Poll: Would you like Square Enix to make Chrono Trigger a mainstream series?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

Would you like Square Enix to make Chrono Trigger a mainstream series?

Subject says it all. I for one, don't consider Chrono Cross a true successor to Trigger. Would you like them to take some attention from the Final Fantasy series to focus on bringing back Chrono Trigger games? That would make Square Enix pretty much the top dog for RPG's (although they pretty much already are).

Chrono Trigger
    Chrono Trigger II
    Chrono Trigger III
    Chrono Trigger IV
    etc, etc..

Personally I would love it.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Re: Would you like Square Enix to make Chrono Trigger a mainstream series?

I voted no, because Chrono Trigger is my all time favorite RPG. A sequel would be cool (Chrono Cross doesn't count), but I can see it getting played out if they kept making sequels. If anything a sequal to tie up the loose ends. Like... WHERE THE HELL IS SCHALA!?

As sad as it is for me to say ... you cannot deny that Chrono Cross is the sequel. We find otu where Schala is. Question is where is the sequel to Chrono Cross

Well CC was made by a different team, and CC does happen to be a horrible plot-hole-infested "i appear to not relate to the previous game then blast you with links at the very end" crap that is the only one bad enough for me to actually consider non-canon. Even ffx-2 isn't as bad.

Just remake Chrono Trigger one, cover what happens to Magus, Schala, and Dalton, close the series, don't ruin it with "compilation of Chrono Trigger" like FF7 was destroyed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

I would love to see a Chrono Trigger sequel as it is my second favorite game of all time (close second to FFIII/IV), but unfortunately I have little faith that it would approach the greatness of the original. Console RPG's just aren;t what they used to be

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I personally would love for it to happen if they had as skilled writers/directors as the original.

I however haven't really seen an RPG tell a great story since FF7. VERY rarely at least.
    The trend of the past 15 years or so seems to be "If we make it flashy enough we don't need a story" which sadly is enough for alot of the new generation of gamer.

Question is, why would you want a sequel instead of a game with new characters/plot?

It's a timeless classic and great game simply becaus there was only one of it.

Ofcourse there was the other game for Playstation, but that was more of a spiritual successor wasn't it?

So no, don't ruin a good game by watering it down into a mediocre game series for the stupid masses.

Chrono Cross was AMAZING and that's coming from someone who loved Chrono Trigger times infinity. You can't deny that it was riddled with allusions to its predecessor unless you weren't looking very hard. The storyline held together really well and had tons of connections between characters. The main ending is the only thing I would have clarified, because it was a little fuzzy.

No because then it would turn to garbage like final fantasy.