Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I have to give this album a shot. Never really listened to Moonsorrow though.
    Can advise. Incredible album.

Some pretty decent atmospheric black, debut album of the American Hyperborean Skies.

A great Polish band called Mgla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't recall if this one was posted before. If not, it should've been. If it was, it doesn't hurt giving it a repeat as it's a pretty amazing album.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made my short list for sure.

Funny, first time round I didn't even get through it. Went back and listened again and it just clicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried listening to that White Ward and quit halfway through, really didn't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    And I was confident that we all could finally agree on an album. Back to square one.

Jokes aside, what albums have you been enjoying lately?
    Must say for me so far not been that much that I thought was really great this year. Below, Nokturnal Mortum, Ruins of Beverast, Havukruunu, just to name a few. Probably missing a couple. Oh yeah Pillorian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Jokes aside, what albums have you been enjoying lately?
    Actually got started on making my AotY shortlist (read: basically a reminder of stuff I enjoyed / need to revisit). Doesn't mean that they'll end up on the final version. Bottom ones I still need to listen to, or listen to again. Der Weg Einer Freiheit is on there as a reminder for later.

Igorrr - Savage Sinusoid
    White Ward - Futility Report
    The Great Old Ones - EOD: A Tale of Dark Legacy
    The Ruins Of Beverast - Exuvia
    Trollfest - Helluva
    Tankard - One Foot in the Grave
    Dool - Here Now, There Then
    Cultes Des Ghoules - Coven, Or Evil Ways Instead Of Love
    Immolation - Atonement
    Helheim - LandawarijaR

Nightbringer- Terra Damnata
    Dodecahedron - Kwintessens
    Der Weg Einer Freiheit - Finisterre
    Dodsengel - Interequinox
    Woe - Hope Attrition

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Forgot about mentioning this one. Someone loves their Tom G. Warrior.

Some more good records.

And;

TBDM and Dying Fetus are rolling through down, think I might go see that. Will be my first show in quite a while.

Also this was rec'd to me so I figured I'd pass it on, some solid American melodeath. Will most definitely be better than Forest Seasons will be.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Was not expecting a lot out of the new Dying Fetus, but the performances are excellent. This drumming is insane.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-06-27 at 12:01 PM. Reason: On mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    TBDM and Dying Fetus are rolling through down, think I might go see that. Will be my first show in quite a while.
    Got tickets for the same tour, TBDM is playing Nocturnal in its entirety Also just picked up tickets to see Between the Buried and Me in October, playing Colors in its entirety for the 10 year anniversary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

Also this was rec'd to me so I figured I'd pass it on, some solid American melodeath. Will most definitely be better than Forest Seasons will be.
    I have their previous album when it came out a few years ago. One Chosen by the Gods is a miles better than their latest album. I was a bit disappointed.

New Shade Empire album is also out (Or almost). Pretty sure I linked this song already, but no harm in doing it a second time.

Not their best, and I actually prefered Omega Arcane over this. But it has 3 tracks (Out of 7) that I really liked! It's not a bad album. Their first album from 2004 is still the best though.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Dying Fetus is really fucking fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    New Dying Fetus is really fucking fun.
    I find Dying Fetus incredibly frustrating. There's a shit ton of amazing riffs all the time, but mostly they get lost in showing they can playing really fast and / or how brutal they are and forget about writing memorable songs. I don't generally mind bands that do this as I can just forget about them, but with how strong some parts of their material are, Dying Fetus are so close to being a mind blowing band. And they're not.

Deleted
    Jari's live vocals now that he doesn't have to concentrate on the guitar... Kreygasm

For the speedmetal lovers : Evil Invaders (Belgian Speedmetal)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Not their best, and I actually prefered Omega Arcane over this. But it has 3 tracks (Out of 7) that I really liked! It's not a bad album. Their first album from 2004 is still the best though.
    Another album I had to quit halfway through. I liked their previous albums, but this one really isn't for me.

The Tombs album Duilliath linked I did like however.

On occasion I enjoy some good Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera or something oldschool like that (even though I listen to their newer stuff as well)
    Lately I've gotten into newer bands like While She Sleeps, Hatebreed and Gojira (and by lately I mean in the last few years).
    Still enjoy stuff like In This Moment, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Otep, Butcher Babies, SOAD, Arch Enemy and others. Overall there's just too many bands to list.
    I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite band or song, there is just too much good stuff, so I just mention what I listen to mostly.

Really liked Metallicas latest album, as well as While She Sleeps latest 2 albums. Gojiras latest album was amazing to me. However for some reason despite liking A7x I didn't quite get hooked on their latest album, I don't know..
    Compared to a lot of posts in this thread it must sound like I'm only into very mainstream bands, but it is more a case of not having discovered more bands that I like, hence why I go to this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobaBett View Post
    Compared to a lot of posts in this thread it must sound like I'm only into very mainstream bands, but it is more a case of not having discovered more bands that I like, hence why I go to this thread.
    That's not really a problem, just be open to other bands, and give them a go. There's a lot of quality metal out there. Most posters in this thread are more into extreme metal and thus most of the stuff linked here is probably not the easiest to start of with.

Nothing wrong with old school metal either. I still listen to it as well on occasion. Here is something for you, maybe; one of my favorite albums: