Thread: [Music] Metal

melodic black / death

Haiduk - Exomancer

haiduk.bandcamp.com

Anyone like Ufomammut?

dare you not to dance with your dog and smash beer cans on your forehead to this one
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Necroing with 2020's album of the year and some of the finest black metal we've ever heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently in my top 3 releases, together with the new Malokarpatan and Today is the Day.

For non-metal, Yuri Gagarin (space rock) is leading the fray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty gutted to be honest regarding all the lock downs and closures. This year was going to be quite eventful for me, as a full time adult support worker and live-in carer, I only get to go to gigs once a year. This year things had began to look up but obvious current events have stopped things in their tracks.

Going to miss seeing Jethro Tull for the first time as Ian Anderson is cancelling rather than postponing.

KMFDM and Fields of the Nephilim is looking to be in doubt also

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Morbus Chron's Sweven. This, I just find mindlessly boring. It's disappointing, as one'd think that being the target audience of a release (after all, it being named after an album you love, by one of the guys that made that album) it'd be on point. It's just meandering, overly proggy with very little to do with metal outside the last track.

Heard someone compare it to how Tribulation went and just stopped being metal and that Morbus Chron / Sweven squarely aimed for that same audience. Can see their reasoning, but Tribulation at least had songs to go with it, even if it wasn't my style anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I didn't know that dropped. Gonna listen later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listened to about half of it so far, excellent stuff, but I think I liked Morbus Chron a bit better. Will need to listen to the rest.

Orbit Culture is one of my favourite bands now, ever since their 2016 Rasen album which was one of my top 5 albums of that year. This track is the best they made. This vocalist is so incredible, so many styles, everything just sounds so goddamn good and aggressive. Been a while since a song gave me goosebumps, and then you listen to 2:45 until the end and get blown away...

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post

Orbit Culture is one of my favourite bands now, ever since their 2016 Rasen album which was one of my top 5 albums of that year. This track is the best they made. This vocalist is so incredible, so many styles, everything just sounds so goddamn good and aggressive. Been a while since a song gave me goosebumps, and then you listen to 2:45 until the end and get blown away...
    Good Song, didnt know the band until now. But i have to say, the ending melody is a a blatant copy of the Interstellar-Theme, which i cant post here. But youtube -> interstellar main theme ist your friend :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quarantine equals more time to listen to music. Haven't heard this one in probably half a decade. Still a 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently a new 2 hour Paysage d'Hiver album has leaked. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a month my dudes. Paysage d'Hiver, Ulcerate, Oranssi Pazuzu, Elder and Black Curse all dropping nuclear bombs.

I tried listening to that Paysage d'Hiver album but I just can't get into it. The music itself I don't have much issue with, but the lo-fi sounding audio quality really kills it for me and just sounds like it was recorded on an old phone in an actual forest. It's a bummer because there's some bands that are part Black Metal that I love (Agalloch was one of them) but there's many I can't get into simply because of how the music is presented. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I tried listening to that Paysage d'Hiver album but I just can't get into it. The music itself I don't have much issue with, but the lo-fi sounding audio quality really kills it for me and just sounds like it was recorded on an old phone in an actual forest. It's a bummer because there's some bands that are part Black Metal that I love (Agalloch was one of them) but there's many I can't get into simply because of how the music is presented. :/
    Get better headphones and listen to a proper source. Trust me, it's a seminal record.

SUICIDE SILENCE - You Only Live Once

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What a month my dudes. Paysage d'Hiver, Ulcerate, Oranssi Pazuzu, Elder and Black Curse all dropping nuclear bombs.
    That Ulcerate is a frontrunner to be my AotY, tbh. It's incredibly good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Any Demon Hunter fans out there?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Any Demon Hunter fans out there?
    I wouldn't call myself a fan per se, but they have done some songs over the years that I have REALLY loved, a recent one would be More Than Bones. I love it.