Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Ghadamon's Power Auras Guide

Very nice guide, I am also very fond of PowerAuras.
    I just have one question, how come you have 68 textures? Myself I only have 50 and I have updated it two times the last 3 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by qei
    Very nice guide, I am also very fond of PowerAuras.
    I just have one question, how come you have 68 textures? Myself I only have 50 and I have updated it two times the last 3 weeks.
    No clue m8, I just did a check in that dir and it are indeed 68 files there. Checked them all and none are any extra that I added. I just use default PA so I honestly dont know
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Hey, there! At first thx a lot for the lovely guide. Now to my question: Unfortunately quite a few of my guildies seem to fail a lot on malleable goo in the Professor encounter. Partially the reason for this seems to be that dbm is especially useless when it comes to this cast. What I want now is for power auras to announce him casting malleable goo. If I am not mistaken than the way to go is to choose "spell alert" in the activation by section, and than mark the enemy target and probably as well the focus field, assuming one puts the boss as focus too. The problem with this is that I quickly tested this kind of procedure on a random mob casting a certain spell without getting any aura triggered when that spell was casted... Thus I would like to know where I am going wrong here.

I now managed to trigger auras from enemy spells with a cast time, however I am still unable to get auras triggered from enemy instant casts. Is that a limitation of power auras, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for the help!

Instant cast spells are by my knowledge impossible to track, as programs like PA look at casts from your perspective, and not the boss' (or bosses, dunno which one is correct). Since you can't see instant cast spells, neither can your addons. You can still see the effects (for instance jaraxxus' nether power) but you cannot be alerted by instant casts.
    If I'm wrong about this feel free to correct, if I am I would also like to know how to pull it off:P
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

Thanks for the reply. Deus vox seems to be a better version of dbm when it comes to the particular mechanic I am looking for, so will suggest this addon to my guildies and should be set. On a general note: I lack the knowledge to say whether PA is able to inform about instant casts, but generally other addons like Parrot which screen the combatlog should be able to inform you about instant casts I thought, since those casts enter the combat log like every other cast. Or am I missing something here?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The "spell alert" function in PA looks for the "Casting Started" flag in the combat log. Instant cast spells don't send the "Casting Started" flag.

15+ Year Old Account

Wish I could make a trigger with spell allert on defile but that it also check if I am the target.
    It is not doable, for the first time PA doesn't meet my demands :'( :'( :'(
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Awesome guide man.

I am going to play around with powa aura this saterday proberly so will be spamming that day on here a lot for help :P

Need to get powa aura's working, for three classes and tune my powa aura for my main shaman :P
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Awesome guide man.
    I am going to play around with powa aura this saterday proberly so will be spamming that day on here a lot for help :P
    Need to get powa aura's working, for three classes and tune my powa aura for my main shaman :P
    Sure, got a restoshaman alt myself so yell if you need help

15+ Year Old Account

I use PowerAuras and a spell alert trigger on target/focus target
    This is exactly what I need. I've really only used PowerAura's for buffs and debuffs and when I found out Defile was a targetted spell I didn't think PowerAura's would work. :/
    Don't suppose you could PM me or copy your config for that one?
    Moved to http://www.mmo-champion.com/interface-macros/ghadamon's-power-auras-examples/

im trying to set powerauras to notify me when sacred shield and beacon of light aRe about to fall off same as the lifetap example, but strangly it only works when i cast beacon and sheild on Myself.

Make sure 'Cast by me' is activated, and that the 'raid/party or self' is turned on. Otherwise it will only check you.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know what happened, but I just server transferred and lost all my auras

Can you do an export set for my Bakis? I'd like to have all of yours if you dont mind.

Cheers Bakis and everyone else who has contributed. I've meant to set up PA for ages but due to its complexity i've always been put off. Bit late now, but once i've got some free time (hmm....may be a few weeks till then due to work ) i'll put this into action. Bookmarked for now xD

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Great guide! I was wondering if you could use PA to tell you when soulstone was off cooldown? Since it dropped to 15 minutes I have been frequently forgetting to reapply it to my favourite healer.

Awesome guide.

One question - can PA do priorities? For example, on my warrior, I have a priority system. It would be awesome if I could stack the auras, and only have the highest priority one showing.

Thanks for any help.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark
    Awesome guide.

One question - can PA do priorities? For example, on my warrior, I have a priority system. It would be awesome if I could stack the auras, and only have the highest priority one showing.

Thanks for any help.
    Depends on how you mean, you can make PA show a timer or the icon itself only when a certain ammount of the duration remains. That is sort of what you're asking but not entirely sure if its exactly what you meant.

15+ Year Old Account

<deleted, trigger not working>

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Depends on how you mean, you can make PA show a timer or the icon itself only when a certain ammount of the duration remains. That is sort of what you're asking but not entirely sure if its exactly what you meant.
    Not quite what I meant. Let me give an example. I have both Shield Slam and Revenge show up when they are available. I use the icons. Currently, they are next to each other. So, if both are available, I have both icons showing.

What I'd like to do is put the icons on top of each other so they take up less screen space. If both are avilable, I'd like only Shield Slam to show since it is a higher priority. Once I use Shield Slam, the Shield Slam icon will go away, and the Revenge icon (that was underneath it) will now show as available.

Does that make sense? It would be kind of like Grid's priority system.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried it but it doesn't seem to be working.

(I do intend to enable in raid and in party once it is working but not while testing)

I turned on debug - you can see the results in the screenshot. I tried it with and without a soulstone in my bag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks