Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Testament!!!!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Daxanna/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    its an infinitely large universe, its not only entirely plausible that some of the UFO's that are reported are from humanity distant future, its also entirely possible that they are a race of intelligent oranges here to free their kind from the enslavement and murder that man perpetrates on their less advanced descendant's.

This thread needs some Dismember.

Like An Everflowing Stream should be in every metalheads collection.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Deleted
    Bows down with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskathon View Post
    Bows down with respect.
    Oh stooop it. Seriously it's just about researching. God I'm a metal nerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immolation is one 100% awesome. Saw them live and they kicked massive ass. I think the previous album suffered a bit production wise, but Majesty... is spot on.

As to Suffocation... so hard to pick a favourite track. Probably Abomination Reborn. That's just all-round insanity.

Vader to me just because that much less interesting when Doc died. Later drummers might've been technically more impressive, but didn't quite have the same punch that Doc did.

Nile... I'll leave it at that. I made my opinion on them clear a number of times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    Are we talking Left Hand Path, Clandestine and Wolverine Blues - Entombed or later less awesome Entombed?
    Clandestine is my favorite. Like their earlier stuff better. Same with In Flames, speaking of swedish death metal bands

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    Clandestine is my favorite. Like their earlier stuff better. Same with In Flames, speaking of swedish death metal bands
    Try and find my post of the playlist I posted you can find a number of good swede bands in there like Desultory, Epitaph, Excruciate, Carnage. Seriously. Swedish DM is the best I've made that known so many times.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Personally, I'm looking forward to "Worship Music", for me, it will most likely be record of the year, depending on how Megadeth's "13" plays out. (I refuse to spell it with the numbers as letters, like Mustaine wants me too). Or the Metallica and Lou Reed record "Lulu" for that matter.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 07:41 PM ----------

Try and find my post of the playlist I posted you can find a number of good swede bands in there like Desultory, Epitaph, Excruciate, Carnage. Seriously. Swedish DM is the best I've made that known so many times.
    Oh and aye, Swedish Melodic Death Metal is amazing, raw, heavy and yet beautiful. Noone does (melodic) death metal like Sweden. Take "Embrace of the Endless Ocean" by Amon Amarth, that song is just... Wow!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to "Worship Music", for me, it will most likely be record of the year, depending on how Megadeth's "13" plays out. (I refuse to spell it with the numbers as letters, like Mustaine wants me too). Or the Metallica and Lou Reed record "Lulu" for that matter.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 07:41 PM ----------

Oh and aye, Swedish Melodic Death Metal is amazing, raw, heavy and yet beautiful. Noone does (melodic) death metal like Sweden.
    what pisses me off is all the demo's those bands used to crank out. I have a list of all the stuff recorded in sunlight studio's (famous for tons of swede DM being recorded there) it's crazy how they pumped out demo's.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    what pisses me off is all the demo's those bands used to crank out. I have a list of all the stuff recorded in sunlight studio's (famous for tons of swede DM being recorded there) it's crazy how they pumped out demo's.
    Never really been a demo or single collector :P

Never really been a demo or single collector :P
    Hell you don't have to be. Most of the reissue's of certain bands cds come with demos and then there's stuff like the Nihilist demo cd and Nirvana 2002 demo cd. Most of that stuff gets reissued with certain stuff it's just mind boggling. I'm kind of a demo/single collector cause I'm a completist with certain things. I need to have ALL THE THINGS.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell you don't have to be. Most of the reissue's of certain bands cds come with demos and then there's stuff like the Nihilist demo cd and Nirvana 2002 demo cd. Most of that stuff gets reissued with certain stuff it's just mind boggling. I'm kind of a demo/single collector cause I'm a completist with certain things. I need to have ALL THE THINGS.
    Heh a fair point, a fair point. Oh and a massive "Devil's horn" salute to you, fellow metal-enthusiast!

Heh a fair point, a fair point. Oh and a massive "Devil's horn" salute to you, fellow metal-enthusiast!
    I'm an enthusiast of all music really. When I love a certain type of music I hunt it down and add it to my collection. I have like...129 Dismember songs in my Winamp it's ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm an enthusiast of all music really. When I love a certain type of music I hunt it down and add it to my collection. I have like...129 Dismember songs in my Winamp it's ridiculous.
    Heh, brilliant.

Heh, brilliant.
    I have a problem I think though in all reality, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geniusbean View Post
    <vid snip>

meh...

i guess i'm just getting old

this crap doesn't make sense to me
    lmfao

Went through a metal phase in high school/few years out.
    I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to this, though.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    lmfao

Went through a metal phase in high school/few years out.
    I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to this, though.
    Nothing wrong with some awesome moshing to good hardcore. seriously it's all about having fun and stuff.

August Burns Red
    This or the Apocalypse
    The Devil wears Prada
    Architects
    War from a Harlot's Mouth (G)
    As I lay dying
    Heaven Shall Burn (G)
    Caliban (G)
    Converge
    Parkway Drive
    I killed the Prom Queen
    iwrestledabearonce (best.name.ever)
    MyChildren MyBride
    Neaera (G)
    Texas in July

"(G)" indicates german bands, dunno whether they're known internationally. at least Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban are quite popular, with HSB prolly being the most well-known.
    my resource is yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Estival View Post
    August Burns Red
    This or the Apocalypse
    The Devil wears Prada
    Architects
    War from a Harlot's Mouth (G)
    As I lay dying
    Heaven Shall Burn (G)
    Caliban (G)
    Converge
    Parkway Drive
    I killed the Prom Queen
    iwrestledabearonce (best.name.ever)
    MyChildren MyBride
    Neaera (G)
    Texas in July

"(G)" indicates german bands, dunno whether they're known internationally. at least Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban are quite popular, with HSB prolly being the most well-known.
    Converge is so out of place in this list. Also Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban.

wait what?! why? oO

OP stated we could list whatever subgenre

oh btw, started with HSB and Caliban, atm im in love with august burns red, this or the apocalypse and texas in july.
    why i listen to metal? just cause. and because most of them actually use instruments and not some crappy autotune stuff
    my resource is yellow!