Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ghadamon's Power Auras Guide

hmm yea, I got some weird shit with soulwell as well, works randomly atm. Will look into it a bit now, might need a dualmacro. Will let you know later today.

To Warrior: ok its doable, same for you tho will upade later today
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark
    Not quite what I meant. Let me give an example. I have both Shield Slam and Revenge show up when they are available. I use the icons. Currently, they are next to each other. So, if both are available, I have both icons showing.

What I'd like to do is put the icons on top of each other so they take up less screen space. If both are avilable, I'd like only Shield Slam to show since it is a higher priority. Once I use Shield Slam, the Shield Slam icon will go away, and the Revenge icon (that was underneath it) will now show as available.

Does that make sense? It would be kind of like Grid's priority system.
    I don't know if this is possible using PA, but you could set them up from left to right in order of priority and just use the leftmost ability any time you are trying to decide what to do.

--------
    A question I've got that I've been trying to get set up in my PA for quite some time is internal cooldowns on item procs. For example most trinkets for dps that proc will have a 10-15 second duration, but a 45 second internal cooldown. Do you know of a way that you can create some timer to appear when the buff is initially placed that will count down based on the internal cooldown? If I can just set the time myself, I don't know that PA would be able to know the ICD itself; but I have never found any sort of option like this in PA yet.

15+ Year Old Account

What the warrior wants is doable but demand 3 triggers, writing the text now so stay tuned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark
    Not quite what I meant. Let me give an example. I have both Shield Slam and Revenge show up when they are available. I use the icons. Currently, they are next to each other. So, if both are available, I have both icons showing.
    What I'd like to do is put the icons on top of each other so they take up less screen space. If both are avilable, I'd like only Shield Slam to show since it is a higher priority. Once I use Shield Slam, the Shield Slam icon will go away, and the Revenge icon (that was underneath it) will now show as available.
    Does that make sense? It would be kind of like Grid's priority system.
    Moved to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/interface-macros/ghadamon's-power-auras-examples/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zeklaine
    A question I've got that I've been trying to get set up in my PA for quite some time is internal cooldowns on item procs. For example most trinkets for dps that proc will have a 10-15 second duration, but a 45 second internal cooldown. Do you know of a way that you can create some timer to appear when the buff is initially placed that will count down based on the internal cooldown? If I can just set the time myself, I don't know that PA would be able to know the ICD itself; but I have never found any sort of option like this in PA yet.
    Dont know really, it might be. I dont really see the point tbh, ICD only accour on stuff that you cant /use basicly so you got no controll for it hence its not much use to see that kinda info.
    If you really want such a trigger you need to experiment with a timer that is set to
    A: count down the same ammount of time that the ICD has
    B: make the same trigger only show when lets say 5 seconds remain (check spirit wolf, life tap triggers for some info)
    C: reset it if the proc happen before max ICD time

Not sure it is doable but I always get supprised how much that are actually doable in PA with enough complex triggers linked together to produce the wanted end result
    If it is doable it will require 3-4 different triggers.

10+ Year Old Account

Bakis, have you considered making a video to show this.

also how'd this lock set up PA the way he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieGnHENE7JQ

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe no, I dont have one of those geekish voices always in those videos.

J/K na, even tho learning a simple videoprogram like Vegas etc I dont wanne to spend time on it, this guide covers most and whats not covered me and other help out with once people ask for help

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Hehe no, I dont have one of those geekish voices always in those videos.
    I know exactly what you mean. I have thought about the same thing with iLive user interface, but I am really sure my voice isn't appropriate for it

Dont know really, it might be. I dont really see the point tbh, ICD only accour on stuff that you cant /use basicly so you got no controll for it hence its not much use to see that kinda info.
    If you really want such a trigger you need to experiment with a timer that is set to
    A: count down the same ammount of time that the ICD has
    B: make the same trigger only show when lets say 5 seconds remain (check spirit wolf, life tap triggers for some info)
    C: reset it if the proc happen before max ICD time
    My particular spec and gear set up have a number of different ICDs, and I like to know when they will all be able to line back up again, some are 30 sec, some 45 etc. Specifically when I summon my ghoul I want to know that as many of my +str buffs are going to be active.

Another example of this is that the internal game UI displays a CD timer on Death and Decay that is related to the estimated time before you will be able to cast it based on your rune cooldowns. However the spell itself has a 15-30 second cooldown. This means that when the 'ICD' of dnd is less than 10 seconds, it is not even remotely accurately estimated by the UI in terms of when you will be able to cast the spell again, hence the 'ACTION USABLE' type of trigger in and of itself is not sufficient to display the information that I want.

I guess if you could explain how you create a timer that can have its time set to a value that it will count down. The only timers I have seen that I've been able to use are on buff and debuff triggers and action usable triggers, and it seems that all of the time these will only count the duration of the buff/debuff in question, not an arbitrary configurable duration (i.e. the ICD of the item). Can you explain how to create such an independent timer, as I believe this is the thing that I am largely missing in terms of how to set it up.

Just want to say thank you for this guide. When I first downloaded Power Auras a few months ago it seemed so overwhelming that I just decided to use a few other add-ons instead that were mostly already set up for use. Now that I've read your guide and see just how powerful Power Auras can be I think I will give it another shot. My problem is that I don't play WoW much outside of raid times due to real life (married, with 10 month old daughter) so I usually just don't have time to play around with add-ons. Hopefully with this guide I won't have to spend 80% of my time just figuring out what each of the buttons and checkboxes and sliders do

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hoot80
    Just want to say thank you for this guide. When I first downloaded Power Auras a few months ago it seemed so overwhelming that I just decided to use a few other add-ons instead that were mostly already set up for use. Now that I've read your guide and see just how powerful Power Auras can be I think I will give it another shot. My problem is that I don't play WoW much outside of raid times due to real life (married, with 10 month old daughter) so I usually just don't have time to play around with add-ons. Hopefully with this guide I won't have to spend 80% of my time just figuring out what each of the buttons and checkboxes and sliders do
    Yea PA suprises me as well even tho I used it for years, the option to make complex triggers working together to make really complex ones make it a very powerfull tool. Indeed it take time to master but this guide should make all the basic ones easy and fast to at least copy.

Thank you for this, very helpful!

This is doable and here how you do it. I dont have a warrior myself so will tell you via text.
    Bakis - you da man!!! Thank you so much. It works exactly like I hoped.

Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account

;D

Im wondering how can I set it up to show all magic debuffs that can be dispelled by my priest w/o me typing the names of the 240 debuffs in this game?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ddod
    Im wondering how can I set it up to show all magic debuffs that can be dispelled by my priest w/o me typing the names of the 240 debuffs in this game?
    You can't. Start to use Grid addon or such.

I finally got a bit of time to sit and start setting up PA. I read through your whole user guide, then decided to start simple, with the very spell you used as an example: Immolate. No matter what I do this is not working. Suggestions? Or should I just go back to.... *ducks under dusk* ....ForteX?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melificeñt
    I finally got a bit of time to sit and start setting up PA. I read through your whole user guide, then decided to start simple, with the very spell you used as an example: Immolate. No matter what I do this is not working. Suggestions? Or should I just go back to.... *ducks under dusk* ....ForteX?
    tell me a bit more what u are after, just show when its up or a timer when it lets say 3 seconds left etc etc and i will help u