Thread: Half Life 3

15+ Year Old Account

Half Life 3

or Half Life 2 Ep. 3 w/e

Hasn't been said here yet. WTF how long has it been since Ep. 2?

Not very episodic. Anyone have any info on the new one?

Re: Half Life 3

Theres a couple of pieces of artwork floating around the internet and a LOT of speculation...

Im DYING to get my hands on Episode 3

a few weeks ago Game Informer posted a source saying there wouldn't be any HL2:EP3 release in 2010, but we could expect something in 2011. pretty bad tbh, while Valve is a good company, they do some immensely frustrating things.

Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    a few weeks ago Game Informer posted a source saying there wouldn't be any HL2:EP3 release in 2010, but we could expect something in 2011. pretty bad tbh, while Valve is a good company, they do some immensely frustrating things.
    Valve hasn't said anything though, so i wouldn't give up yet. Then again, it's valve, so i wouldn't hold my breath either.

However, if the Half-life 2 delay, and the Half-life 2 leaked beta has taught us anything, it's that it was a good idea for them to spend more time on the game.

Hell, you've seen the first ever Half-life 1 pictures and videos. I'm glad they spent more time on it, because the result was amazing game that still has modders and popular mods to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I just finished The whole Half Life 2 series plus portal... again... for the fourth time... not including comentary runs...

NEEEEEEEED MOOOOOOOAAAAAAAR.

I can't wait until episode 3.

WTB a completely new Half Life, i.e HL3. Episodes is getting a bit meh imo.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Valve is mysterious and frustrating.

I'm still waiting for a "Meet the Medic" video for TF2. They seem very... inconcistent with their content releases.

They've had enough time to create an entire game rather than just an episode. If we get another 2 hour long episode after this much time, I'm giving up on Valve. >

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    They've had enough time to create an entire game rather than just an episode. If we get another 2 hour long episode after this much time, I'm giving up on Valve. >
    Half Life 3 > Half Life 2: Episode 3 though it's unlikely.

If theres a new game I would really want to continue the current story. I'm really curious what they will find in borealis. Maybe Gordon will have the change to get a portal gun (plz plz plz) or even meet the "Portal" chick!

A great site where you can find detail about the Half Life universe is http://www.members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/. If you haven't visited, do so!!!

No Episode 3 in 2010. Some say that it will be released in 2012 >

I hope combine-like technology won't be widely available before Episode 3 hits the stores.

if released in 2011, thats an expansion for a 7 year old game...HL2e2 ended the whole halflife 2 story just fine. i say dont bother with episode 3 on that old source engine and just make Half Life 3, even if it takes even longer than 2011.

Rather have HL3 in 2015 then 1 episode each year until that.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    or Half Life 2 Ep. 3 w/e

Hasn't been said here yet. WTF how long has it been since Ep. 2?

Not very episodic. Anyone have any info on the new one?
    I will not be a part of this game again. First, you play a game a long time and it gets fun in two parts...a sweet jet ski trip, then some car ride....and then at the end where it's like the War of the Worlds movie. That was sweet.

You get a epic plot indicating there will be HL2:EP2 and it's not till like feels like the difference between DOOM 2 and DOOM 3 when they come out. It's to long gone, forget it valve. Other than that, I play more of the sourced engine games, (tf2, css, etc.) if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    No Episode 3 in 2010. Some say that it will be released in 2012 >

I hope combine-like technology won't be widely available before Episode 3 hits the stores.
    Knowing our luck it will be released 12-22-12.......only those who survivethe apocolypse will get to play it. But in all seriousness this one better be orgasmic because it's been forever since we got a new episode. My problem is I fear they will make it Half Life 2: Episode 3 and it will be like episodes 1 and 2: Great but not long enough. Seems like right as I was really really getting in to ep. 2 it was over and left ya with an unsatisfying ending. /sigh one day......one day