High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Word of wisdom: Do not listen to
    1) Ulver - Nattens Madrigal or
    2) Maldoror - She
    on the headphones.

Just don't.
    circa survive - juturna is another one to avoid listening to with headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Word of wisdom: Do not listen to
    1) Ulver - Nattens Madrigal or
    2) Maldoror - She
    on the headphones.

Just don't.
    Dully noted
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Deleted
    Akercocke, Nile, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Bathory, Forefather, Possessed, Decapitated, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Vital Remains, Exhumed, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Necrophagist, Disavowed, Deathspell Omega, Mor Dagor, Origin, Panzerchrist, Vader, Hate Eternal, Hour of Penance, Ulcerate, Venom, Pig Destroyer, Marduk, Limbonic Art, Burzum, Anaal Nathrakh, Belphegor, Dark Funeral, Behemoth, 1349, Immortal, Emperor, Slayer, Municipal Waste, ZZ Top, Whitesnake, Judas Priest, Rush, Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Amon Amarth, At the Gates, Carach Angren... and others.

Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    Dully noted
    Although it isn't metal, I'll suggest the perfect headphone music:

Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind.

Listen in a dark room where you can't see anything. You'll be blown away and scared shitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Although it isn't metal, I'll suggest the perfect headphone music:

Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind.

Listen in a dark room where you can't see anything. You'll be blown away and scared shitless.
    Another good album to do that with is Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide. love that cd.

Check a band called Vildhjarta
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Pig Destroyer
    Exodus
    Salt the Wound
    Rose Funeral

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamelot - Been listening non-stop to Epica and The Black Halo lately. I'm a sucker for Faust. My girlfriend had been trying to get me to listen to more of their stuff but I dragged my feet on it forever. Now Kahn's gone! D:

Nightwish - Both Anette and Tarja eras. Anette does much better live and I'm very eager to hear how Imaginarium will turn out.

Sonata Arctica - Not sure how I feel on their newer material yet, but Tony Kakko is a hell of a front man. And hey werewolves are always a plus.

Leaves' Eyes - Probably can't count them fully as metal but Pandora spat them out one day and I really like their style.

Northern Kings - Marco Hietala, Tony Kakko, JP Leppaluoto, and Jarko Ahola doing metal covers of pop songs. Not much more to say!

Turisas - Hit or miss for me but I used to love listening to them while running the Utgarde instances.

I noticed people love power metal, I feel so left out cause I can't stand metal with clean singing that isn't Nevermore.

Black Sabbath -Classic band, I first found from a friend, it introduced me to the Metal Genre, including Dio, Ozzy, and Black Label Society.

In Flames - In a search for new bands I discovered this jewel, gotta love World of Promises.

Iron Maiden - One of my top favorites for sure with my favorite album being Fear of the Dark.

Manowar - I heard these on tv somewhere, I was looking for something heavier but not Death or screamo, sure enough their Gods of War album hit the bullseye. This album actually made me go and get a quite expensive sound system for my computer, I love it.

Disturbed - They just seemed to evolve their music to the point where you could get really into it, similar to Iron Maiden.

Amon Amarth - Viking Metal at it's best, although the vocalist is a hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoAskira View Post
    Black Sabbath -Classic band, I first found from a friend, it introduced me to the Metal Genre, including Dio, Ozzy, and Black Label Society.

In Flames - In a search for new bands I discovered this jewel, gotta love World of Promises.

Iron Maiden - One of my top favorites for sure with my favorite album being Fear of the Dark.

Manowar - I heard these on tv somewhere, I was looking for something heavier but not Death or screamo, sure enough their Gods of War album hit the bullseye. This album actually made me go and get a quite expensive sound system for my computer, I love it.

Disturbed - They just seemed to evolve their music to the point where you could get really into it, similar to Iron Maiden.

Amon Amarth - Viking Metal at it's best, although the vocalist is a hit or miss.
    screamo should never be heavy lol

I noticed people love power metal, I feel so left out cause I can't stand metal with clean singing that isn't Nevermore.
    Not even Iced Earth?

Iced Earth = Power Metal the way it should be. Dark and heavy.

Not even Iced Earth? Iced Earth = Power Metal the way it should be. Dark and heavy.
    I just can't stand power metal. It never clicked with and i tried getting into. I grew up on thrash and my love of thrash evolved into loving DM and not much else. well other than Doom and some black metal of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyshh View Post
    Gojira - Awesome Death Metal band from France, if you are into Death metal check them out. Just got into them last year
    Check out on youtube videos from gojira's concert at sonisphere,greece. They will blow you out. I was in pain for like 1 weak after the concert;p

I just can't stand power metal. It never clicked with and i tried getting into. I grew up on thrash and my love of thrash evolved into loving DM and not much else. well other than Doom and some black metal of course.
    I know what you mean when talking about stuff like Nightwish, Dragonforce, or the other "fairies and shit byyaahh high pitched vocals and yngwie malmsteen ripoff riffs" power metal bands. Iced Earth is at least much more "Standard" metal, really reminiscent of thrash and prog. I'd give them a go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post

And I challenge you to find one song that has 10 breakdowns, or even more than 2. 2 would be pushing it. Songs tend to have 1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4r33jeKq70

is all i have to say. i havent actually bothered counting but im pretty sure there are at least 6+ breakdowns in this song.

btw i love this band so dont judge them by this song. this is by far the worst album theyve released thus far.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4r33jeKq70

is all i have to say. i havent actually bothered counting but im pretty sure there are at least 6+ breakdowns in this song.

btw i love this band so dont judge them by this song. this is by far the worst album theyve released thus far.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9Cm8rsGKI

I win. Chelsea Grin == the top band when it comes to mindless breakdowns and zero effort to create anything meaningful.

My tastes. Well, I'm a bit picky when it comes to Metal so let's have a little run down the sort of bands I like. They aren't particularly obscure, but certainly not mainstream (for the most part):

Amputated
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Blasphetized
    Bum Sick
    Cannabis Corpse
    Control the Storm
    Crepitation
    Hate
    Human Mincer
    Mrykgrav
    Wormed

Eh, lots to be honest. Some mainstream stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Slayer and Testament too.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9Cm8rsGKI

I win. Chelsea Grin == the top band when it comes to mindless breakdowns and zero effort to create anything meaningful.
    i wasnt trying to necessarily list a band that has mindless breakdowns and is uncreative. i was simply proving that there is music with more than 2 breakdowns in it. but you definitely won by a longshot.

you are now consciously breathing