Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Beta opinions

With this game being heavily anticipated in the FPS community (seriously it was like a second Christmas.. crazy), what are your opinions of the game and it's future?

As a former FPS'er I find the game to be just what we'd waiting a long time for, it has fairly balanced gameplay (except maybe the map), it retains the battlefield playstyle and feel but has no more buggy lag thanks to the new engine and most of all you can now blow up EVERYTHING!

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Beta opinions

free demo up on xbl right now and im loving it. Destructible buildings, having to "guide" the bullets, vehicles, so far i am enjoying the game alot right now even though the demo is only 1 map. As a mw2 player i feel that bc2 is better imo no kill streaks no need to camp unless your sniping (which actually takes skill) much bigger maps and overall better feel. I for one cannot wait for this game to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiMii
    I have not been able to get into EU beta for free and i have read a lot about this game but all i hear is negative.

This is what i have hear about the PC version:
    Explotion range is too short, all have too much HP, cant see your own HP, sick recoil, no strafing while runing, can't crowl, compaired to MW2 this has allmost no weapons, too few air veicles, few (even tho they are big) maps, bad score screen, too much smoke and stuff wich makes the FPS go crazy, NOOBTUBE, too bad FPS, can not choose new weapon at once, bad hitboxes, can't see anything while trying to aim cause the crosschair is too big. and the list goes on...

I am beeing told that i should just stick with MW2 cause it is a much better game.
    Sounds like MW2-fanboy slander. Try it out for yourself and be your own judge.

All I've heard about it has been positive. And I'm really looking forward to try it myself at some point.

I've been playing the Beta since the 28th (now the highest rank possible) and all I can say is that it's a really good game.

I'll get the only two negatives out of the way now:

• There's no prone. (However I haven't missed it that much)
    • There's no toggle'd crouch, so you have to hold it down which makes sniping a pain.

Positives:

• The graphics are fantastic. Despite the smoke and multiple explosions I've had no FPS problems at all.
    • The explosive environments are very well done.
    • The crosshairs, recoil, bullet travel times, vehicle displays and sounds are all very realistic feeling and sounding.

Arguments against those made in the negative post:

• First and foremost; it's a beta - small things like health display (which I think is fine by the way) and the scoreboard are the things that will be changed based on player feedback.
    • As for no "strafing while running" - this is a realism thing, I very much doubt there's that many soldiers wearing a full-kit of gear and carrying a gun would be able to pull off running full sprint in a diagonal line without falling over.
    • It can hardly be argued that there are too few maps, and too few airs vehicles. This is a beta, but also a demo (which is the reason that unlocks/weapons/ranks are locked out). There is one map and one game mode; you can't judge the full game on that. This is primarily a test of the game engine and from what I've played so far; it's very impressive.

Overall, I pre-ordered this game just for the beta key. And I'm glad to say I won't be cancelling that pre-order.

I've played it, and (dont flame me for it) comparing it to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 its really a step down. The game currently just doesnt feel right, after 30 minutes of gameplay it kind of felt like Team Schwarzenegger vs Team Stallone.

Have you tried throwing a grenade? They glide through the air, real silly and un-realistic. Also the fact that you have to shoot an entire clip into someone's head is rather silly.

To me, this game is a letdown, and i really arent sure im even going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiMii
    NOOBTUBE
    Played it a total of 5 hours now, there really arent much noobtubes/knifers.

I tried the demo on XBL, and it just...didn't feel right. Coming from MW2, it feels clunky and the gameplay feels tacky. While destructible buildings and such may be attractive, the rest was just not there for me. Also, sniper shots to head = survive? Wut.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

I tried it on X-Box Live. and, well, I like it as a battlefield game, but im not going to buy it.

It has about the same mechanics as Battlefield 2, and it's a graphical and auditory improvement over the first Bad Company.

My only deal is, where's the humor besides the vulgar Soldier talk? The first game's (Bad Company that is) selling point was not just the destructible buildings, it was the first battlefield game that actually had a storyline and singleplayer with actual characters, and i have yet to hear anything about it.

Also it's understandable, that people try to compare This game to Call of Duty, but both are their own series and have been for the past 6-8 or so years designed differently. Call of Duty revolving much more around the individual, and battlefield relying more on other tools and support (vehicles) than lone wolfing.

It would be if i was comparing Fallout 3's First person shooting to that of, say Halo, it's two completely different designs.

TL;DR:It's good as a battlefield game, but im not buying it. Not because of personal taste though, but because i'm broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I found myself very entertained for an hour and a half +, with the fact that it was only on one map and one game type. It seems a lot more balanced then the crap that has become of the Modern Warfare 2 online.

Quote Originally Posted by Naplam
    I tried the demo on XBL, and it just...didn't feel right. Coming from MW2, it feels clunky and the gameplay feels tacky. While destructible buildings and such may be attractive, the rest was just not there for me. Also, sniper shots to head = survive? Wut.
    i feel same way dude. it felt sooo soo slow and bulky. mw2 feels very fast and smooth its like a porshe and a dump truck. I feel the sniper is too weak there have been time when i would have to hit people multiple times in the chest. I mean come on its a sniper "1 shot 1 kill" or 2 shots if its not a headshot. I must admit i do enjoy not having to worry about a million helicopters in the air or people camping to earn killstreaks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual
    i feel same way dude. it felt sooo soo slow and bulky. mw2 feels very fast and smooth its like a porshe and a dump truck. I feel the sniper is too weak there have been time when i would have to hit people multiple times in the chest. I mean come on its a sniper "1 shot 1 kill" or 2 shots if its not a headshot. I must admit i do enjoy not having to worry about a million helicopters in the air or people camping to earn killstreaks
    Dont the players regain their hp if they are wounded, just faster when there is a first aid kit nearby ? One shot to head with an M24 should kill enemy with full hp, tough the lag has become a great issue on Xbox live + its a beta, which probably have alot of bugs. I'd still prefer on Bad Company 1 tough.