Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Kinda overused the main riff there, but I'm excited for this to drop regardless.

From the upcoming Drudkh/Paysage d'Hiver split.

Drudkh really needs to go back to their Ukrainian folky roots. These melodies are just not their trademark. The track itself isn't bad, but there's basically no change in pace or anything that makes it interesting.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-07-12 at 09:59 PM.

anyone knows what these dudes are up to these days?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

MDM is my area. But Wintersun (And any type of bands who sound closely like that, Norther, Children of Bodom, Ensiferum etc) I just don't like.
    Uh, that's the main appeal of Wintersun, they don't sound like anybody else, it's probably the most unique band in all of Metal. They also transcend subgenres, while the biggest "part" would be Melodeath, they also have too many influences from Black, Power and Folk Metal to be classified as a Melodeath band.

If you think Norther, CoB or Ensiferum (bands that aren't all that similair themselves anyway) sound like Wintersun, I'm just going to assume that you never listened to any of them properly.

Also, Time I suffered from horrible production, but the actual songs were just as good as the selftitled. Rule 1 of listening to Time I is to not listen to the actual Album version, but to listen to the "Live at Sonic Pump Studios" studio rehearal versions.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I'm not going to get too much into breaking down and responding to your post since it wasn't directed at me anyways, but Norther is literally a bargain bin Bodom.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    "Arguing about melodeath".

Here, let me stop this discussion by posting the best melodeath

Subterranean > Jester Race, other than that yeah those 5 are definitely in the top MDM ever.

Edit: Apparently Soundcloud will be dying within the next 50 days, so if you happen to make music and have it saved on there make a hardcopy, and poor Radio Fenriz will have to be hosted somewhere else.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Deleted
    Can add the following too if we go that way :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad. Krimh is having fun from what I'm hearing. The production is pissing me off though. So incredibly bog standard. Starting to get more and more annoyed with the releases since, say, 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, those drums kick ass though.

Deleted
    This new track from SepticFlesh is a lot better than their previous one, I didn't like that one at all. Still looking forward to this album though!

Also, has anyone heard the new Arch Enemy song? It's so fucking bad I don't even want to link it. Looks like as if the lyrics are written by some emo teen. Very boring.

This is one of my biggest surprises this year though (So far!):

I mean, why is the part at 2:30 so fucking awesome? Go listen to their track called Peto, it's on Spotify. It's beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't paid attention to Arch Enemy ever since the guitar player decided that what's around his dick is more important than who should be doing the vocals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arch Enemy is realling boring shite nowadays. Won't even bothering listening to them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally quite liked that God Dethroned album although I realize it is really more of the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. It's pretty much exactly the same as most all their prior stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there is not many power metal fans here but the new Unleash the Archers album Apex is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    COLIN STETSON PLAYS METAL, I REPEAT, COLIN STETSON PLAYS METAL.

For the newbs, Colin Stetson is one of the greatest minimalism/saxophone artists of our time. This record is basically a lot like Aluk Tadolo's of last year, but with sax.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-07-18 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account