View Poll Results: What previously unused X-Men villain do you want to see in MCU's X-Men?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avalanche

    1 1.49%
  • Deathbird

    0 0%
  • Red Queen

    1 1.49%
  • Mister Sinister

    48 71.64%
  • Mojo

    2 2.99%
  • Omega Red

    9 13.43%
  • Sauron

    4 5.97%
  • Shadow King

    0 0%
  • Other

    2 2.99%
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103

    What previously unused X-Men villain do you want to see in MCU's X-Men?

    With the FOX run on X-Men officially over now that it's part of Disney, and Kevin Feige pretty much saying they'll reboot the property from scratch to integrate into the MCU, meaning none of the old actors will reprise their roles, which X-Men villain that FOX never adapted in their movies do you hope to see? We've seen Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Magneto, William Stryker, Mystique Pyro, Toad, a version of Mastermind, Silver Samurai, Emma Frost, Azazel, Sebastian Shaw, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, and Blob all adapted in FOX's movies to varying success. Here are the most prominent who never appeared in any movies.

    Avalanche: Dominikos Petrakis is a mutant with the ability to generate seismic waves from his hands. He most often uses this ability to create tremors and earthquakes.

    Deathbird: Cal'Syee Neramani is a Shi'ar warrior and Empress Lilandra's older sister. Exiled from the Shi'ar Empire, Deathbird sought to reclaim her throne which put her at odds with Lilandra's allies, the X-Men.

    Red Queen: Madelyne Pryor is a clone of the X-Man Jean Grey and the first wife of Cyclops.

    Mister Sinister: Nathaniel Essex is a genetically-altered human and scientific genius, and one of the X-Men's deadliest enemies. Sinister first rose to prominence when he ordered his assassins, the Marauders, to hunt down and kill the sewer-dwelling mutants known as the Morlocks. He later played key roles as a mastermind in the shadows through events such as Inferno and Messiah CompleX. Mister Sinister has mastered genetic cloning, which he uses to create clones of the Marauders and others.

    Mojo: An obese, yellow-skinned alien from a race known as the “Spineless Ones,” Mojo is a slaver who rules the Mojoverse, a dimension obsessed with television programs and celebrities.

    Omega Red: Arkady Gregorivich Rossovich was a serial killer who underwent experiments that equipped him with retractable tentacle-like coils in each of his arms.

    Sauron: Dr. Karl Lykos is a human geneticist who was transformed into a pterodactyl-like humanoid. As the winged Sauron, Lykos is an energy vampire who must absorb the lifeforce of those around him for sustenance. If Lykos absorbs a mutant's energy, he is transformed into Sauron, and his savage mind takes over.

    Shadow King: Amahl Farouk is an Egyptian mutant with powerful telepathic abilities and the power to possess other beings while on the Astral Plane. The Shadow King has played a key role in Storm's origin, and has often faced off against Professor X.

  2. #2
    Oh I just saw Mister Sinister, I want to revote. None of the other villains I can think of interest me more than the ones we've seen already.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Oh I just saw Mister Sinister, I want to revote. None of the other villains I can think of interest me more than the ones we've seen already.
    Omega Red and Red Queen are pretty awesome in their own right. I'm assuming you voted Omega Red.

  4. #4
    Sauron is the right answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada

  5. #5
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Sauron is the right answer.
    Man, Spider-man has the best interactions.

  6. #6
    They really need to do Mister Sinister before Tim Curry dies of old age.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  7. #7
    Sinister, bar none.

    Of course he’d probably be better suited being built up over the course of a few movies, so some of the “lesser” villains can be used during this.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  8. #8
    The Brood, The Marauders, The Reavers

    But, considering it's going to be a reboot, what we're going to see is Magneto again, Apocalypse again, Sabretooth again, Phoenix again.

    Sinister might make an appearance....they teased him a little with X-Men Apocalypse.

    maybe Avalanche and Sauron will get thrown into a new iteration of the Brotherhood...but they won't be main villains.

    Shadow King technically is not an unused X-Men Villain...he was in Legion which, again technically, is connected to the X-Men movies.

    Mojo is probably never going to happen.

    Deathbird could happen if they go that route. To do it right would take multiple films to get to though.

    Red Queen can't happen until they do Phoenix again. So once again we're talking multiple movies just to get to that point.

    Omega Red could happen. Would make sense as a Russian Attempt to create their own Super Soldier.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The Brood, The Marauders, The Reavers
    The Reavers were technically already used in Logan.

  10. #10
    The only interesting ones are Omega Red, and Deathbird, which would lead them to the Shi'ar, and likely the Brood.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    They really need to do Mister Sinister before Tim Curry dies of old age.
    I would love that. I can't think of a better Mister Sinister.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    With the FOX run on X-Men officially over now that it's part of Disney, and Kevin Feige pretty much saying they'll reboot the property from scratch to integrate into the MCU, meaning none of the old actors will reprise their roles, which X-Men villain that FOX never adapted in their movies do you hope to see? We've seen Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, Magneto, William Stryker, Mystique Pyro, Toad, a version of Mastermind, Silver Samurai, Emma Frost, Azazel, Sebastian Shaw, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, and Blob all adapted in FOX's movies to varying success. Here are the most prominent who never appeared in any movies.

    Avalanche: Dominikos Petrakis is a mutant with the ability to generate seismic waves from his hands. He most often uses this ability to create tremors and earthquakes.

    Deathbird: Cal'Syee Neramani is a Shi'ar warrior and Empress Lilandra's older sister. Exiled from the Shi'ar Empire, Deathbird sought to reclaim her throne which put her at odds with Lilandra's allies, the X-Men.

    Red Queen: Madelyne Pryor is a clone of the X-Man Jean Grey and the first wife of Cyclops.

    Mister Sinister: Nathaniel Essex is a genetically-altered human and scientific genius, and one of the X-Men's deadliest enemies. Sinister first rose to prominence when he ordered his assassins, the Marauders, to hunt down and kill the sewer-dwelling mutants known as the Morlocks. He later played key roles as a mastermind in the shadows through events such as Inferno and Messiah CompleX. Mister Sinister has mastered genetic cloning, which he uses to create clones of the Marauders and others.

    Mojo: An obese, yellow-skinned alien from a race known as the “Spineless Ones,” Mojo is a slaver who rules the Mojoverse, a dimension obsessed with television programs and celebrities.

    Omega Red: Arkady Gregorivich Rossovich was a serial killer who underwent experiments that equipped him with retractable tentacle-like coils in each of his arms.

    Sauron: Dr. Karl Lykos is a human geneticist who was transformed into a pterodactyl-like humanoid. As the winged Sauron, Lykos is an energy vampire who must absorb the lifeforce of those around him for sustenance. If Lykos absorbs a mutant's energy, he is transformed into Sauron, and his savage mind takes over.

    Shadow King: Amahl Farouk is an Egyptian mutant with powerful telepathic abilities and the power to possess other beings while on the Astral Plane. The Shadow King has played a key role in Storm's origin, and has often faced off against Professor X.
    Did you watch Legion? Shadow King was all up in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  13. #13
    i would just want a mature rated age of apocalypse animated mini series play out on disney+ or something.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Did you watch Legion? Shadow King was all up in that.
    I didn't, I keep seeing that, Legion took place in the X-Men universe? When I google Legion film, I just get the one about angels.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i would just want a mature rated age of apocalypse animated mini series play out on disney+ or something.
    The 90's FOX X-Men animated series adapted Apocalypse pretty well, in multiple arcs.

  15. #15
    I'd like to see the villain as interesting for once...and better, have me fucking cheer him on:


  16. #16
    I'd kind of like them to take a lower key approach to the X-Men than they do with the rest of the MCU. Smaller scale stories rather than the over the top slugfests they've had.

    I think I'd like to see them use an old school villain like Arcade, toss in some of the lesser known X-Men, and make it something of a horror type movie. Give it a completely different vibe than the rest of the MCU.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I would love that. I can't think of a better Mister Sinister.
    bryan cranston has wanted to play him for a while

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I didn't, I keep seeing that, Legion took place in the X-Men universe? When I google Legion film, I just get the one about angels.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The 90's FOX X-Men animated series adapted Apocalypse pretty well, in multiple arcs.
    it was a tv show, probably the best thing to come out of fox owning x-men imo

    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I didn't, I keep seeing that, Legion took place in the X-Men universe? When I google Legion film, I just get the one about angels.
    It's an FX series that focuses on Xavier's son, yes it's part of the X-Men universe. Shadow King is very prominent for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I didn't, I keep seeing that, Legion took place in the X-Men universe? When I google Legion film, I just get the one about angels.
    It's not a film...it's a TV series.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The Reavers were technically already used in Logan.
    Sort of...but they weren't really the Reavers...just some hired guns. Other than Pierce I don't even remember if any of them even had names.

  20. #20
    Legendary! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's an FX series that focuses on Xavier's son, yes it's part of the X-Men universe. Shadow King is very prominent for obvious reasons.
    Cool, I'll definitely check it out. Not sure how I missed it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's not a film...it's a TV series.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sort of...but they weren't really the Reavers...just some hired guns. Other than Pierce I don't even remember if any of them even had names.
    Yeah, it was just Pierce that was named and identifiable. The rest were background characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •