Ah yes, these guys are amazing!

2:20!

Best song ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Or something more blunt. Yet technical.

Not necessarily better, mind you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEywY...feature=relmfu
    I've never understood the hype around this band. They are extremely talented, no doubt about that, but I often feel that they play technically just for the sake of being technical. They seem to lack good composition, a reoccurring problem especially among DM bands. It's usually the big divider between good DM and great DM. No matter how well they play or how great the riffs are if the composition is off it will greatly hurt the song.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-03-08 at 01:35 AM.

Although her genre isn't exactly Metal, Chelsea Wolfe has some seriously dark shit going on (which is also why she tours with Black Metal Bands). Plus, this live-recorded performance actually does sort of sound like Metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Inbefore shitstorm :O
    I for one don't care. They're solidly squared within metal. And they do get a bunch of bonus points for Joey Jordison's playing as well as him helping out several bands when needed (see: Metallica, Satyricon). From what I remember they might actually have one or two decent songs. They're doing a good job introducing a whole bunch of kids to something that's more extreme than the nearest Staind ballad.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I've never understood the hype around this band. They are extremely talented, no doubt about that, but I often feel that they play technically just for the sake of being technical. They seem to lack good composition, a reoccurring problem especially among DM bands. It's usually the big divider between good DM and great DM. No matter how well they play or how great the riffs are if the composition is off it will greatly hurt the song.
    I don't know. I was browsing for The Rotted / Gorerotted and they popped up on suggestions. I remember checking that out that particular clip a while ago as their bass player was mentioned as possibly replacement for Obscura's Jeroen Paul Thesseling after his departure. I don't particularly care for them one way or another but was impressed with their technical skill. Not a real fan of most technical stuff anyway as - as you said yourself - most of them can't write a song to save their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    1. BTBAAAAAAAAAAAM!!, also known as "Between the buried and me". Its by far my most played band(233 hours in total in the past 11 months). The most amazing prog metal in exstince.
    2. Protest the hero, its more of a hybrid between prog post-hardcore and prog metal, but they are amazing.
    3. Heaven shall burn - Melodeath

Deleted
    Got too many to link, but these are my current top 3

Blinded by fear by At the Gates (i live one block from the singer, best band EU)

Somberlain by Dissection

Hail murder by Dark Funeral

as a bonus, heavy metal rudolph the rednosed raindeer

Enjoy

Tech Death time

A one-man tech death band

In my top albums released last year

Thought this was pretty cool

Cant post links yet, but you should checkout www youtube com watch?v=iJ6aUPtMg0A

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Same reason people find it easier to listen to Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir or Children of Boredom. The melodies are easy to follow, making it easier to latch on and from there develop onto more extreme sounds.
    I'm a couple days late to this discussion, but thought I'd throw in my two cents. I enjoy Melodeath because a lot of everything else sounds like wankery to me. Not everything, but a lot of it. So much of other genres is just seeing how fast they can riff, how fast they can drum, how loud they can play. I don't enjoy that. I enjoy melodies and structure and progression. A lot of the more so-called 'extreme' stuff is just noise to me, and while sure they might be talented and good at what they do, I don't enjoy noise for the sake of noise.

So, I guess in that respect, maybe melodic death metal is more 'entry-level', but they can still crank out face-melting riffs while actually sounding musical, so I'm fine with that. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking some of these songs that have been posted. I like threads like this, I often discover a new band to like and it gives me a chance to beef up my music collection. After i listen to more of the songs here I'll post a song or two as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the basic idea behind the thread, I think, Harry Botter

YOUTUBE WORKS AGAIN!!!!!

I was so lost without you.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

This page needs some hevy devy
    every dream I have wants me to stay