Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The reason you choose your class

Paladin, Shaman, Druid: Hybrid Flexibility + Survivability. I enjoy being able to specialize in a role, but I also like flexibility in switching between roles. I enjoyed having healing spells even if I was not healing in an encounter. What I really liked about these three classes were their many "when crap hits the fan" options that were useful in groups and solo play. In numerous Vanilla dungeons and raids, I used my hybrid classes to pick up the slack of poorly played "pure" classes, which at the time were defined as all the other classes. Vanilla endgame, talents and itemization for hybrids were abysmal. But also, perhaps more importantly, I loved the lore that surrounds the paladin, shaman, and druid classes.

15+ Year Old Account

Was the new shit at TBC for horde.

1. I did not want to play aliance
    2. I wanted to play Paladin
    3. Im not childish enough to automaticly judge palas as gay :P

1+2+3 equals horde pala
    Btw ive had this Pala since TBC release date and never looked back.

Reasons i wont switch, i like Dpsing in plate. It gives me more freedom in 5 mans to help casters in group who aggro stuff. Burst also comes in handy as 6 sec is more than enough time to take down a damaged mob.

Other melee classes like warrior and rouge seems so boring.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I played Alliance for my first year, due to my family members... Lo and Behold they picked the vengeance battle group to be alliance on, and I quickly found out the hard way how badly we get beaten. So..

Troll Resto Shaman - Who doesn't want to be a shaman? Lol

Undead Disc Priest - I got tired of being the only person who couldn't bubble spam. And undead is SO the way to go.
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

Rerolling to a DPS after playing a tank for many years seemed like the obvious choice to make, I chose a rogue because of the intensely high skillcap and because I could still effectively "tank" from the sidelines with stealth and distracts I can babysit my current tanks as I train them in whispers. That coupled with the fact that undead rogues are the most badass looking thing in the game, and I am all about fulfilling a badass persona.

charger mount (vanilla) + crusader aura (TBC) = win

Ive benn playing WoW almost since it came out. And in all honesty i knew NOTHING about the game lore/story/classes.

So i knew i wanted a kinda melee class (not caster-type) so warriors and paladins seemed like the way to go. (both had melee weapons).

What made me go with paladin was that the warrior had a Small weapon and a shield. While the paladin had a Big 2h mace.

Nice criteria hein?

All i know i that i still have that paladin and i luv it. Also lvled a warrior to 80, a few more chars to 40ish/60ish lvl but pala is my favourite.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Chose to make a paladin because my friend had one.

Leveled as prot through BC and tanked for most of BC (Hyjal, TK, SSC.) Then I went ret when 3.0.1 launched because I wanted a bit of a change.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

My first character in vanilla was a night elf hunter called Elvarania, after messing around with a warrior and mage till lvl 20 or so. I was 16 or 17 at the time and my friend and I honestly chose the Alliance to be 'the good guys' (more fodder for steretyping trolls).
    The reason I chose the hunter was because of playing an Amazon in Diablo II, and a life long interest in archery and its history. I raided on my hunter from Onyxia/MC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MJJw-8zrI0) well into TBC, up until RoS in BT.
    At this time I was messing around with a Paladin on the Horde side. I was interested in the Horde side of things and the different locations I hadn't explored in a game that had me hooked. The reason I chose a Paladin was predominatley because of the lore side of things, mixed with an interest in medieval history (the whole knight in shining armour thing) and the whole fighter of the undead thing also appealed to me. This was also at a time when the Horde were first given Paladins. I was bored of DPSing for so long on a hunter and fancied healing people and tanking things, being right in the centre of the brawl, as, imo, it is far more rewarding and harder (if you can say that) to play those roles. After taking up raiding on Kiera from Kael to Sunwell, I swapped her out for my hunter as my main in LK, and have been raiding on her ever since as a holy paladin and tanking in my spare time in heroics. Yeah, they're faceroll, but with some skill you have a truely unstoppable character at your disposal. I've lost count of the time i've solo'd heroic bosses in the LFG system after the whole party has died.
    You asked for it, I answered!

15+ Year Old Account

Because there was no ninja

Rolled a priest cause I wanted to heal. Hit level 10 Specced shadow. Never looked back.

Ret since Vanilla because i wanted a character that had melee and magic attacks and could heal instead of eating =) Changed mainspec about 4 times since.
    Currently i'm leveling a mage and a cat.

Made a Paladin in Burning Crusade, because i wanted an Average-good damage dealer that could hold his own with spells.

Too bad what i got was a less than mediocre damage dealer, and a less then mediocre reception from everyone, whose only future was strictly healing, because all the good DPSing gear came from specific bosses in Black Temple and Sunwell and everything else was horrible.

But then you "lolret haha you guys will always suck" guys all got fucked in 3.0.2. And that was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by crespo007
    charger mount + crusader aura = win back in vanilla
    Crusader Aura was introduced in Burning Crusade...

As for mine:

Started with a Hunter because I'd always prefered ranger types in previous games, got bored, rolled a warrior for Melee dmg, found out i loved tanking, levelled a Paladin when some friends joined WoW and made him my new main as a Holydin, though now i have alts so i can tank/heal/melee-dps/ranged-dps so im sorted regardless lol..

Deleted

So, even before I bought WoW it was clear that I want to play a knight. Yes, I'm a fan of medieval war history, armor and weapons. I'm also a long-term fan of the Warcraft I-III RTS games, in which paladins were my favorite units. Because of the lore I also expressed healthy loathing towards the vile, brutish Horde (one Thrall doesn't change the essence of his people to anything), so playing that faction was strictly out of question.

Race? Dwarves aren't for me, gnomes = wtf??, and nelf males just look retarded, so I just decided to go with humans, the most knightly looking people. At first I was trying to create facial features and hair style similar to my own, but all of the limited options looked more or less like neanderthals. Good thing that beard covers much of it.

With class I was for a moment balancing between a warrior and a paladin. All I had were really just the limited class descriptions. But eventually a crusader wielding Holy power to smite evil took over, and a paladin was born. I also liked the idea of being able to heal myself and defend the weak. Happily unaware of the weaknesses I just steadily leveled him to 70, got him geared (through endless hours spent in battlegrounds, because ret gear from instances and raids simply didn't exist before places like BT), specced ret, never turned back. My dedication was rewarded when paladins were finally fixed:

But then you "lolret haha you guys will always suck" guys all got fucked in 3.0.2. And that was hilarious.
    Hehe, indeed.

For a long time I played only the paladin. Heck, without paladins I probably wouldn't even play the game at all. My second character to hit 80 was a death knight, and now a warrior is following at 76, slowly. My mage has been stuck at mid-60s for almost two years now - clothies aren't my thing, although a classic wizard is a good part of a fantasy game. I know a good deal about other classes, but their philosophies just don't appeal to me.

Started out as a druid on my cousin's account. Came back, and they were big on PvP. I started a warlock on my own account since I had been doing research BEFORE playing and became obsessed with finding the most efficient talent trees for my play style, which turned out to be a PvP tree of affliction main with points in destro for a shadowburn finisher, which I altered to Sl/Sl in BC. Worked well for me. Loving the warlockery still, thought I'm now a primary destro after my initial freakout over the removal of Siphon Life as a stand-alone DOT.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Because it's so overbudget, it can't be situational or mage dps swings enormously. Eclipse is in a similar boat. It's not a bad talent per se (in our minds - druids may disagree), but because the swing is so large, any time you don't benefit from it, your dps drops a ton. (Source)

So they're admitting that the people who actually play the class say how terrible it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanutra
    Paraphrasing....
    How do you handle beast cleave teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Generally I break out the lube and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by crespo007
    charger mount + crusader aura = win back in vanilla
    Crusader aura in vanilla eh?

I can't remember exactly, but here's what I think happened: logically speaking, I think it would have to be because the other classes were taken. There were 5 of us that started playing at Vanilla launch, but my pre-order disappeared in the mail and didn't get to me until about a week after everyone was done. So there we were, a Paladin, a Warrior, a Warlock, a Hunter and... well, what should I choose? I was essentially forced to take a healer (because my thick friend wanted to dps on his Paladin). So I went with the only reasonable, clear-cut healing class: a priest. And I never really looked back

The reason for my Druid was simply that I wanted to try out a class with near-limitless opportunities. The reason for my Shaman was simply that I just thought "I've always thought Shamans were cool, now that I can finally level in the LFG system, why not?". And the reason for my Mage was something that I can't remember :P

Rolling a warrior is part of my religion

Diablo 1 - Warrior

Diablo 2 - Barbarian(pretty much a warrior)

WoW - Warrior

Hello Kitty Island Adventure - Warrior (??)

i like the fact that they use their own strength to defeat their opponents, and not pussy ass magic, who needs brains when you know how to crush other peoples brains?

10+ Year Old Account

Paladin - I just can't help playing the good guy.

I can't really remember the story behind my druid, and my rogue was a bit of a case of "if you can't beat them, join them" ;D