Disconnect issues..

So.. my comp's HD fried on me about 2 months ago.. after replacing it and having it fry trying the cheaper solutions with replacement drives(yay warranties), I finally discerned it was the sata controller causing them to go kapoot. I replaced my mother board and ever since I got my computer running again, I have horrible latency, and constantly disconnect while standing in dalaran, doing something random, or raiding. I've updated my Ethernet drivers, router firmware and configured my firewall and router to allow port access to WoW. My laptop works fine with the game, so it's clearly something wrong with the computer/new motherboard. Any suggestions?

I've run connection tests to LA and it's not my ISP I don't think, considering I didn't have this issue on a laptop that was made the same year.

Computer:
    HP pavillion, AMD phenom 9550 quad-core, 2.2
    5 gb ram
    windows 7 64-bit

The mobo I just replaced my original one with is an Asus M4A785-M

Aside from replacing the mobo again, any suggestions?

Re: Disconnect issues..

Make sure you removed all the drivers for your old motherboard, or did you replace it with the same exact one?

Reinstalling/repairing WoW is also worth a shot.

Is this a WoW only issue? Are you just getting disconnected from WoW or is your internet connection getting interrupted as well? Try downloading a huge file and see if it gets interrupted or slowed to a crawl at any point or try playing another online game.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Did you reinstall your OS & everything completely or using the old hard drive (without having formatted?) - You'll have to do a full format after replacing such important parts.

Also you can try to remove the networkcard in the Device Manger --> Reboot --> Reinstall networkcard & drivers.

Very rare, but not impossible is that the networkcard simply doesn't work, in that case replace it (warranty?) or buy a new networkcard for in one of the PCI-slots.

It's odd.. usually I just get booted from wow.. my vent and MSN stay connected and I watch my internet connection icon on the desktop, it doesn't die.

The mobo is a different mobo, but I made sure it matched all the parts I had already.. There were no old drivers, I had to use a fresh drive because the old ones fried. I installed a full version of 7 on a fresh HD. I'll try reinstalling the network card drivers but it didn't seem to help and just made other things sketchy, like MSN video chat. The network card is onboard... so an option would be to buy a PCI card.. but I'd rather get the issue fixed rather than just replace it if at all possible.

I installed wow after I installed windows and most of the drivers.. it's been sketchy since day one. My internet is usually just as sketchy, to be honest. It slows to a crawl often though rarely interupts downloads.. I'm thinking it may just be the bad combo of ISP + faulty hardware. I've had issues with ping on old computers and even my laptop.. usually around 200 in game, but I'd rarely get disconnected, throw a new motherboard into the mix and suddenly I'm getting booted every 5 mins sometimes.

Deleted

One thing you can try is leave WoW on a different server for an hour or so.. See if that works. Oterwise it's just one isolated server, and perhaps we can help you more that way. Try uninstalling & reinstalling network card first though

I uninstalled the driver completely, then re-installed and then did the packet latency fix in one of the stickies.. I played for an hour in VoA25 and didn't get d/c'd once, my latency fluctuated between 100 and 250 though, but that's much better than 250-600. I'll test it further tonight in ICC.. see how it goes then. Hopefully it's fixed, MTing for my guild sucks when you d/c and get everyone killed 2-3 times a night

Deleted

Sounds promising. Let us know

Well, my latency is sitting around 100 all night with random spikes to 600 or over 1k. It will sit there for a good 5-10 mins then drop back to 100. When it spikes, I lag out, people running in spot, all that jazz. Haven't had a full disconnect, but clearly the communication issue isn't solved. Would this be server related? Any ideas?

Just had 2 d/c's within 10 mins of each other at 3 am in voa 25.. wtf, after being on for hours during peak times with none.

First tell us how you connect to the router wireless/cable,router model,firmware and what conection use your ISP.
    Playing WoW is hella good thing

I use a gigabit switch to connect to the router, which goes through a DSL modem. 50 foot cat5 from switch to router, cus the router is on the opposite side of the apartment. Can't be moved. Switch is so I didn't have to feed a 2nd 50 foot line to my PS3.

Router is an Airlink101 AR325W 802.11g. Though I recently updated the firmware to the most recent I could find. Even still though.. I didn't have this issue on my laptop connected via cat5 from the same spot. So I don't think it's an internet or hardware issue outside of the computer. On the other hand.. updated lan drivers seemed to help for a little bit, but 3 disconnects at off-peak hours tells me different.

Currently on Primus for an ISP, toronto local provider.

Deleted

All I can think of is either a broken Networkcard.. Or maybe a full reinstall of Windows, but that's very unlikely to be the cause tbh.

See the connecting speed on your Networkcard 10/100Mbps . Run some ping (ping -t www.mmo-champion.com -l 1500 ) enter WoW and wait to be DC after that post results .
    Playing WoW is hella good thing

I don't understand what you mean.. broken link?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchymcgee
    I don't understand what you mean.. broken link?
    <-- Confused ???

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    <-- Confused ???
    I think it was a reply to something Bonzaii has since rephrased.

What banzai said.. I don't understand what he wants me to do. o_O

I went out and bought a PCI 10/100/1000 card, haven't opened it yet. I'm thinking of getting a new router because I don't think mine supports 1000mb/s anyway

I may just say screw it and deal with it until I move in a month.. I'll be switching providers and using a new router anyway. =\

Deleted

Your router doesn't need to support 1Gbit if your networkcard does You can use it now already