Is Prot/Holy still viable for PvP?

Hello, I would like to know if Prot/Holy is still viable in a PvP environment, mostly arena. I mean most points in Prot and like 20 points in Holy. If it is, do I just stack Stamina? Thanks!

Re: Is Prot/Holy still viable for PvP?

I'm not sure about viability, if anything I'd choose holy/prot over prot/holy.

But if you went prot/holy, I'd think you'd stack int and int+stam

No, it isn't.

The talent that turned stamina into spellpower has been changed so that your STRENGTH converts over into spellpower.

Technically you can still play as it, but it is much inferior to holy.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    No, it isn't.

The talent that turned stamina into spellpower has been changed so that your STRENGTH converts over into spellpower.

Technically you can still play as it, but it is much inferior to holy.
    Not to mention that you no longer get FoL HoTs from healing targets with SS on them unless you spec deep into Holy.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The spec may once again be somewhat viable for a double healer 3's team. The new resilience buff would likely have people rage-quit and uninstall before you ever saw yourself drop below 50% HP.

This is not to say it is superior to holy in any way, shape or form (I personally believe it's inferior, but to each their own); but is just another spec with some different utility from the cookie cutter holy builds.

And regarding gems, you would most likely be best to go with heavy +Spell Power.

Spec still may be viable for some comps since it still brings decent utility. But as far as the healing aspect goes, it got nerfed a lot. No more SS+FoL HoT is huge for PVP + stamina no longer converts to spellpower so you would have to actually stack sp now and as a result, your hp will suffer.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

In 2v2 hell yes it is, I love it.

Not so much in 3v3 double dps.