Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to see this entertaining band tonight

Deleted
    New Remnants of the Fallen track, Korean MDM with some Metalcore elements.

Gets pretty damn awesome about halfway till the end.

I'm also getting a particular As I Lay Dying vibe with this track.

This is their previous album:

Was a nice ride! Great album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashborer View Post
    Any DSBM (depressive/suicidal black metal) fans here?

Stuff like:

Make A Change... Kill Yourself
    Coldworld
    Happy Days
    Wedard
    Thy Light
    Hypothermia

etc
    I dabble in it. Very surprised by new Coldworld, not DSBM at all, in fact it felt like a very uplifting BM album. It's up there for my AOTY.

And everyone knows Halmstad by Shining, extremely good album even though I don't particularly care for the rest of their discog.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I dabble in it. Very surprised by new Coldworld, not DSBM at all, in fact it felt like a very uplifting BM album. It's up there for my AOTY.

And everyone knows Halmstad by Shining, extremely good album even though I don't particularly care for the rest of their discog.
    The new coldworld was great, I agree. And yeah it wasn't as depressive as Melancholie^2, it was almost uplifting as you said. Interesting change in direction.

In an interview he said relatively soon he is coming out with a standalone ambient album. If its anything like Winteresse we're in for a treat, eh? He also stated that he is working on another black metal album called Winter that will release after the ambient album. He said that with Winter he is gonna go back to his roots which means its probably gonna be more raw and cold. Which makes sense, because the name of the album is Winter, haha. Cant wait. Coldworld is my fav band of all time.

oh, he also said that in 10 years Coldworld will still be a black metal band, hes not gonna suddenly switch genres

I have new releases I want to listen to but I just keep coming back to Slough Feg

Too good

10+ Year Old Account
    Anaal Nathrakh is a band that just keeps disappointing me. I keep hoping they get it right and every album there's this one riff or one song that actually gets me completely amped and then the rest is shite.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first couple albums, but it's gotten so formulaic and clean that it lost a lot of its appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saint Vitus live tomorrow night, with Scott Reagers. I've been waiting my entire time as a Vitus fan to see them with Scott. The hype is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have new releases I want to listen to but I just keep coming back to Slough Feg

Too good
    Yeah that is one hell of an amazing album, too bad I find the rest of the The Lord Weird Slough Feg albums not that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yeah that is one hell of an amazing album, too bad I find the rest of the The Lord Weird Slough Feg albums not that interesting.
    I like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th album. Their debut seemed pretty bad so I stopped it halfway through and everything beyond Traveller is a drop in quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good melodic black metal from Portland, USA. Nothing new or groundbreaking but very well executed black metal tracks.

I like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th album. Their debut seemed pretty bad so I stopped it halfway through and everything beyond Traveller is a drop in quality.
    Yah, totally agree. The stuff after Traveller is in my opinion not really worth listening to.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-10-06 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Pretty good melodic black metal from Portland, USA. Nothing new or groundbreaking but very well executed black metal tracks.

I think I posted this the day it came out, love this album tbh. Up there for my AOTY

This is from In Flames' new live DVD. If you are going to start making terrible music, could you at least not butcher your classics? Metallica at least doesn't fuck up shit from their first 3 albums
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-10-06 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I posted this the day it came out, love this album tbh. Up there for my AOTY
    Ah my bad. Well impressed with this album so far. I actually stumbled across it by accident. My wife had added it to our shared spotify playlist. I had totally missed that release.

Currently, my main choices for AOTY are Moonsorrow, Panopticon/Waldgefluster split, and Vektor. There are probably a few more that I am forgetting now though.

No comment on In Flames. Never really been a fan besides Subterranean and Lunar Strain.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-10-06 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Ash Borer coming in December: https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorer...epassable-gate

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    What exactly is wrong with that performance? It seemed okay to me.
    He tweaked the pacing in a few sections including the chorus and the second verse after the first chorus. The screams are just...something weird I don't know. If he doesn't want to scream anymore that's fine, but Anders completely messes with the flow of the song and makes it sound like modern IF.
    Compared to the great proshot renditions from 2004 and 2006 this is terrible.
    This video is more what I would expect from them. Anders isn't really screaming much where there are screams in the studio version, but he at least is still singing the song the way it's supposed to be sung.

I guess I'm just sperging out because Clayman is my second favorite IF album and Only for the Weak is one of my favorite tracks off it and the most sing-alongable IF song imo.

I think IF as a topic is best left avoided, I regret posting that video lol
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-10-06 at 11:28 PM.

Oh, I see. I wasn't really paying attention when I listened to that performance because I expected some major fuckups, but okay.

Only for the Weak is actually one of my least favorite IF tracks and always has been. Clayman does have one of my absolute favorites though Satellites and Astronauts.
    Satellites and Astronauts is a jam. I even like new-ish IF, they lost me at Siren Charms. Absolutely abysmal record. Never listened to Car Bomb, I'll check them out right now

Check out:
    Death
    Satanic Warmaster
    Benediction
    Macabre
    Drowning the Light
    Overkill...
    I grew up listening to good metal at the end of middle school not the hot topic trash scene kids call hardcore/metal. Now that I'm in college Ive grown to like more old school hardcore punk and grind/powerviolence. Los Angeles is a dope place with a great scene for extreme music.

You could wait for the new one and check out the promo singles or give their previous one a listen first to have some more context, both are fine.

2000s IF was part of what got me into metal but I hardly listen to it anymore. I was surprised by how decent Siren Charms was to be honest but I probably won't listen to their upcoming album. That seems to be the one that they'll finally lose me on.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave Symbolic and Human another try last night and I like them more than when I first heard them but I'm still not a fan. I can't really tell why but I somehow like their music more when it's being covered by other bands such as this one:
    Thats a great cover. Death was my first exposure to metal I thought I was so cool knowing who they were only to grow up and find out most metal heads also grew up listening to them XD. Leprosy is a good album

New Ash Borer

soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/ash-borer-the-irrepassable-gate

(I still cant post links)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even their best?
    Never been a fan of The Jester Race. Dunno, just didn't really do anything for me, but I am no fan of MDM in general.

Gonna listen to that Fight or Yield, haven't heard it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashborer View Post
    New Ash Borer

soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/ash-borer-the-irrepassable-gate

(I still cant post links)
    Should be able to after 10 posts, unless they changed it. Duilliath already linked it: https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorer...epassable-gate

- - - Updated - - -

I gave Symbolic and Human another try last night and I like them more than when I first heard them but I'm still not a fan. I can't really tell why but I somehow like their music more when it's being covered by other bands such as this one:
    Both those albums are amazing. Schuldiner's vocals really destroy. They're mean and dirty. Vektor vocals remind me a little of Chuck.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-10-07 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already posted it about 12 times, lol. It's just really simple, straightforward and catchy black metal with a tiny bit of pagan influences here and there and great lyrics.
    Aye I have seen you post it before, don't really know why I never really bothered with it. Probably, because it is not on spotify and I need to make some sort of effort. I am sometimes lazy that way.