Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Ghadamon's Power Auras Guide

Power Auras - If you dont use it, you gimp yourself

After raiding and ending up doing the 33rd world LK25hc kill I decided its not worth the time.
    Therefore I'am migrating back to my old realm TM to play rated bg's (and maybe arena).
    This mean I wont support this thread personally for a few more months (untill Cata) but hopefully others will during that time as they done up to now as well.
    Cheers everyone

If your question/request require me to make a complete trigger with pictures and exports you will find your answer at http://www.mmo-champion.com/interface-macros/ghadamon's-power-auras-examples/.
    If it is just a general PA qustion that can be answered just via text I will answer in this thread

Why a guide?

Most people in the warlock section would say I'm on a Power Auras (henceforth called PA) addict wich might be somewhat true. It is simply the best addon out there any category. Its most known usage is to keep track of buffs and debuffs in both PvE and PvP. The truth however is that it is much much powerfull than that once you learn it. Due to PA being so versatile it can easily make many of your addons obsolete thus saving not only RAM, CPU but time spent configuration and updating tons of addons. Some examples of what PA offers are:

• Buff tracking
    • Debuff tracking
    • DOT timers
    • Cooldown for items
    • Cooldown for abilities/spells
    • Stances
    • Rage, Runic Power, Combo Points
    • Stealable, Purgeable spells
    • Complex 2+ part triggers
    • Actions usable
    • Powerful layout features
    • .. and much more.

The guide I've made in the warlock forum became appreciated and cover much of this already but I decided to do a complete guide walking you through all the important features and settings step by step. You will notice that I've skipped some but that is cos they are self-explanatory. It will take some time to compile this and I will post examples of different things once I've covered PA settings itself.
    They will be gradually transferred into this thread.
    The original thread being in the warlock forum is simply cos my main is a warlock on Balnazzar EU but PA in itself cover any class or spec.

I would also like moderators not to go crazy about me not using smaller pictures that are clickable to enlarge. It is simply not practical to follow a guide while having to click pictures back and forth whilst trying to not get lost in the describing texts. Thank you.

This guide will consist of 3 posts.

How to Make a Trigger Post [this one]
    • The main window
    • The main edit tab
    • Timer edit tab
    • Stacks edit tab

The Example Post [2]
    This thread will consist of example triggers covering all major features, it will include:
    • Combo Point triggers
    • Druid Maim Trigger
    • Keeping track of a debuff you cast
    • Tracking a Trinket Proc or Selfbuff
    • A Complex Trigger (Warlocks Demonic Circle)
    • Triggers Using the Stacks Feature (Warlocks Molten Core)
    • Usefull Selfbuff Triggers (Armor, Weapon Enchant, Flasks, Food Buff)
    • A Simple Raidencounter Trigger (One of the most usefull PvE features of PA)

The Request Post [3]
    This is where you can seek help about some problem you came across with making your trigger. However before you make a post do the following:
    • Read the first post, the guide itself. Lazy requests will not be answered.
    • Read the examples, just cos it might be an example for another class does not mean it cannot be easily converted for your class.
    • Browse through the other requests to see if your problem been covered before.
    • Use common sense.

PA and its different tabs

The main window

1. Character effects There are two sorts of triggers you can make, character and global. This simply mean that character made ones are bound to a specific character like my warlocks triggers are available to my warlock only and not my mage, shaman or druid. It is here you will make the triggers for different procs that your character might get among other things.

2. Global effects These are triggers that will be active regardless of what character you are playing for the moment. It is here you will add triggers that for example will announce that you are silenced or that your target just activated a spell reflect. This is also where PvE players will add specific boss abilities to make raiding go more smooth. Other usefull triggers made here is if you like to add a trigger to notify you that you are missing being under the effect of a flask or an elixir.

3. Import and Export Making triggers generally go fast, but nicking someone elses already made one is faster. This is where you import or export the raw textcode that PA uses for a trigger. Usually the only thing you need to edit from those are the coordinates of where the notification will pop up and if you like another font, icon etc. I decided not to post the raw code to my triggers to force readers to make them themselves, thus learning themselves PA.

1,2,3.. The picture is taken from my warlock and as you can see I marked the triggers with numbers. When making complex triggers (triggers built of two or more individual triggers) this is important. PA start to count from the upper left corner of your triggers to the lower right corner. I will show an example of a complex trigger with a warlock demonic portal trigger later on.

The Test button can be pressed during editing any of the upcoming tabs in order to simply see how the trigger will look so you dont have to get a mortal strike every time you want to see if the notification for such a trigger is working as you want it to.

The Main Edit Tab

For every setting there are 3 options. The yellow mark = must be true, the X = must NOT be true and a box unmarked = it doesn't matter, both will be true.

When pressing the New button in the main window to create a trigger this is where you will end up. To chose if to be a character or global trigger you simply mark which one you want before pressing New. All these settings are the default ones and I will start by mentioning the important ones.

1. Size This is a dragslider for how large you want the notification generated by the trigger to be.

2. Position X All triggers need to be given values to where they are to be displayed. They all consist of a X and Y value.
    While editing this I suggest you also have the Test button enabled and you will easily see the result while you change the value.

3. Position Y Wonder what this one does..

4. Type of trigger As I mentioned before PA is very versatile and this box is one of the main reasons for it. Best is if you simply check them out yourself but to name a few there are Buff, Debuff, Spellcooldown, Weapon Enchant, Action Usable among other things. If you want to make a trigger that one of your trinkets procced then you would chose it being a Buff. If someone cast a silence on you then its obviously a debuff.

5. ? ? ? This is where you type in the name of the action that will activate the trigger. Will use Ashen Band of Endless Destruction as example, the proc that ring gives is named Frostforged Sage and thus it is what you will type as name of the trigger. You can check many names in one trigger by deviding them with a /. Can be usefull regarding weapon class enchants (DK, Rogue, Warlock, Shaman) and flasks and elixirs among other things.

6. Invert This is a frequently used option. Lets say I raid and always want to have a flask active. Then its no need to make a trigger that is showing that Im using one, its better to make the trigger announce when I dont. This is when you use Invert. It basicly means "To reverse the position, order".

7. In Combat Setting this to true, then the trigger will only activate if your character are in combat. This is helpfull to use on selfbuffs for example. No need for me too see that my warlock is missing Fel Armor if hes in Dalaran doing stuff.

8. In Party Setting this to true, then the trigger will only activate if your character is in a party.

9. Enemy Target This is another frequently used setting. Having it set to true will make the checked character be not you but whatever you have targeted. Very usefull in PvP.

10. Focus Same as above but it check any focustarget you might have.

11. Glow Mouseover for its description. I personally find the layout much more goodlooking if disabled.

12. WoW Textures Enable this if you want to pick one of PA's prefabricated icons for your announce.

13. Custom Textures Most often the setting Use own Texture will pick the proper icon for you but sometimes you need to use this setting to tell PA what icon it should display. You can type in its name but in some cases it wont work somehow and then you type in its SpellID. The SpellID can be found on wowhead. Lets say I want Life Tap to show. Im lvl80 so I got maxrank which is #8. Then att wowhead I found it at http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57946 and its that url that tells me the SpellID, it is the didigts in the end of the URL, 57946. However most often typing in the name will work just fine but in case it just wont work type in its ID.

14. Use own Texture You will almost always use this. What it does is simply to grab the right icon for a trigger. Need to point out one thing about it. When you make a new trigger it wont know the proper icon untill it "happened" once. If you set this up to a trinketproc it will know what texture to use once it procced the first time after you made the trigger. When adding debuffs for encounters tho it is tricky cos you cannot see if it is working untill you do the fight and it happens. What I do is to chose a WoW Texture instead, test to see that it works. Then I enable this feature and after the first time it will stick.

15. Complex Triggers As mentioned before you can do complex triggers. Easily described its when you into a trigger bake in that in order to be true it must also get a true value from another trigger (both triggers must be fullfilled in order for it to show). In this box is where you edit the number of the other trigger as mentioned in the first pircture at 1,2,3.. . I will give a Demonic Circle example later on that use exactly this feature.

16. Cast by me This is a neat little setting. You might not be the only one putting a certain debuff on a target and if you want to be able to keep track when yours is up you need a way to distinguish you debuff from other players. If you enable this it will work towards your debuff only. If you want to know if a certain debuff in general is up and that you necessarily does not need to be the one putting it up you dont enable this. In that case the trigger will be shown as long as the debuff is up no matter who is the "owner" of it.

17. Resting Enabling this add a flag to the trigger than in order for it to be true you must be resting. You can of cos set it to X as well in which case it will only be true if you are NOT resting. I use this one on my well fed trigger shown later on.

18. Raid/party or self As party one but also being in a raid will set the trigger to true.

Timer Edit Tab

1. Show This is the on/off switch to enable a timer feature of your trigger.

2. Position X & Y The same feature as when you set your values for the announce itself. Its important however to match the coordinates to the announce itself since you most likely want the timer to be displayed within the trigger announce icon. Again have Test enabled while doing this to make it go quickly.

3. Size Juggle this in order to get the timerdigits to be displayed in a suitable size.

4. Show Hundredth Sometimes you might want a bit more accurate displayed 05:30s instead of 05 then you enable this.

5. Hide Leading Zeros A pure cosmetic feature. It looks better if it display 5 instead of 05 with the timer.

6. Use transperent textures Most often you want this enabled. PA sadly dont have a pick-color-feature for the timer but just the icons. The timer will be displayed in white color and that may cause a problem if the icon is white itself. In those rare cases when you have problem making out the digits cos of the background you disable this setting.

7. Timer Texture Could be named Timer Font. Another cosmetic feature.

8. Invert Aura When Time Below This is a usefull setting, in many cases you dont need to see the timer all the time the trigger is shown but rather "give me 5 seconds warning when its about to run out". This is when you set this slider to whatever ammount of seconds you like and the timer will only dislpay once the duration is this ammount or less.

Stacks Edit Tab

1. Show This is the on/off switch to enable a stack feature of your trigger.

2. Position X & Y The same feature as when you set your values for the announce itself. Its important however to match the coordinates to the announce itself since you most likely want the timer to be displayed within the trigger announce icon. Again have Test enabled while doing this to make it go quickly.

3. Size Juggle this in order to get the timerdigits to be displayed in a suitable size.

4. Use transperent textures Most often you want this enabled. PA sadly dont have a pick-color-feature for the timer but just the icons. The timer will be displayed in white color and that may cause a problem if the icon is white itself. In those rare cases when you have problem making out the digits cos of the background you disable this setting.

7. Stacks Texture Could be named Timer Font. Another cosmetic feature.

Thats about it
    That is a walk through with the settings. I might have forgotten some stuff but as the ammount of HELP ME! replies arrive I will make sure to clear up nonobvious settings.
    For you who get into trouble that some tabs wont show etc I think that you probably have recently upgraded and there been some heavy changes in PA lately. If that happens you should redo the trigger totally in you new PA version instead of bashing your head against the wall "Why is there no timer tab!".

Now it is time for examples to give you a hint of how badass this addon is as well as making it a bit more easy to learn
    If you encounter problems just make a post and me or some other skilled PA users will help you out.

Ghadamon
    Paparazzi Guild
    Balnazzar EU
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-10-26 at 03:58 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ghadamon's Power Auras Guide

Examples using the above described settings

These will be mostly warlock examples with some exceptions but again, PA is not made with any specific class or spec in mind so you will be able to adept the examples to your needs.

Druid Maim and/or Combopoint-trigger
    Made this one to show a semi-complex trigger where the maimpart in order to be true check if the combo-trigger is true as well.

Upper picture is the result once I reach 5 combopoints on my target.
    Bottom picture is when maim is ready and also 5 combopoints must be up. It wont show if maim is on cooldown or if the target have 0-4 combopoints.
    Obviously you also need to have the energy cost for maim.

As you can see this trigger is activated by chosing the option Combo Points and on the line under I set the number of combo points needed for it to e true.
    I also used the feature Custom Textures in this example and the SpellID for the Combo Point icon is 34071.

This trigger use activation Action Usable in other words if Maim is not on cooldown and target have a minimum of 1 combo point that qualify as usable ingame.
    However I also set additional requirements that need to be true for this trigger to show. As the picture show I set a 2** in the box to the right. This is about what I mentioned
    in the Activation Tab text above as a complex trigger. Apart from the just mentioned maim being offcooldown and +1 combopoints on target this go back to check the Combot Point Trigger iself in the picture above thus adding another requirement. It must be 5 combopoints, it will not show this trigger if its 1-4 combo points, it must be 5.

2** It is this number cos the Combo Point Trigger is my second trigger on the Character Tab. See the Main Window Text in the first post of this guide for details.

Keeping track of a debuff you cast
    Some classes have a limited ammount of debuff and dots (d&d), for example demo lock, shamans, firamage, rogue to name a few. Since the ammount of d&d are few
    many prefer to use a Power Aura trigger instead of using a complete dottimer addon. Will give you a quick trigger of how to do this and I will use the warcock spell Immolate as example.

The result with the timer ticking.

Remember this is a trigger made for my target so In order not to check the trigger towards myself I need to enable Enemy Target.

Same as always, you need to edit the x/y coords here in order for the timer to show inside the debuff icon. If you dont want to always see the
    timer but lets say when its 5 seconds from expiring, then you use the bottom option "Invert Aura..." and set it to what whenever you want the
    timer to start showing.
    Edit: Noticed a slip. It is Hide Leading Zeros that are supposed to be enabled, not Show Two Timers.

Tracking a Trinket Proc or Selfbuff

Cant be arsed to redo an example so will use my life tap example from the original post in the warlock forum for Life Tap. This can easily be adapted to for example a trinket proc or another buff such as your character getting Heroism/Bloodlust.
    This example also include a timer and as with all timers in PA you can chose from:
    • Always show
    • Never show
    • Show when a set ammount of time remains

In this example I want the trigger to show a timer 5 seconds from falling off since I can refresh Life Tap at will.
    If you adapt this to lets say a trinketproc you will in most cases have no need for a timer at all and then you just skip that part of this example.

When 5 seconds remain a timer will appear ticking from 5-0.

Only thing you need to change here to make it into a announce for Heroism/Bloodlust or a trinket proc is the name and some XY coordinates to suit your taste.
    Remember that when it comes to procs or temp buffs/debuffs you need to know the exact name of the proc. You can find this out by looking up the trinket on wowhead and see what the procnamed is called or mouse over the iconbuff under your character portrait when it occours.

Remember you need to set the x/y values for the timer so it ends up inside your lifetap trigger coords which you setin the previous tab "Activation".

A Complex Trigger (Warlocks Demonic Circle)

Spent some time on this cos I've been annoyed at how poorly its displayed if I'm within range or not of my Demonic Circle.
    It basicly just shows it by a different shade of green which make it hard to see, almost impossible to see out of the corner
    of my eye and I want to focus on the fight at hand and still see this easily.
    Guess it's especially useful for PvP players so here is how to do it for Power Aura users.
    This trigger will give you an understanding of how to crosslink two different triggers to produce a more advance single trigger.

This is the result if you are within range.
    If you are out of range or no circle is up nothing will show.

[img width=500]http://i47.tinypic.com/1038jfq.jpg[/img]
    It is added as "Action Usable" and not the common "buff". It is also linked to a secondary trigger that in my list is #10,
    the list start counting from upper left to bottom right.

Since this one effect is a combination of two triggers also set this ones Opacity to minimum and the exact same size
    and location (x/y values) as the one in the next picture.

[img width=500]http://i47.tinypic.com/66m6g7.jpg[/img]
    This trigger is added as a "buff" and linked to the previous trigger which in my list is #9.
    Same here, set the exact same size and location (x/y values) as the trigger in the previous picture.

The walkthrough
    First Picture: The first trigger is a trigger to announce that I can use the ability (teleport). This would be like the default UI and
    there lies the problem. It will always show even when out of range or even when there is no portal up because you can still try to cast
    the spell just that nothing will happen. Only way to know if its actually up and ready to be used is the slight change of green to the icon.

Second picture: This trigger on having the buff Demonic Circle: Summon which tells you that you got a portal up.
    However it wont tell you if you are within range of it or if it is on cooldown.

The combination: This does exactly what we are after. It shows when you got a portal, within range and off cooldown,
    ready to be used.

Triggers Using the Stacks Feature

Molten Core is a nice proc to track with Power Auras as well. Reason is that even if you got stacks left it can re-proc and update to 3 stacks again.
    I got annoyed when I got it, cast my 3 Incinerate, started to cast SB just to notice I had stacks left cos it re-procced while I casted Incinerate.

The following Power Aura trigger will deal with this by showing the stack count. If it re-procs it will update
    to max again with a small animation so you wont miss to see exactly how many stacks you got left.

Result

[img height=500]http://i46.tinypic.com/289hsg6.jpg[/img] [img height=500]http://i47.tinypic.com/10ngbb4.jpg[/img]

Usefull Selfbuff Triggers

Thought I might as well share some triggers I use for my own armor, weapon stone, well fed buff and flask in case they expire during a fight.
    You can of cos link this to any buff not only the ones cast by you but in my guild we dont have buffs missing when pulling so I just stick with these.
    I also made sure that the x/y values of them are set so they wont pop ontop of one another obscuring themselves if two or more happen to pop up.
    Note that the conditions vary for example there is no need to show that I miss well fed when I'm in combat cos I cant sit down and eat anyway.
    Also all of these use the Invert option since these buffs will be present almost all the time its no use to spam your UI with icons showing you that
    you got them. It is much better to make them show once a buff expire.

How they are announced in your UI.

This picture show the settings I fancy, you can play around here and pick whatever you want just have as focus that these triggers
    are meant to draw attention to you.

As you can see you can put many buffs in the same check by simply using a /. This checks for both Fel Armor and Demon Armor.

Add whatever flasks or elixir you want.

Not the X in the "In Combat" box, reason behind it is in the openingtext of this post.

A Simple Raidencounter Trigger

This is probably a nobrainer but people still add too few triggers in Power Auras cos of DeadlyBossMod.
    There are alot of warnings that DBM announce that can get messy when many players are grouped together.
    The best example I can think of is a trigger I made with Power Auras for General Vezax in Ulduar.
    His Mark of the Faceless, the drain life debuff that healed him got announced by DBM, as default however DBM
    also announced if someone near you got it.
    As a result every time some monkey got it everyone around played safe and started to run right away while starting
    to read what DBM actually announced. Back in Ulduar I made this trigger real early cos I wanted to get rid of that
    unneeded dps break.

Nowdays I do this on all debuffs in raidingencounters that I feel a need for. DBM is great but with Power Auras I can
    set up a layout in my own taste, short and informative. It is specially nice when its some kinda of AoE when others are near
    like fires on the floor or whatever.
    Also DBM tend to spam too much text and a single icon popping up is faster to compute for your mind than fixing your eyes on a text, read it and then react.

Anyway, this exmple is from Trial of the Crusader and Lord Jaraxxus. It notified me when I had Mistress' Kiss debuff and had to change
    magic school so my primary one didn't get locked out. The trigger is a nobrainer and you simply add the debuffname,
    position and if you want more info like a sound played or a timer. Dont underestimate the need for aditional and/or better info
    than what DBM etc provide. I like to make triggers in Power Auras myself and disable a ton of crap in DBM just to make sure that
    the info displayed is something I need to know.

This is also how you add triggers for PvP. Just change the debuff to whatever you want for example Silenced.
    You can also mark the "Enemy Target" box to set up buffgains your target gets for example Spell Reflect on a warrior.
    There is no limit to what you can add basicly.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Trigger Examples Based on Your Requests

Each example is begun with the quote of the request post followed by the solution. Click the pictures to enlarge.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaster
    Hi, I've tried to replicate your (Bakis') settings for showing an icon when your weapon is missing a temporary enchant (say, a shaman buff). I've been trying for 20 minutes now, but I simply cannot make an icon appear with the correct textures when my weapons miss Windfury/FT. I'll add a screenshot, maybe someone can help out . The normal icons work, but I would like it to show the original icons.
    [img width=200]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ainc43.jpg[/img]
    The problem for this trigger was that using Weapon Enchant and Use Own Texture only showed the weapon icon so for a enchancement shaman who use two weapon enchants it did not help
    him very much. Problem solved by using the Custom Texture option.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems
    A request from an enh shaman;
    I'd like to get a timer on my wolves, i.e start counting down from 45 to 0 when I pop them. How can I do that?
    Also, is it possible to make it trigger when my Magma Totem runs out? I've tried almost everything I think. :x

Thanks!
    For feral spirit its possible to do this.

When its off cd and you can use it you will see the first picture, when used it will be replaced with that timer which runs from 45-0.

[img width=200]http://i45.tinypic.com/2elxbg4.jpg[/img]
    This is how you set up the Activation tab note tho that I was lazy and didnt want to find a training dummy to get into combat mode
    so I suggest you also mark In Combat with the yellow mark so you dont have this icon up all the time but just when in combat.
    Also note that I used My Spell Cooldown and not Buff etc.

[img width=200]http://i45.tinypic.com/wl6cfq.jpg[/img]
    This is the timer part. Notice the Duration is set to the 45 secs and also the x/y coords are at the same place as the Feral Spirit values you set
    in the activation tab.

Magma work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Druish
    very helpful, informative, need to know information for this addon. I've been using it for a couple of months now and must say that I love it. I play several different characters and this addon has something for all of them.
    real quick question though. I was wondering if you could help me with an aura for my hunter. I would like to make an aura to show when I have Aspect of the Viper on with full mana. Call me a huntard if you will, but there's nothing worse than being halfway through a boss fight and realizing that I still have Viper on, HA. Problem I'm having is how to check to see if I'm >90% mana.

thanks,
    Druish
    [img width=200]http://i45.tinypic.com/11r3k0p.jpg[/img]
    You need to make two triggers. One that check if your mana is above 90% and one that check if you got Viper up. The second one will also link back to the first one in order to be true.
    You only want one trigger showing tho so as you notice I set the mana trigger to minimum opacity and size so it wont be visible.
    The 1 shown on the left picture is the crosslinking between the two triggers. What number your mana trigger got depends on how many triggers you got so far. Read the Guide Post at
    the 1,2,3.. part if you are unsure.

Warrior Triggers
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark
    Not quite what I meant. Let me give an example. I have both Shield Slam and Revenge show up when they are available. I use the icons. Currently, they are next to each other. So, if both are available, I have both icons showing.
    What I'd like to do is put the icons on top of each other so they take up less screen space. If both are avilable, I'd like only Shield Slam to show since it is a higher priority. Once I use Shield Slam, the Shield Slam icon will go away, and the Revenge icon (that was underneath it) will now show as available.
    Does that make sense? It would be kind of like Grid's priority system.
    This is doable and here how you do it. I dont have a warrior myself so will tell you via text.

You need three triggers.
    Shield Slam (x2)
    Revenge

Shield Slam #1 is the normal one making an icon show up when its ready to be used.
    Revenge is also normal but it also checks if Shield Slam is on cd and for that we need Shield Slam #2

Howto
    Shield Slam #1 ----- Type: Spell Cooldown, Name: Shield Slam

Revenge: ----- Type Spell Cooldown: Name: Revenge
    Extra options needed: You need to enter the number for your Shield Slam #2 trigger. Check this picture where to type in that number, its where I have typed in a "10".
    You need to compare this to who your PA numbers them cos you will have other numbers. See the last picture to find out what number your Shield Slam #2 will have.

[img width=200]http://i47.tinypic.com/1038jfq.jpg[/img]

Shield Slam #2 ----- Type: Spell Cooldown, Name: Shield Slam
    Extra options needed: Invert, size & opacity to minimum. You do this cos you dont need this info but its needed for Revenge to only show if Shield Slam is on cd.
    Setting size and opacity to minimum make this trigger "invisibel" for you

Here you see how PA distribute those numbers (the big orange digits I painted) just look at your own PA to see what "number" your Shield Slam #2 has.
    [img width=200]http://i47.tinypic.com/2n71tvd.jpg[/img]
    You wanted Shield Slam #1 and Revenge icons to be shown in the same place so just set them so they got the same X & Y coordinates as well as size.

Warlock Triggers

Unstable Affliction trigger for Arena
    Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Shadow_UnstableAffliction_3; size:nu0.19999998807907; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu278; x:nu-137; customname:st43523; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu2; stacks:nu0; focus:botrue; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; owntex:bofalse; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:nu0; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; id:nu20; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; buffname:stUnstable Affliction; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:stSilenced.; customtex:botrue; stance:nu10; spec2:botrue; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu2; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:nu0; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; sound:nu0; finish:nu1
    It announce when focustarget dispelled it and gets silenced.

Decimation

Decimation proc up, timer announce the remaining time. Will get refreshed if decimation is.

Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Fire_Fireball02; size:nu0.19999998807907; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu462; x:nu-122; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu1; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; spec2:botrue; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; InactiveDueToState:botrue; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; sound:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; id:nu1; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; buffname:stDecimation; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu2; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1; timer.InvertAuraBelow:nu0; timer.dual:bofalse; timer.HideLeadingZeros:botrue; timer.h:nu1.75; timer.ShowOnAuraHide:bofalse; timer.UpdatePing:bofalse; timer.Texture:stDefault; timer.enabled:botrue; timer.Showing:bofalse; timer.lastShownLarge:nu2; timer.y:nu344; timer.x:nu-91; timer.CustomDuration:nu0; timer.Transparent:botrue; timer.a:nu1; timer.HideRequest:botrue; timer.id:nu1; timer.cents:bofalse

Soulstone cd ready trigger
    Great guide! I was wondering if you could use PA to tell you when soulstone was off cooldown? Since it dropped to 15 minutes I have been frequently forgetting to reapply it to my favourite healer.
    God damn soulstone, starting to piss me off, dont get it to work either atm. Will probably figure it out but that will be from just laying in bed or smt trying to figure it out.
    Problem is when items and cooldowns or spellnames are named sort of the same as in this case the spell cooldown you get is called Demonic Soulstone, which also is the exact itemname while the buffname the target gets is Soulstone Ressurection.

* Use Demonic Soulstone name
    * Instead of Spell Cooldown you pick Action Useable
    * You need to have your soulstone (item) mapped in somewhere in your actionbar, preferably in some actionbar that is hidden cos its no point in seeing that.
    * You need to have a soulstone in your bags, make as thumbrule to just create one after one is consumed when you put it on someone

You can ontop of this make a complex macro to show when action is not useable to notify you when you lack a soulstone in your inventory but you are ready to use one. Just check the Demonic Teleport guide for info, I dont need this soulstone trigger myself so cba to make it and take screenshots, then upload them then post here etc.
    Demonic Teleport uses 3 but you only need 2 to make this one.

PS. Not the most pretty solution, must be a more slim one but it works DS.
    Raiding Triggers

Defile Lick King normal
    I use PowerAuras and a spell alert trigger on target/focus target
    This is exactly what I need. I've really only used PowerAura's for buffs and debuffs and when I found out Defile was a targetted spell I didn't think PowerAura's would work. :/
    Don't suppose you could PM me or copy your config for that one?
    [img width=200]http://i47.tinypic.com/mkkisz.jpg[/img]

Necrotic plague Lich King Heroic
    A tank in my guild wanted a trigger to show if the adds at LK heroic had Necrotic Plague so adding it as well.

With icon showing as well. Digits within the icon are the time remaning. Digits above are the stacks.

With icon itself disabled.

Here is the export from my PA (icon disabled in it)
    Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:botrue; icon:stInterface\Icons\Ability_Creature_Disease_02; size:nu0.019999999552965; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-30; x:nu0; customname:st; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu2; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.10000000149012; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; owntex:botrue; isResting:bofalse; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; InactiveDueToState:botrue; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; sound:nu0; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; id:nu140; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; buffname:stNecrotic Plague; inRaid:botrue; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; spec2:botrue; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu2; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1; timer.a:nu1; timer.dual:bofalse; timer.HideRequest:botrue; timer.id:nu140; timer.cents:bofalse; timer.HideLeadingZeros:botrue; timer.enabled:botrue; timer.Showing:bofalse; timer.y:nu-21; timer.h:nu1.6499999761581; timer.ShowOnAuraHide:bofalse; timer.Transparent:bofalse; timer.UpdatePing:bofalse; timer.InvertAuraBelow:nu0; timer.x:nu0; timer.Texture:stDefault; stacks.a:nu1; stacks.Showing:bofalse; stacks.HideLeadingZeros:bofalse; stacks.y:nu16; stacks.h:nu1; stacks.id:nu140; stacks.Transparent:bofalse; stacks.UpdatePing:bofalse; stacks.enabled:botrue; stacks.x:nu0; stacks.Texture:stDefault
    Dont use it myself so the X / Y is smack in the mid, so change it to where you want them.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-23 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added remainder of examples

Added to the list of guides and tutorials.

Very helpful thank you.
    Power Auras is something that during the last few days I only just started having a bit of a play with and with my main, and the only character I have so far bothered to level then I find those examples easier to relate to.
    I particular like the idea of the DBM replacements since that is something I found to be very true, but had not thought of a better approach.
    I can see myself referring back here often, especially if anyone else can post any other ideas, while not just warlock related but other novel uses of the mechanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Very helpful thank you.
    Power Auras is something that during the last few days I only just started having a bit of a play with and with my main, and the only character I have so far bothered to level then I find those examples easier to relate to.
    I particular like the idea of the DBM replacements since that is something I found to be very true, but had not thought of a better approach.
    I can see myself referring back here often, especially if anyone else can post any other ideas, while not just warlock related but other novel uses of the mechanism.
    Feel free to think of something you need. Then try to duplicate the above examples but to suit your class, if you are still shit out of luck just make a request post.

Once you gain a basic understanding of POWA there are some intresting things you can do such as having the picutres change with each stack of a Malestorm stack up if you want it to. You can also have it do a Go / Stop thing where the Picture is Green when you should cast and Red when you should not. On my warlock my spells have a count down feature as well as the Stop / Go for DoTs to tell me when to recast so I don't clip them. You can also have it so buffs like BL will trigger a timer on your screen to show you how long you have of that buff as well ect. The more you play with it the better you will get

Deleted

Thank you very much for this post. I'm in the process of leveling my disc/shadow priest and I've been thinking ways to track my buffs on the tank and debuffs on mobs. With this I think I'll be able to do just that. Keep up the good work, mate.

That's some guide you got there Ghada :O

//Eydes
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial
    That's some guide you got there Ghada :O

//Eydes
    Now I just need to convince Elraf into stop being such a sissy

Awesome guide for an awesome addon.

Thx

It's also worth mentioning for the people who are new with Power Auras that the 'profile' itself will keep a question mark until the spell is used.

As an example for warlocks - if you make a life tap profile the icon for the profile will not be shown until you actually use life tap or get your chosen buff.

Also, it's a shame Power Auras doesn't support ButtonFacade, instead I just made several icons in photoshop such as:

|

If you make your own custom icons same rules apply as kgpanels artwork. They need to be the size powered by two, as well as a .tga file. You also need to relog or possibly reboot WoW for the new artwork to be recognized by Power Auras.

really nice guide ghada, though im still not gonna change to it,atleast not yet anyway

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

very helpful, informative, need to know information for this addon. I've been using it for a couple of months now and must say that I love it. I play several different characters and this addon has something for all of them.

real quick question though. I was wondering if you could help me with an aura for my hunter. I would like to make an aura to show when I have Aspect of the Viper on with full mana. Call me a huntard if you will, but there's nothing worse than being halfway through a boss fight and realizing that I still have Viper on, HA. Problem I'm having is how to check to see if I'm >90% mana.

thanks,
    Druish
    - Rogues do it from behind

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Undertaker, on the need to relog/restart WoW, you'll need to restart WoW if you add the image files while playing.

WoW will only let you use files that existed when WoW was started. You can make changes to an existing file and load the changes via /reloadui, however.

This means if you know the filenames you want to use, you can place "dummy" files in the proper place with the names you're going to use. Then you can start WoW. Then you can make your images and save them over the "dummy" files. Now your images will be accessible with a simple /reloadui.

15+ Year Old Account

Will start to make some more of the pictures clickable and just keep the most informative ones as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Druish
    This one kinda works like the Demonic circle trigger, so I'm not going to post any pictures (PM me if you want to see some).
    As follows:
    The screenie with Action Usable needs to be changed to check Mana, with a treshold of 90 % or higher. It does not need a texture, so set size and opacity to their lowest values.
    The one with the Buff needs to check for Aspect of the Viper on you. In the screenie you see the number 10 right below the name of the watched buff. Change that to whatever number your Aura has that you just made (the one that checks for mana), counting from top-left to bottom-right. It can use it's own texture (Viper's) of one of your own liking.
    If you entered all this correctly, it is supposed to show a big image of Viper when you have 90 % mana or more and have Viper active. When Viper is not active or your mana is below this, it will not show. If you want it to tell you to use Viper when you reach 20 % mana, you invert the Aura that checks mana, and put it to 20 %. Then make another of the Buff-checker, and change the number.
    Hope it helps
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

Great Guide. I have been looking for a Powa Aura for a specific function. If anyone knows how to make this happen please let me know.

Hunter Serpent Sting.
    I would like to be alerted when my target does not have this buff applied (That part easy)
    The more difficult part is to show me a countdown timer so I will know when to refresh it so it never drops.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dcwarcraft
    Great Guide. I have been looking for a Powa Aura for a specific function. If anyone knows how to make this happen please let me know.

Hunter Serpent Sting.
    I would like to be alerted when my target does not have this buff applied (That part easy)
    The more difficult part is to show me a countdown timer so I will know when to refresh it so it never drops.
    Dont be lazy, check the Life Tap example

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dcwarcraft

Hunter Serpent Sting.
    lol, oddly enough i was able to do this with no problem... actually have quite a few already setup across several different alts.

and thanks Thomaster, this helped a great deal.. no more fighting with Viper up
    - Rogues do it from behind