Thread: Shining Force

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shining Force

Did anyone play Shining Force on SEGA? I did as a kid and now I've got the emulator.

Re: Shining Force

Yeah I loved that/this game... hmmm I haven't seen it out on the emulator before but /stroke beard. MmmmmHhahahaha

I played the second up until I think the fifteenth or so battle

You can actually download the first two on the wii VC for the equivalent of 20 dollars
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Remember playing Shining Soul on the GBA, excellent game

I'm gonna start playing it again soon... Last time though I forgot a character, the helicopterman you know..

Loved the Sega version but I have to say the GBA remake is much better.

The first Shining Force was personally my favorite of the series.

we had an emulator craze when i was at school, this and mario RPG is what i played all the time.

shining force was huge shining force 2 was bigger still. i have a copy boxed and safe at home as it is probably one the best titles ever released on the mega drive.

if you haven't played it you should.

Shining Force I, II, and GBA version all played and beaten.

Too good to pass up

Shining Force 3 was probably the best strategy rpg I ever played. Its ashame they only released Scenarion 1 (of 3) in the states. Luckily I can read some japanese, so I was able to import it and understand some of the plot.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeethi View Post
    Did anyone play Shining Force on SEGA? I did as a kid and now I've got the emulator.
    I did, still have both 1 and 2 for Genesis. Amazing games. I still to this day occasionally play them.

Back at you with a question, same system, PHANTASY STAR IV? Hands down awesome! And yes I am 31, married with a kid, will teach my daughter about these games when she's older LMAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    you realise you can get the Ultimate Genesis collection on PC, Ps3 and Xbox 360 that has both Shining Force games along with a METRIC FUCKTON of other Sega classics for about £10, you don't need a dodgy emulator

but yes I played and LOVED every shining force game, so annoyed they didn't release all of the third on in the UK.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

There's a GBA remake? Ooh, I've got to find that!

Loved the first and the second, although I didn't get to finish them due to having a million other games to play at the time.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Both amazing games. i remember spending a good amount of time playing these games as a kid.

I played SF I, II and first 9and only translated) disk of SF III, also peeked at two Shining Forces on GB. Liked SF II the most out of Shining Force series. Though I enjoyed Shining games from other genre - Shining in the Darkness and Shining the Holy Ark - dungeon crawlers. Shining Soul I, II were also cool games for GBA, those were Diablo-like.
    same system, PHANTASY STAR IV?
    PS IV was cool game, though I missed dungeon design of PS II.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Shining Force I, II, III (English translation of all 3 scenarios), Shining Force CD, GBA Was my FIRST RPG I've ever played as a kid.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    *points to Avatar* I love me some Shining force. I beat both games a few times a year even still. I Just love it. Though I prefer 2

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orist View Post
    *points to Avatar* I love me some Shining force. I beat both games a few times a year even still. I Just love it. Though I prefer 2
    SLADE! Was so badass with the mithril made gisarme lol

Loved how awesome those graphics were when he sliced them in half HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    I played Shining Force I, II, III (English translation of all 3 scenarios), Shining Force CD, GBA Was my FIRST RPG I've ever played as a kid.
    I heard some rumors about fan-made translation of the rest of Shining Force III, but there was never official release of English version of Shining Force III outside of 1st CD. Could you tell where did you get those? Also I suppose it includes 4th "scenario" as well (which is basically series of boss fights)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I heard some rumors about fan-made translation of the rest of Shining Force III, but there was never official release of English version of Shining Force III outside of 1st CD. Could you tell where did you get those? Also I suppose it includes 4th "scenario" as well (which is basically series of boss fights)?
    Its on shining force central website.