Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Still a class live band.

Also Sounds of a Playground fading gets more than a pass from me since it helped me through a tough time in my life. I love that album to bits but I understand if Jester Race fanatics hate it for sure.

Deleted
    OMG the new metallica album is doooooope! its been a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Bit more weight to it in the knowledge the vocalist passed away a bit earlier.

//edit: Also, I've no idea why people bother with In Flames. The band hasn't been relevant in two decades or so.
    Come Clarity was probably their last decent product :P

/ot: New DT material, yay! I've been out of the loop, gotta get that this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    I'll agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    That's partially how I justify it now. I am VERY new to collecting vinyl, but I don't feel bad about casually dropping $100 bucks on a few records I want considering I've been listening to 99.999% of my music for free for the past 15 years.
    Yah that is indeed a good justification. I guess I justify my Spotify habits by paying for a subscription, but I do miss the days of actually going to a record store and buying a physical copy. Then again, without online streaming, would never have been able to listen, and discover, the wide variety of bands I'm currently listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    From what I've heard of it, yeah it is. Looking forward to getting it on Friday.

But you won't get much agreement here - it ain't death/black/waaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhhhhh/gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr enough for most that post on here I'm afraid - it's got too much of a melody for them

Edit: In case anyone wasn't aware, Metallica are currently releasing a video for each track on Hardwired ... To Self Destruct every two hours until release. So far we've had "ManuUNkind", "Confusion" and "Dream No More", on top of the previously released "Hardwired", "Moth Unto The Flame" and "Atlas, Rise!". Sounding pretty good so far.
    Last edited by Davemetalhead; 2016-11-16 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    From what I've heard of it, yeah it is. Looking forward to getting it on Friday.

But you won't get much agreement here - it ain't death/black/waaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhhhhh/gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr enough for most that post on here I'm afraid - it's got too much of a melody for them

Edit: In case anyone wasn't aware, Metallica are currently releasing a video for each track on Hardwired ... To Self Destruct every two hours until release. So far we've had "ManuUNkind", "Confusion" and "Dream No More", on top of the previously released "Hardwired", "Moth Unto The Flame" and "Atlas, Rise!". Sounding pretty good so far.
    Death Magnetic is better. Still, not a bad album, some decent songs here and there but a lot of filler. They actually released a 6/10 album, which is more than what I and everybody else expected honestly.

BTW what are you on about? Most of us love melodies

For example the melodies here are a thousand times better than in Hardwired.

In other news, that Great Old Ones new album is gonna bulldoze 2017. It's probably been linked before and I'm too lazy to scroll up, but definitely give this a listen if you haven't:

Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-11-16 at 11:18 PM.

The ManUNkind video was...interesting.

Uh this thread talks about melodic death metal practically every other page, we are completely fine with melody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    On this note: Post your favorite melodies in metal, guys.
    When are you ever gonna man up?

This is one of my favorite melodies

10+ Year Old Account
    Melodies? We're all too black metal. Okay, here's something else!

PS: The new Metallica album is okay, at times even good but it is nowhere near other thrash albums from this year like Testament, Metal Church and Death Angel in my opinion.

Speaking of melodies...
    https://youtu.be/cmD30vjNZHE?t=211
    I wouldn't mind a 24h version, that's how I enjoy it.

On topic of Bölzer. Sick album but not sure where you hear similarities with Mastodon though.

I like progressive mteal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    On this note: Post your favorite melodies in metal, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Melodies? We're all too black metal. Okay, here's something else!

PS: The new Metallica album is okay, at times even good but it is nowhere near other thrash albums from this year like Testament, Metal Church and Death Angel in my opinion.
    Now, this is more like it! One of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite albums

- - - Updated - - -

My track of the day - Overkill "Hello From The Gutter" - some classic thrash.

10+ Year Old Account
    My track of the day - Overkill "Hello From The Gutter" - some classic thrash.
    Can't go wrong with that track. Nice choice.

So this video is directed by the director of the upcoming Lords of Chaos movie, and the band onstage is playing Mayhem in said movie. I think they look the part for sure, the singer looks a lot like Dead and Rory Cullin looks enough like Euronymous. The song still blows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably yea. Tbh, it just looks like a cheap advertisement, riding on Metallica's fame.