How will my new rig cope with WoW?

Hey guys, I'm building a new computer (the parts to finish it will be getting here on friday) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how well it could cope with high-ish settings (antialiasing isnt a must at high res, everything set to high with shadows one notch from max) in 25 man raids and in dalaran.

The parts are:

Arctic Power 700w PSU (I know, shitty, uninformed choice at the time I ordered, will have to upgrade this asap)
    Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P Mobo
    AMD Phenom II x2 550BE at stock 3.1ghz (with possible core unlock to x4)
    WD 500GB Drive (can't remember the model)
    ATI Radeon HD 4870

cheers!

Re: How will my new rig cope with WoW?

Not amazing if that core unlock fails. Poor item choices all around there. >

Should be fine. Don't know what res you were planning on running it at nor how much RAM you're getting, but should get pretty smooth framerates out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Well assuming it is set up correctly I would assume it would run it fairly well. The CPU is sufficient and could be overclocked. Also the 4870 is comparable to the gtx260 and should be more than enough for WoW's relatively light gpu needs. All things considered, you should be good to go, but you never can tell with wow and it's wonky performance issues

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Not amazing if that core unlock fails. Poor item choices all around there. >
    Hmm, well I know that WoW Benifits from lower cores at higher clocks, and that CPU is pretty awesome for price to performance (especially if you factor in the possible core unlock)

Basically, this machine was built around the idea of price to performance, the mobo was on offer and the reviews all say its rock solid. I forgot to add that I bought 4gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz RAM, also on offer.

Apart from the PSU, which was because I was pretty uninformed about PSUs at the time, can you elaborate on why the item choices were poor? I think that the CPU and the video card pretty much hit the price to performance sweet spot.

cheers for your input guys.

Sure thing. You could have gone with a quad core for not THAT much more, 4870 costs just about the same as a 5770, which is within 10% of it, most games coming very close or even faster, has DX11, uses less power, puts out less heat, and has more features. Of course you already mentioned the PSU, which may or may not be decent.

The Radeon 4800 series (specifically, the 4890 and 4870) run WoW almost flawlessly, especially with a Phenom 3.1GHz. You may only encounter some slowing if you run at 2560x1600, at max graphics. But around 1920x1080 is 60+ FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhazn
    The Radeon 4800 series (specifically, the 4890 and 4870) run WoW almost flawlessly, especially with a Phenom 3.1GHz. You may only encounter some slowing if you run at 2560x1600, at max graphics. But around 1920x1080 is 60+ FPS.
    I have an i7 920 with a 4850 and WoW does not run flawlessly at all at 1680x1050. Especially if you turn shadows or AA up.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I have an i7 920 with a 4850 and WoW does not run flawlessly at all at 1680x1050. Especially if you turn shadows or AA up.
    Anandtech has the 4850 running at 52fps on WoW at 1680x1050 with max settings and 8x AA: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3650&p=7

I'm not sure what their test is like, but it'd have to at least have something decent going on there not to be getting much larger framerates on the high end / multi-GPU systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I am not 100% certain, but at one time it was a flightpath with the benchmark hide NPCs command on, not exactly Dalaran or 25 mans.