Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Problems with Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Xaralei
    I did find this at Maintankadin. Empirical metrics that show Renewed Hope and BoSanc DO NOT stack.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic&start=0

Now to perform tests like this for Inspiration...
    Ok. So I came back out of retirement just to respond to this.

I ran tests just last week on all of these metrics. RH, BoSanc, ImpRF, & Glyph of DP ALL stack. Vigilance DOES NOT stack with BoSanc.

Inspiration shares metrics with other like effects (like the shaman version) and does not stack. However, it does stack with those above (as well as Ardent Defender).

The problem with the Maintankadin post was that he used lava, which as an environmental effect can act weird (like fall damage). My tests used Penance, which has a 1pt damage spread. As with the last time I did this, I do not have screenshots. You can either take my word for it or not. I have no reason to lie about this, but I make sure to do this test w/ every minor/major patch where it could get stealthed nerfed.

If you wish to replicate, get a prot pally friend. Go somewhere secluded (mountain top) and do this:

Duel1: Penance (control)
    Duel2: Penance w/ BoSanc
    Duel3: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH (Cast PW:S on yourself, then type /duel, cast penance before 20sec is up)
    Duel4: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH + ImpRF
    Duel5: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH + ImpRF + Glyph of DP

You should see reduced damage with each successive duel.

The only question is buffs that are not self-only. Imp RF, DP glyph, etc. Those will stack with raid type buffs such as Sanc, or Renewed Hope. So the only question is if damage goes down properly with just RH + Sanc.

Also keep in mind that you're dealing with Guarded by the Light and other issues and you seem to be using a very small sample. Do you have a log of your results? I tested this about a week ago myself and dismissed my own results because they supported the old results.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    The only question is buffs that are not self-only. Imp RF, DP glyph, etc. Those will stack with raid type buffs such as Sanc, or Renewed Hope. So the only question is if damage goes down properly with just RH + Sanc.

Also keep in mind that you're dealing with Guarded by the Light and other issues and you seem to be using a very small sample. Do you have a log of your results? I tested this about a week ago myself and dismissed my own results because they supported the old results.
    No, I don't have a log. I don't do my tests to prove something to the internets. As you can see, I test this between Duels 2 & 3. The reason why I do all the tests is if one does not reduce the damage of penance successively, it means that something does not stack with something else. To this point, I have never had this happen each time I've done the test.

Interesting. I'll have to test a bit when my realm comes back up. It would certainly change a lot of things if Sanc and RH are now stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Ok. So I came back out of retirement just to respond to this.

I ran tests just last week on all of these metrics. RH, BoSanc, ImpRF, & Glyph of DP ALL stack. Vigilance DOES NOT stack with BoSanc.

Inspiration shares metrics with other like effects (like the shaman version) and does not stack. However, it does stack with those above (as well as Ardent Defender).

The problem with the Maintankadin post was that he used lava, which as an environmental effect can act weird (like fall damage). My tests used Penance, which has a 1pt damage spread. As with the last time I did this, I do not have screenshots. You can either take my word for it or not. I have no reason to lie about this, but I make sure to do this test w/ every minor/major patch where it could get stealthed nerfed.

If you wish to replicate, get a prot pally friend. Go somewhere secluded (mountain top) and do this:

Duel1: Penance (control)
    Duel2: Penance w/ BoSanc
    Duel3: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH (Cast PW:S on yourself, then type /duel, cast penance before 20sec is up)
    Duel4: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH + ImpRF
    Duel5: Penance w/ BoSanc + RH + ImpRF + Glyph of DP

You should see reduced damage with each successive duel.
    If you scroll further down on that Maintankadin post you will see a commenter that did a test similar to what you describe. In those secreenshots they did not stack. The tests aren't exactly as you describe, but are similar. I will see if I can get screenshots from a similar test this weekend. I will attempt to replicate your tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Lol Renew as disc.
    Lol Greater heal.

Both terrible.
    Just read. I said renew was not valuable in disc.
    Then you loled at GH, we all know you are a PW:S spammer, and this debate has already be done multiple times. I would be curious looking at your real efficiency when it comes to tank huge hits. PW:S then?... oh yeah, 15s CD... FH spam? Really efficient when burst happens you're right. Or maybe you just go shielding raid members for keeping you busy?

You read lost of topics in this forum and you know GH is not meant to be used for replacing FH. Only used when required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ândrömèdâ
    Just read. I said renew was not valuable in disc.
    Then you loled at GH, we all know you are a PW:S spammer, and this debate has already be done multiple times. I would be curious looking at your real efficiency when it comes to tank huge hits. PW:S then?... oh yeah, 15s CD... FH spam? Really efficient when burst happens you're right. Or maybe you just go shielding raid members for keeping you busy?

You read lost of topics in this forum and you know GH is not meant to be used for replacing FH. Only used when required.
    I don't just spam Power Word shield, but it is alot of my healing done according to WoL.
    There are other jobs Im completing as well.
    Keeping grace on tanks.
    Divine Aegis uptime.
    Inspiration.

I understand your ideal of used when required, but Ive yet to find this situation in any of the fights Ive encountered.
    I admit, maybe Ill use it in some case come further into heroic ICC, but doing the citadel so far, I saw no reason to greater heal.
    I dont have a problem with greater, but I do not understand peoples huge defense and attachment on the spell.
    Stacking alot of haste to make it your new filler is just silly.

I continue arguing against to eventually see a logical explanation in its use.
    Dont take it as biased crticism, but a challenge to maybe see it as intriguing to use.

Other people have already found the uses and explained them. Rejecting that and insisting that you're playing devil's advocate is silly. The question is not when GH is useful, but if the situations where it is useful apply to you.

Thanks Harky!

I actually like to counter a burst spike on tank damage with shield + penance + greater heal (because borrowed time is not used up by penance)

You can't get more burst healing on your tank than in this way.
    Especially useful in 2 healing 10man if your other healer is occupied by say, raid damage