Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insanely High MS on every realm help please.

Okae I'd really appreciate help on this issue since about 5 GM's have failed even realise what my problem is and have given me useless irrelevant advice.

Basically my mains are on Blackrock-us PvP. My ping is fine, normally 400-500, which is playable.
    Last season I xfered my Rogue to an oceanic server named Barthilias. Everytime I tried logging on this server I had insane MS, 10K+ and would just dc (People moonwalking, NPC's not loading etc). The only times I could ever connect to Barthilias Properly was using tunnels and even then I'd have 600ms +
    Recently I have xfered my Mage to Quel'dorei and am having the same issues. But Blackrock remains fine and playable.
    I play wow on a laptop, using wireless, i have tried using an ethernet cable to connect to the internet and then wow but this has no effect besides maybe 10 less ms or so.

GMs have told me it is due to me living in New Zealand and these Realm servers being located in US. BUT Barthilias is an Oceanic realm and hence shouldn't be giving me this sort of issue. Blackrock is a US server and I have no problems with it, not to mention Blackrock is the realm with the reputation of "the most laggiest server in wow"

If anyone has some advice that may help me fix this problem I'd really appreciate it.
    =)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Insanely High MS on every realm help please.

If Blackrock's fine, but Barthilias isn't, then its probably an addon issue. Both servers are located in the same datacenter in LA.

Have you updated your addons lately?

I remember when 2.4 pushed, Bongos (now Dominoes) increased my latency by 8000ms.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

I use curse client weekly to update them.
    But ill try remove my addon folder and logon to each server and see what happens.
    Thanks =)

I am not 100% certain, but I think the Oceanic servers are still hosted in the US.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I am not 100% certain, but I think the Oceanic servers are still hosted in the US.
    Yup. They're all hosted in LA.
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Okae I cut an pasted my interface folder out of my wow folder.
    No change
    Got on to Quel, my MS state 0. 20 seconds later I dc'd. People moonwalking and stuff

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Did you move your WTF folder?

Cuz thats where your addon settings are saved.
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Quote Originally Posted by Resa
    Did you move your WTF folder?

Cuz thats where your addon settings are saved.
    Yes, i moved both to my desktop and tried logging into Quel.

Your line doesn't look too bad, I am guessing it is just your pathing to the WoW servers, players in Aus have a similar problem. They solve it by tunneling with one of the various services.

I do understand this but there is no way I should have to pay for tunnels in order to play wow. Ping of 10k+ is just crazy considering Blackrock is fine.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Your line doesn't look too bad, I am guessing it is just your pathing to the WoW servers, players in Aus have a similar problem. They solve it by tunneling with one of the various services.
    It doesn't make sense that ping to one server is fine (Blackrock) while another server in the same battlegroup & datacenter (Barthilas) -they could be side by side for all we know - has such a huge difference in latency & playability.

Its gotta be an issue on the OP's end. Out of date router firmware, old network adapter driver.. something..
    Ressie - Medivh-US

I've tried two different routers, port forwarding, and even different network set-ups, all with no change on my current issue. I have tried those common registry edits as well as software that will "reduce ping."

=(

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...110192903.jpg/
    My mage on Quel.
    No addons running. Cache, WTF, Interface folders on my desktop seperate from my wow folder.
    No background programmes running (msconfig all boot apps off).
    Ports forwarded.
    Network card firmware up to date, and power saving off.

Try this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fjysf-hUw

It's a video from Swifty explaining a trick he uses to lower his ping... I did it and it lowered mine from around 250 to constant sub-100. It may not totally get rid of the problem for you, but hopefully it'll help things be remotely playable.

I suppose you already tried clearing your DNS cache?

Open the command line window, type
    ipconfig /flushdns
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Deleted

Copied from WoW forums, can you try this? It might show where the problem starts. Can you also run one from the server that does run okay-ish? To compare the differences

Click the Start button and select the Run option from the menu
    - Type in cmd in the command text box then press Enter.
    - Type the following into the command window that appears: netstat -n -p tcp -b | more
    you will see a line like this one (depending on World Of Warcraft):

TCP XXX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX YY.YYY.YYY.YY:3724 ESTABLISHED 4476 [WoW.exe]

The IP address that is indicated by Xs is your IP address, this is not needed, so do not post this.

The information that is important however is the one indicated by Y's on the example above, this is the IP address of the server you are playing on.

Now we need some information on your connection, in the same command window, type in:

tracert YY.YYY.YYY.YY > C:\tracert.txt

A file will be created on your local drive (C:\) called tracert.txt which will contain the trace route information, this may take some time so do not close down the window once the trace is complete the > prompt will appear again.
    Thanks!

I didn't do the tracer yet as I got a bit confused from my results so I took some SS's.

from the laggy server:
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9943/quel.png

from the alright server:
    http://img208.imageshack.us/i/brock.png/

Deleted

Right, you'll have to make a tracert of these:

Laggy server:
    69.174.119.63:3724

Alright server:
    12.129.206.130:1119
    12.129.225.48:3724

Good luck,