Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    this was worth a chuckle https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/ar...g-death-metal/

been pretty out of touch with what's new lately(less interested in music)
    Yeah, that one keeps popping up. Those guys actually generated Krallice and Meshuggah albums a few years ago too. They got a lot better with the Archspire one though. Except for being completely without songwriting, it does actually sound like Archspire.

It's decent background music if you don't want to actually pay attention to something you haven't heard before.
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

I've got so many questions regarding the new DSO single, but I guess I'll wait for the album to drop

New CoL

New Spirit Adrift is out. Pretty decent on first listening. In line with the previous album.

Kvarforth/Teitanblood avant-garde collab album out today.

This is also out today.

Also, for prog (and Fates Warning) fans, new Arch / Matheos also dropped today. Super stoked for that, but haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Also, for prog (and Fates Warning) fans, new Arch / Matheos also dropped today. Super stoked for that, but haven't had a chance to listen yet.
    Nice, the debut was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Nice, the debut was superb.
    On first listen it's not as good as their debut; it's not a bad album however. Gotta give it some more spins.

1. Zahrimar - Call of the Void.
    2. Ærekær - Avindskjold.
    3. Ísfjall - Endalaus Vetrar Nótt.
    4. Óreiða - Óreiða.
    5. Voëmmr - O ovnh intot adr mordrb.

It's out, it's out! If you have ever wondered how LLN of aeons past would sound 25 years later, rejoice knowing that the long waiting has ceased at last. Voëmmr's highly anticipated sophomore delivers the answer which has been avidly sought by the few deviants here and there. And it's a repugnant answer, of that rest assured: many listeners of contemporary black metal execrate being reminded how it's supposed to sound like. Does anyone want to bet that it will be indeed an album which will "go gentle into that good night", largely dismissed by the target audience? And that's quite alright, de gustibus...

For what it's worth, these guys have participated to (only) one interview and also (only) one live performance in the years they have been active. And they're both online, go figure: BMD, IRM IV. The days of kvlt black are gone forevermore, but that's hardly a surprise anymore.

First band was ManOwaR Back in... 98-99 i think, still my favorite band.
    I've done long, i've done short hair, now it's long and with a beard
    I listen to anything which sounds good to me, but main genre is metal i would say.

Excellent post.
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

Hype

Excellent power thrash from the US. Debut album no less (Paladin - Ascension).

Last edited by Cairhiin; 2019-05-21 at 06:49 PM.

Excellent power thrash from the US. Debut album no less (Paladin - Ascension).
    [video=youtube;xtDs-MDnezg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDs-MDnezg[/vieo]
    Sounds pretty fun, I'll give the album a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Sounds pretty fun, I'll give the album a listen.
    It's a great album. Took me by surprise.

New Bethlehem as well by the way but not listened to yet.

It's a great album. Took me by surprise.

New Bethlehem as well by the way but not listened to yet.
    I like the new Bethlehem. I think it's slightly worse than the previous one but it's still a good album. I like that they went for a more melodic and atmospheric approach. The first two tracks especially have some great guitar melodies.

- - - Updated - - -

New Abyssal for real this time.

Stream for the new Misþyrming album and an interview with D.G.
    http://www.bardomethodology.com/arti...ing-interview/

I didn't know that Misþyrming was actually about modern topics but D.G. actually sounds a bit like an idiot in this interview even though I don't entirely disagree with him on all points. Except for that last one. Black metal is better than it has ever been, if you ask me, partly because of bands like Misþyrming but also because of all the new ideas and influences the genre has finally embraced. Misþyrming wouldn't even have been considered "true" black metal in the 90s.

Wondering how much of it is D.G. and how much of it is the dude from Bardo though. His lengthy interjections don't particularly always help the person he's interviewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Wondering how much of it is D.G. and how much of it is the dude from Bardo though. His lengthy interjections don't particularly always help the person he's interviewing.
    It makes me wonder about how he actually goes about interviewing these people sometimes. A lot of it seems somewhat retrospective. Still, a lot of D.G.'s statements are entirely his own, I think. As long as he's just being a dick it doesn't really matter to me though, it doesn't really influence how I feel about the music, which is pretty good this time around. I had a feeling that a new album from them would be much better than their previous releases and I was not disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -