke the same feelings in me as the new Waldgeflüster: kinda meh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I am also looking forward to my yearly cheese dosage with Gloryhammer's new album
    Kinda the same here. I just enjoy Gloryhammer, just like Alestorm. Sometimes cheesy fun is just great.

  5. #10385

  6. #10386
    High Overlord Ginji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    104
    Rammstein released a new Video, sounds dope

  7. #10387

  8. #10388
    Dreadlord Paarthurnax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Throat of the World
    Posts
    809
    Perfection.


    "I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

  9. #10389
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,838
    Heavy / Doom metal from Canada


  10. #10390
    2019 has been a strong year, especially for traditional metal.

    Traveler, Source, Smoulder, Magnabolt, Chevalier and Vultures Vengeance have really delivered, just from the top of my head. I can't wait for the new Eternal Champion album this summer. If it's just half as good as The Armor of Ire, I'm sold.

  11. #10391

  12. #10392
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Limenaa View Post
    2019 has been a strong year, especially for traditional metal.

    Traveler, Source, Smoulder, Magnabolt, Chevalier and Vultures Vengeance have really delivered, just from the top of my head. I can't wait for the new Eternal Champion album this summer. If it's just half as good as The Armor of Ire, I'm sold.
    Definitely, and I can't wait for the new Eternal Champion. The Armor of Ire was incredible.

    So far Traveler is my favorite album this year; It's a masterpiece.

  13. #10393
    Over 9000! Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    9,407
    That Vargrav one in particular was most excellent. Could contend for best of '96.

  14. #10394
    Pit Lord goriq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Base Reality
    Posts
    2,303
    Jesus fucking christ.


    Also, new Misþyrming is coming
    https://misthyrming.bandcamp.com/album/algleymi

  15. #10395
    New Kampfar dropped today, it's really good!
    New Amon Amarth dropped today, it's Twilight of the Thundergod for the 5th time!
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

  16. #10396
    Pit Lord goriq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Base Reality
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    it's Twilight of the Thundergod for the 5th time!
    But that would make it a good album.

    I haven't listened to it yet but Twilight of the Thunder God was their last good one for me.

  17. #10397
    New one is their worst material by far. The guitar tone is so dull it's insane to me, they've always had good tone before this. Songs aren't catchy like you'd expect from this style of melodeath, and it's about 20 minutes longer than it needed to be.
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

  18. #10398
    Pit Lord goriq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Base Reality
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    New one is their worst material by far. The guitar tone is so dull it's insane to me, they've always had good tone before this. Songs aren't catchy like you'd expect from this style of melodeath, and it's about 20 minutes longer than it needed to be.
    Sounds like what I would expect from them nowadays. I listened to Jomsviking once just to give it a try but nothing on that album made want to come back at all. They've been going through the motions for a long time now.

    How would you rank their discography? For me it's probably something like this:
    Spoiler: 

    1. Once Sent From the Golden Hall
    2. With Oden On Our Side
    3. Twilight of the Thunder God
    4. The Avenger
    5. Versus the World
    6. Fate of Norns
    7. The Crusher
    8. Surtur Rising
    9. Deceiver of the Gods
    10. Jomsviking

  19. #10399
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Sounds like what I would expect from them nowadays. I listened to Jomsviking once just to give it a try but nothing on that album made want to come back at all. They've been going through the motions for a long time now.

    How would you rank their discography? For me it's probably something like this:
    Spoiler: 

    1. Once Sent From the Golden Hall
    2. With Oden On Our Side
    3. Twilight of the Thunder God
    4. The Avenger
    5. Versus the World
    6. Fate of Norns
    7. The Crusher
    8. Surtur Rising
    9. Deceiver of the Gods
    10. Jomsviking
    I'd probably go
    Spoiler: 

    TotTG
    With Oden
    Versus
    Fate
    Once Sent
    Avenger
    Crusher
    Surter
    Deciever
    Joms
    Berserker
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

  20. #10400
    Pit Lord goriq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Base Reality
    Posts
    2,303
    There's gonna be a new Anti Ritual this year, fuck yes.
    https://indisciplinarian.bandcamp.co...ZD24x9wzfMin5U

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •