Thread: [Music] Metal

Some shredding Black/Death Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Prefer the Reclaim EP still, tbh. My favourite release by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back at the videos linked on this page - I only recognized Rob Halford and System of a Down

The metal I love is back from the 70s/80s - Scorpions, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    Looking back at the videos linked on this page - I only recognized Rob Halford and System of a Down

The metal I love is back from the 70s/80s - Scorpions, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc.
    Okay, this one's for you then:

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Okay, this one's for you then:
    For some reason I found this hilarious.

Some crushing stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    For some reason I found this hilarious.

Some crushing stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWnd4...feature=relmfu
    I'm a big fan of the new "old school" death metal resurgence. Bands like Dead Congregation, Crucianmentum, Disma, Ignivomous, and Repugnant are really giving the old DM bands a run for their money. I know people say that it's often just Incantation worship, which is true to some extent, but when you play the way they do and have some complex, killer composition it really shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-04-15 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I'm a big fan of the new "old school" death metal resurgence. Bands like Dead Congregation, Crucianmentum, Disma, Ignivomous, and Repugnant are really giving the old DM bands a run for their money. I know people say that it's often just Incantation worship, which is true to some extent, but when you play the way they do and have some complex, killer composition it really shouldn't matter.
    Sadly I haven't heard of a couple you mentioned, but after checking them out I'm glad you did. And I so agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Older styles aren't forever solidified in history. In fact, I'm noticing somewhat of a resurgence of older styles in music as a whole right now. Aside from what you're mentioned - Hardcore, Post-Hardcore and Emo bands are also hearkening back to styles that were more common in the early 90's.

Well, at least the ones that aren't RADIO SINGLES HOLY SHIT VEVO TIME bands.

Not sure if you'd consider this metal but none the less this band is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    Not sure if you'd consider this metal but none the less this band is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChqQhXaPv4
    I would say it's a fusion of prog rock and math rock (or something along the lines of that).

Deleted

Any Psycroptic fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Psycroptics earlier stuff with the orginal vocalist is pretty cool, not much into the new guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Any Psycroptic fans out there?
    The Scepter of the Ancients is one of my favorite tech death albums ever, if not one of my favorite metal albums all together. However, I absolutely hate their new stuff, and especially Peppiatt.

Edit: Actually after re-listening Peppiatt seems to be a lot better on the newest album.
    Last edited by Kreyzor; 2012-04-16 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    This band is looking really promising. Can't wait for a full length.

Deleted
    Awesome & brutal production:

Can't get over how amazing this album was. I also love the philosophy the band had when making it - YouTube kids, random people off the street and any general musicians were free to contribute as they saw fit.