Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Dual Core or Quad Core?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt
    IMO, don't let DX11 fool you into thinking its a better card. the 260GTX 216SP is marginally better then the 5770 in a single card config, but pair up those 260's and you get TOP of The Line Performance.
    True, but less futureproof. It depends on how long the card must be used, and if it's also gonna be used for newer games (with Dx11 support)

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    True, but less futureproof. It depends on how long the card must be used, and if it's also gonna be used for newer games (with Dx11 support)
    Point. But i say that only because there is this craze about DX11 cards being great.....

By the time any decent DX11 games are developed they will be better used as paperweight.

Most DX11 games now run piss poor due to horrible coding. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt
    Point. But i say that only because there is this craze about DX11 cards being great.....

By the time any decent DX11 games are developed they will be better used as paperweight.

Most DX11 games now run piss poor due to horrible coding. Just my 2 cents

Fair point, guess it's up to the TS

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    Fair point, guess it's up to the TS
    Certainly is, hopefully we have provided constructive critisim, i hope you will agree, between those 2 cards, the biggest factor that affects your decision should be your motherboard, so that you can later simply get another identical card and sli/Xfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

15+ Year Old Account

considering that my new tower will be totally air cooled, I'm leaning towards a 5770 model that runs cooler than the 260gtx I was looking at

Quote Originally Posted by zhaozhou
    Quad core, no doubt.
    That is only true if you mean the new quad core i5 and i7 with the turbo boost function to overclock a single CPU themselves, which is especially helpful with single core applications like WoW.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TrickieTK
    considering that my new tower will be totally air cooled, I'm leaning towards a 5770 model that runs cooler than the 260gtx I was looking at
    Unless your airflow really sucks this shouldn't be part of your decision imho. If it really does sucks you have a fair point.