Thread: [Music] Metal

I've been having too much fun with this blast from the past: Vuzem - Ortus. In case anyone's interested in having a reference, I've uploaded the original versions from Norici Obscura Pars here.

New Wormed is approaching

In a new bizarre twist, Bartłomiej “Bart” Krysiuk apparently has the right to the Batushka band name, and not Drabikowski. One can but wonder what that shitty Metal Blade's influence has been.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2019-06-07 at 05:26 PM.

This batushka drama is so stupid and boring, makes the entire metal community look bad.

Seriously running short on time to keep up with the flurry of interesting releases these days:
    1. Starless Domain - ALMA.
    2. Andavald - Undir skyggðarhaldi.
    3. Ancient Hostility - Ancient Hostility.

That Andavald is extremely good
    Keep up with what I'm rating here and my last.fm here

Last edited by clinophobia; 2019-06-10 at 03:36 PM.

New Twilight Force track is okay, the mix is still terrible like the last album and Conti is a worse vocalist than Christian imo. Speaking of Christian, his new band released a single at the same time and it is way more generic musically but with better mixing and his better vox.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    New Twilight Force track is okay, the mix is still terrible like the last album and Conti is a worse vocalist than Christian imo. Speaking of Christian, his new band released a single at the same time and it is way more generic musically but with better mixing and his better vox.
    [video=youtube;z0Bh4xKrC5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Bh4xKrC5k[/vieo]
    I wasn't aware that he was in another band now but that song really does sound generic. I don't know if there were any problems with Twilight Force but why would you leave one power metal band just to join another?

About Twilight Force, I don't have any problems with the mix. It could be better but there's nothing that immediately bothers me about it. I wouldn't necessarily say Conti is worse but definitely different and it sounded like he was pushing the upper limit of what he's comfortable with in that song. I didn't really care too much about the second Twilight Force album because it was much too long and pretty bland so I'm not extremely invested in how this turns out and they can't take their first album from us after all lol.

Seems like this is just going to be one of those situations where you end with two projects that are worse than the original one after the split.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    oh shit.

hypeeeeeee.

Also saw Gloryhammer live last night.

Holy hell their show is god tier. Just as cheesy as their music

edit: new singer is fine, music is still awesome. I liked the increased string usage in their 2nd album, despite the overall album being meh

They fired him via text and made a public in character announcement that he didn't contribute to the band anyways, it was really shitty of the band to do
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerMetal/...light_force_o/

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    They fired him via text and made a public in character announcement that he didn't contribute to the band anyways, it was really shitty of the band to do
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerMetal/...light_force_o/
    Yeah, I read that post before but I wasn't sure how much I could take from that since you could read a lot into it if you wanted to.
    edit: Just read that Facebook post from Christian in the comments. Guess that clears things up.
    Last edited by goriq; 2019-06-11 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    This batushka drama is so stupid and boring, makes the entire metal community look bad.
    What's with the overuse of the word "community" lately?

I think it's fair to say there is a metal community. People that talk about it online in various places, the overarching fans of the genre that interact with eachother and how it's perceived from the outside looking in.

There is no metal brotherhood though.

A brief interruption formulated as "real talk": how do you tolerate Ewigkeit's derivative of DSEGV? Like it, dislike it, mostly indifferent?

To me, the original emotional payload is altered, perhaps defaced, to the point of becoming unrecognizable. The remains are but smoldering embers of melancholia, admittedly soothing and entrancing, if not endearing; everything else gets sublimated. Taken by light (cough) are the gloom and the despair, the hopelessness and the anguish. What was once (cough) torment, it's now serenity.

The music itself is fine in a cutesy and adorable, so-not-typical-of-black manner. Too bad there's an inexorable cognitive dissonance following swiftly every time I listen to it.

Weird blackgaze/dream pop mix with fretless guitars, obviously inspired by Deafheaven, Astronoid and such.
    https://wishfieldmn.bandcamp.com/album/wishfield

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tlitd View Post
    A brief interruption formulated as "real talk": how do you tolerate Ewigkeit's derivative of DSEGV? Like it, dislike it, mostly indifferent?

To me, the original emotional payload is altered, perhaps defaced, to the point of becoming unrecognizable. The remains are but smoldering embers of melancholia, admittedly soothing and entrancing, if not endearing; everything else gets sublimated. Taken by light (cough) are the gloom and the despair, the hopelessness and the anguish. What was once (cough) torment, it's now serenity.

The music itself is fine in a cutesy and adorable, so-not-typical-of-black manner. Too bad there's an inexorable cognitive dissonance following swiftly every time I listen to it.
    Reminds me of that surf black metal meme

I opened the link, saw 'Burzum Reggae Dub' version and decided some things are better left unexplored.

1. Karak - A feast in the mine.
    2. Abigorum - Exaltatus Mechanism.
    3. Molde - The Messenger. (a couple of other previews on YT: YT1, YT2)
    4. Olkoth - The Immortal Depths & Treasures of Necromancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I opened the link, saw 'Burzum Reggae Dub' version and decided some things are better left unexplored.
    Don't judge books by their covers, regardless of how uninspired those covers may be. Fast forward to 08:45 to witness the part which introduces the "vi har aldri levd" epitaph, at least you'll satiate the curiosity. It's not metal, but it's not the mainstream Dreck which passes as music nowadays either.