Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Lost (possible spoilers)

Need I say more?

There are too many things to talk about to just randomly start this thread myself.

What mysteries of the show do you wish to know?
    Your thoughts of these mysteries and how they affect the characters?
    Do you care more about the questions than the characters themselves?
    What is the Dharma Initiative?
    Or is the better question: Who is the Dharma Initiative?

Continue..

Re: Lost (possible spoilers)

Love the show, just love it. Even though the last seasons werent that great, but i still cant stop watching it.

Yeah, the questions.. theres loads of them, but i read somewhere that everything is surely gonna be answered in the last season(which is starting at feb 2, tuesday! woohoo!)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

They have said 'most' of the questions will be answered. They will leave some things open for discussion though. I hope that those parts which are left open are those about the characters. The Island & the Dharma Initiative is much more interesting than the characters.

If you don't know who or what the Dharma Initiative is you're not a very good fan Oo

Loved the season finale, and looking forward to season 6, although I'm unfortunately having a feeling it might be a dissapointment.

My favorite character was Charlie, but they killed him off
    Then came Sawyer, but it sucks what they did with him and Kate ...

I'd like to know what that black cloud thing is though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I honestly got lost (ha ironic of the title) after the 2nd series. It delved deeper into Wtf am i acctually watching and gave up at series 3. Is it worth buying the box set for further on into the show or does it start to go down hill much like a lot of series after the 1st/2nd series?

In my opinion it went uphill from 3rd season. Only the second season was a downer for me.

Seriously, go rent it and watch!
    [/COLOR]

Second season is the worst. Every season after it gets better.

So excited for the premiere tonight! I've been hooked since the first episode and I have really mixed feelings about the last season. I'm excited for the characters to finally have resolution and to learn the secrets of the island, but I don't know what I'm going to do when the show is over!

The new season begins tonight. I'm glad they decided to start it off with a 2 hour special.

Pretty excited.

Wow didn't even know that! I'll guess I'll be back here tomorrow to check out what people think.

Btw does anyone know a good site to find a quick summary of previous seasons?
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    My favorite character was Charlie, but they killed him off
    I'd like to know what that black cloud thing is though.
    I agree with you on Charlie, I was happy to see him in the premier of the final season and I hope they can bring him back. Sayid is my second fav character for obvious reasons.
    If you watched the episode that aired on Tuesday you learned a bit about the black smoke...imo best episode of LOST ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

The great thing about Lost is even if they kill someone off, they can bring them back. Case in point, Charlie was killed in Season 3 but appears in various flashbacks (mainly Hurley) and now with the "alternate" sideways timeline going on...he is alive.

This is one of the few shows that got better with age. Season 1 and 2 were decent but it picked up in 3 and just kept going.

Jacob's Nemesis seems like he will be the main baddie of the series, as it was revealed he is in fact the Smoke Monster. Never would of guessed that, thought it was just a monster or creation that came with the Island. Now that Jacob is dead though, I wonder what impact that will have on the Island. I kind of wish that JN would take his true form (the form we saw him talking to Jacob at the beginning of S5 finale) instead of pretending to be Locke.

Wow didn't even know that! I'll guess I'll be back here tomorrow to check out what people think.

Btw does anyone know a good site to find a quick summary of previous seasons?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIuXZ37GQIs

This is only for season 1-3, but it's quick and sort of funny :P

10+ Year Old Account

I watched the first 2 seasons then it lost my interest it just got boring and dull. With the whole island is alive shit.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    I watched the first 2 seasons then it lost my interest it just got boring and dull. With the whole island is alive shit.
    I'd ask what you find entertaining but I see you play a DK, so your standards must be way off.

You misinterpreted, the island isn't alive. I would try to explain it, but chances are you wouldn't get it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield
    I'd ask what you find entertaining but I see you play a DK, so your standards must be way off.

You misinterpreted, the island isn't alive. I would try to explain it, but chances are you wouldn't get it.
    Me being a DK sets my standards off? Man its like I'm a black guy back in the 30's and I won't sit in the back of the bus being a DK.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Me being a DK sets my standards off? Man its like I'm a black guy back in the 30's and I won't sit in the back of the bus being a DK.
    You just put yourself into my signature thanks

The above trolls aside,

what does everyone think of the new three episodes?

Is Sayid possessed? Or is he in fact, Jacob?
    Is Locke dead? Or is he the guy that you saw in the season 5 finale as Jacob's rival?
    What exactly is the black cloud thing?
    Why was Desmond now on the plane (in the flash sideways)?
    WTF ! CLAIRE'S BACK ! But they said something about the infection affecting Jack's sister too, and supposedly Claire is Jack's (half)sister right? So what does that MEAN ? !

I gotta say, I loved the episodes. Lost is just so awesome, and I can't wait for episode 4.
    [/COLOR]

I been watching it on Hulu, pretty good show but I have a lot of episodes to watch to catch up.

The above trolls aside,

what does everyone think of the new three episodes?

Is Sayid possessed? Or is he in fact, Jacob?
    Is Locke dead? Or is he the guy that you saw in the season 5 finale as Jacob's rival?
    What exactly is the black cloud thing?
    Why was Desmond now on the plane (in the flash sideways)?
    WTF ! CLAIRE'S BACK ! But they said something about the infection affecting Jack's sister too, and supposedly Claire is Jack's (half)sister right? So what does that MEAN ? !

I gotta say, I loved the episodes. Lost is just so awesome, and I can't wait for episode 4.
    I have read somewhere about those questions, the creators talked about them. Ill try to answer some of them. Remember, i'm on the same episode as everyone is, its just guesses and some speculation.

Is Sayid possessed? Or is he in fact, Jacob? He is 100% not Jacob, if he was, the "Others" in the temple wouldnt want to kill him. I think "Possessed" means Sayid is gonna join the dark side, not the Jacob one.

Is Locke dead? Or is he the guy that you saw in the season 5 finale as Jacob's rival? The real Locke appears to be dead. The guy that is Locke right now is the Jacob's rival, the "Man In Black", also the "Black Smoke". He started manipulating Ben from the start of Season 5, he appeared as Alex also, who said "Do what John says" to Ben( Alex, John Locke, Black smoke - One guy. )

What exactly is the black cloud thing? "Man In Black" or Jacob's rival or "The Dark Side"

Why was Desmond now on the plane (in the flash sideways)? There was alot of things that were different on the plane, Hugo was "the luckiest man alive", Jack at the very start of Lost was the one that encouraged Rose, now, it's the other way around. Also, the whole Island is under water.
    If that bomb worked( which is what going on in the flash'es ) it should have changed everything( it did, as you can see ), cus at the very start of Lost there was no bomb. By some theories about time traveling, if people changed/did something in the future and came back to the same place/time from where they started, everything wouldnt be the same.

WTF ! CLAIRE'S BACK ! But they said something about the infection affecting Jack's sister too, and supposedly Claire is Jack's (half)sister right? So what does that MEAN? We dont know a thing about Claire, cus we didnt even had a chance to see if she's bad mannered or not. But if she is infected, she might have joined the forces of the EVIL!
    Remember, when in the Cabin where Jacob should be, Locke saw Jack's father and Claire. In my opinion Jack's father is/was the "Man In Black", cus Jacob cant change his appearance, only the MIB can. And, probably that MIB dude was playing with everyone all along, showing up as relatives of people and so on. He might have even took the looks of Jacob and told Hurley to go to the temple, but thats a very small chance.
    Back to the question. If Claire was with Jack's father(MIB), i think that means she is on his side, the infected side, the evil side.

Sorry if something is hard to understand, english isnt my first language