Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    You have not convinced mighty Ziltoid!

^^^^

Townsend is great. One of my favorite musicians of all time.

Just saw him live last Saturday. GREAT show. Got to meet him too. Such a nice guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Thanks a lot, this part made me spit water on my screen.

Haven't discovered anything worth posting recently so I'll just post a classic instead.
    Well it's not blastbeats or so, but damn right it's heavy Listen to the bass drums and guitars in the song Bleed! It sound like an V8 engine and thats heavy in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account

More Devy and cos Dirk's an absolute monster.

Also, more Dirk fun in:

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking awesome:

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not expect this, but the new Between the Buried and Me dazzled me. It's exactly like Colors, but on a whole new more evolved level. So good.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-09-27 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted

Last edited by mmoc79af5b64ea; 2012-09-27 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted

Deleted
    New Voivod.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best black metal vocalists, evah.

Deleted

Was going to post full At The Heart of Winter, but it's not winter yet, damnit. But this should do - it's been a long time since I posted something from this album.

Deleted
    So Nightwish decides to get rid of their singer once again, what do you guys think about this? I never liked her, so I think this is only good news. I wouldnt mind if Marco became the lead singer, though. They dont really need female vocalist but im pretty sure they'll get new one. Hopefully shes better than the former was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    So Nightwish decides to get rid of their singer once again, what do you guys think about this? I never liked her, so I think this is only good news. I wouldnt mind if Marco became the lead singer, though. They dont really need female vocalist but im pretty sure they'll get new one. Hopefully shes better than the former was.
    Never been a fan of the whole generic female fronted fantasy metal thing, but they're bringing in Floor Jansen as a touring replacement and her voice is amazing.

Deleted
    I don't know Floor Jansen at all but I am overall not a huge fan of female fronted smyphonic metal, save a few exceptions (WT). Inever had any problems with Anette but I probably would not mind just Marco doing the vocals.

Unrelated: Probably would belong more in the post-hardcore topic but this one has ample metalcore and post-metal elements in it.
    I have to say I listened to a LOT of this band lately and I just can't get enough of it. I'd rate both "No Wings To Speak Of" and "The Satellite Years" with a straight 10/10 which is extremely rare from me but frankly not only these albums are extremely good they are so overflowing with emotions it is nearly unbearable and they are just perfect in any way in relations to what I look for in music.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    I don't know Floor Jansen at all but I am overall not a huge fan of female fronted smyphonic metal, save a few exceptions (WT). Inever had any problems with Anette but I probably would not mind just Marco doing the vocals.
    She was the singer for After Forever. Way better than Anette, imo:

I love both old and new Nightwish. I've been a Nightwish fan since Century Child, picked up their older stuff as well, and I also think Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum are great albums. Anette got a lot of hate that she didn't deserve. I admit her live voice needs a lot of work, but she's an excellent singer. She just didn't sound exactly like Tarja, and a lot of people gave her hate for that.

I remember at one point when Tarja was leaving NW, there were rumors that Vibeke Stene was going to be her replacement. Not going to happen obviously, but I always thought that would sound awesome.

Personally, I think they'd sound awesome with Marco alone on vocals. The man is a fucking boss. Although...I can't quote it directly, but I believe he said at some point he didn't want to do main vocals in any band other than Tarot. But I guess some songs like Phantom of the Opera would sound kinda awkward if he tried to do them solo...
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-03 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Even if it's a ridiculous thought, I would like to have Tarja back in Nightwish.