Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Another album I had to quit halfway through. I liked their previous albums, but this one really isn't for me.

The Tombs album Duilliath linked I did like however.
    I agree with you. Out of all albums it is their worst. And I think they have 2 tracks that had a trumpet in them. Atleast, it sounded like one. Didn't do it for me. Actually disliked it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really a problem, just be open to other bands, and give them a go. There's a lot of quality metal out there. Most posters in this thread are more into extreme metal and thus most of the stuff linked here is probably not the easiest to start of with.

Nothing wrong with old school metal either. I still listen to it as well on occasion.

I also like some extreme metal bands, unless the sound quality sounds as if it's poor recording quality. I want my metal to be clean but heavy. One of the reasons why I can't really get into the bands Goriq posts most of the time

Now I don't personally enjoy the following album that much, but perhaps some people here do.

neo-classical with a lot of power/speed.

It's an album preview, but the album is out, and there's a few tracks on youtube.

Very easy to hear they're Japanese though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I agree with you. Out of all albums it is their worst. And I think they have 2 tracks that had a trumpet in them. Atleast, it sounded like one. Didn't do it for me. Actually disliked it.
    Yeah the moment that trumpet started, it was pretty much end of my interest in that album. I also really don't like all the jazz influences that somehow seem popular at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the moment that trumpet started, it was pretty much end of my interest in that album. I also really don't like all the jazz influences that somehow seem popular at the moment.
    Start with BADBADNOTGOOD's III and Bohren & der club of gore's Sunset Mission and I will guarantee you will start to appreciate the sax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Start with BADBADNOTGOOD's III and Bohren & der club of gore's Sunset Mission and I will guarantee you will start to appreciate the sax.
    I just don't like it. Violin and piano is a whole different matter though

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give those bands a listen, but I doubt it will change my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much same for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sci fi black metal is back on the menu boys!

Not technically "Metal" but great nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Kull track (or, Bal-Sagoth with a different vocalist...): http://kullmetal.bandcamp.com/track/vow-of-the-exiled

Opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    New Kull track (or, Bal-Sagoth with a different vocalist...): http://kullmetal.bandcamp.com/track/vow-of-the-exiled

Opinions?
    Very interested, but I need to listen to more tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I've been meaning to check that one out. Sounds pretty promising.
    I distinctly remember you disliking U.M.A. (or I'm confusing people). In that case, this one is a totally different album. A lot more hectic and a lot less space ambienty.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-07-02 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Very interested, but I need to listen to more tracks.
    Not impressed myself, actually. Very chaotic at the start (not that Bal-Sagoth ever has been anything other than sloppy), exceedingly poor production and I think the new vocalist is just a lacklustre replacement for Byron.

10+ Year Old Account

Opinions?
    Overall I quite liked that track but didn't care much for the vocals. Sound quality is quite meh-ish though. Bit chaotic but so was Bal-Sagoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardly metal, but pretty much in love with this album atm.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    nice thanks for the heads up.. wasn't aware that they had new stuff in the works.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Deleted
    I never cared much about Wintersun, sounds very boring to me. I don't understand why they're so populair.

If you like melodic death, it's pretty hard to not like Wintersun's s/t. Time I was a disappointment to anyone that isn't a delusional fanboy, but that first album is pretty close to perfect. Ensiferum's s/t and Iron are better, though.

As much as I despise Jari at this point, that live footage sounded really good and the snippets of the new album unfortunately sound really promising. I'll give it a few spins on Spotify and if I consider it anything above a 3.5/5 I'll probably pick up a physical copy. It'd be pretty hypocritical of me to not support the band if I like their music after preaching to separate the art from the artist.

In closing: It's fine to not like Wintersun or get the hype, do you and like what you like. Also go listen to Ensiferum's s/t and Iron because they are literally perfect.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If you like melodic death, it's pretty hard to not like Wintersun's s/t. Time I was a disappointment to anyone that isn't a delusional fanboy, but that first album is pretty close to perfect. Ensiferum's s/t and Iron are better, though.

As much as I despise Jari at this point, that live footage sounded really good and the snippets of the new album unfortunately sound really promising. I'll give it a few spins on Spotify and if I consider it anything above a 3.5/5 I'll probably pick up a physical copy. It'd be pretty hypocritical of me to not support the band if I like their music after preaching to separate the art from the artist.

In closing: It's fine to not like Wintersun or get the hype, do you and like what you like. Also go listen to Ensiferum's s/t and Iron because they are literally perfect.
    MDM is my area. But Wintersun (And any type of bands who sound closely like that, Norther, Children of Bodom, Ensiferum etc) I just don't like.

Anyway, here's a small EP consisting of 3 tracks. MDM/Folk metal, I love the bagpipes in this band, best on the second track.

and I really like this album. Like the second half of this track more.

Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-07-07 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Paradise Lost single (The Longest Winter), and Limbonic Art album out today. Paradise Lost track is pretty okay. Haven't heard the Limbonic Art album yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with the Limbonic Art one. It's less shit than the previous release, but that's about all the positive I can say about it. Long as it's only half of the original duo, I don't think it'll ever get back to the golden age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with the Limbonic Art one. It's less shit than the previous release, but that's about all the positive I can say about it. Long as it's only half of the original duo, I don't think it'll ever get back to the golden age.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings as well. It is an okay album, better than the previous ones, but without Morfeus it just isn't Limbonic Art, and this album is nowhere near In Abhorrence Dementia or Ad Noctum.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-07-08 at 08:40 AM.