Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    I'm going to post my favourite Doom Metal album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDTFS1bZPlU
    I know about Krisiun. And you haven't even picked a song from their best album, Southern Storm. Yes, they're brutal, but I already said that I consider there's a difference between heaviness and brutality.

Also, does anyone know of other bands with WH40k lyrics or just song titles other than Bolt Thrower? Everything warhammer 40k related makes me wet
    But don't suggest me Debauchery because that band is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bal-Sagoth have dabled some with the Warhammer universe. Cover art was done by a Warhammer artist and some of the songs cover that turf.

i listen mostly to following bands

Iron maiden
    Avenged sevenfold
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Hammerfall
    Trivium
    3 inches of blood
    Slipknot
    and last but not least Judas priest.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcall View Post
    fast, technical, late 80's/early 90's thrash, starts with an h, good chance it could be heathen. Toxik could also qualify if you drop the "h" criteria.
    it's heathen !
    I fucking love you! Come receive your love !

<3

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    I'm going to post my favourite Doom Metal album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDTFS1bZPlU

I know about Krisiun. And you haven't even picked a song from their best album, Southern Storm. Yes, they're brutal, but I already said that I consider there's a difference between heaviness and brutality.

Also, does anyone know of other bands with WH40k lyrics or just song titles other than Bolt Thrower? Everything warhammer 40k related makes me wet
    But don't suggest me Debauchery because that band is shit.
    now you just made me sad. Southern Storm their best album? come on... not even close ¬_¬

and tell me, how is that not Heavy?

10+ Year Old Account
    The metal criteria has changed over the years obviously, but so has bands so some of these have transfered over to the "hard rock" category by now, but Ill still put them down.

Avenged Sevenfold- Been listening to them since the beginning, diehard A7x fan, started with Sounding the Seventh trumpet and have loved every album since.

Pantera- Been listening to them for a few years now, didnt really get into them until I heard A7x's cover of "walk" So I decided to give them a listen and loved it.

Atreyu- Started listening to them at the release of "The curse" and then got into their older album as well as their newer album. Now that they are on Hiatus, I recently started listening to Hell or Highwater, the drummer/vocalist's new band. While it isnt a metal band it still has some real bad ass songs.

Disturbed- What metal fan doesn't like Disturbed? Get down with the sickness FFS!

Metallica- Classics, one of my oldest favorites.

All I can say is that I had no idea how many sub genres existed in Rock / Metal before reading this.

Guys, listen to this, the intro is magnific. I keep going back and forth through it, sounds awesome ^^

Deleted
    Could someone explain to me why do people praise Opeth so much? I often see people on the Internet and sometimes even in real life claiming that Opeth's "Blackwater Park" album is the greatest thing in metal. Even people who don't like metal music say "I'm not into metal, but Opeth's Blackwater Park is a modern musical masterpiece, and I'm so smart and classy and open minded for listening to it".
    So I finally gave up and Youtube'd some of their songs. It was... okay, I guess? It didn't sound bad but neither did it sound like something out of this world. I don't get it.
    Because it's one of the best prog bands of the last decade with intelligent lyrics/melody. If what youre looking for are underground slimy black metal bands with retarded lyrics go ahead and get bored of Opeth coz it's not for people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    Because it's one of the best prog bands of the last decade with intelligent lyrics/melody. If what youre looking for are underground slimy black metal bands with retarded lyrics go ahead and get bored of Opeth coz it's not for people like you.
    don't really think their lyrics are so ''intelligent''.

So, if someone doesn't like Opeth it's only because they like "underground slimy black metal bands with retarded lyrics"? Okay then...

10+ Year Old Account
    *facepalm* Dude, no. The best highly visible prog band maybe, but not the be all, end all prog band of the last ten years. And to be honest, I found Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse to be their better albums.

I've mostly been getting my prog fix from Orphaned Land these days, however. Not as harsh to my ears.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    *facepalm* Dude, no. The best highly visible prog band maybe, but not the be all, end all prog band of the last ten years.
    I did say "one of the best" ...

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss
    So, if someone doesn't like Opeth it's only because they like "underground slimy black metal bands with retarded lyrics"? Okay then...
    Yeah that's exactly what I said .........

10+ Year Old Account
    Devourer, you were given a chance to get out of the hole. No need to dig yourself in any deeper.

Summer's gone and love has withered / I believe in nothing yet nothing is what it seems / All is gone and promises slithered / You gave me nothing yet nothing is what it seems

Summer is gone
    I can really see these being some deep lyrics, rather than just a wanna-be Keats.

Take the road where devils speak / "God is dead" / "God is dead"
    And Black Metal has retarded lyrics? "okay".

--

Disturbed- What metal fan doesn't like Disturbed? Get down with the sickness FFS!
    Pretty much most metal fans do not like Disturbed. For the most part anyone who discovered there's something heavier than a Staind ballad in the last decade or so. That said, I can appreciate their honesty in admitting it's really just a 'business' they're running. Unfortunately, I am of the belief that music (or art, in general) shouldn't merely be a means to earn some money.

--

Now for some fun:

Deleted
    I was just randomly clicking suggestions on Youtube yesterday and found this underground slimy black metal band:

inb4 "it sounds like every black metal song ever", yeah yeah shut up I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    now you just made me sad. Southern Storm their best album? come on... not even close ¬_¬

and tell me, how is that not Heavy?
    You people, not even reading my posts. I have already said that I have already explained that when I refer to something as heavy, it's usually something a bit slow paced with a lot of low frequencies, like, you know, Doom Metal. Bolt Thrower is heavy because they're pretty doomy for death metal.

What is all this metal? Prog Metal? Black Metal?? Power Metal!??

Let me give you a dose of old, good, ordinary heavy metal!:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of Death Metal but when I heard about Greg Mackintosh's side project called Vallenfyre I just had to check it out. It's pretty old school Death metal with some gothic influences, and Greg is singing himself!

Vallenfyre - Cathedrals of Dread (A Fragile King)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a great album. Still need to pick it up. Prefer some of the other tracks on it over Cathedrals of Dread though. Nice old skool, crusty sound to it.

Last edited by Duilliath; 2011-12-15 at 12:43 PM. Reason: // added clip

I was just randomly clicking suggestions on Youtube yesterday and found this underground slimy black metal band:

inb4 "it sounds like every black metal song ever", yeah yeah shut up I like it.

You people, not even reading my posts. I have already said that I have already explained that when I refer to something as heavy, it's usually something a bit slow paced with a lot of low frequencies, like, you know, Doom Metal. Bolt Thrower is heavy because they're pretty doomy for death metal.
    And you think Krisiun doesn't have songs like that?

IN fact they have a lot of songs like that.

If you want i can name some grasshopper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't say 'a lot'. Krisiun like their blast beats. I have to say that on the last album (in particular) they really learnt how to work with dynamics a lot better than ever before. Even so, they don't exactly resemble a tank rolling across the battlefield crushing the bones of the dead underneath like Bolt Thrower do.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Wouldn't say 'a lot'. Krisiun like their blast beats. I have to say that on the last album (in particular) they really learnt how to work with dynamics a lot better than ever before. Even so, they don't exactly resemble a tank rolling across the battlefield crushing the bones of the dead underneath like Bolt Thrower do.
    well, i guess then we have different opinions because krisiun has some really ''tank shattering skulls'' songs for me.

And i don't get how someone would think that their songs aren't heavy.... anyway

Take Ageless Venomous for example... if that growl at the end with the guitars and drum doesn't sound like a tank destroying something i don't know what does then...

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 03:44 PM ----------

Also, bloodcraft... vicious wrath... soul devourer...