Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: The reason you choose your class

Healing is the way to go. Since I decline everything that has to do with things like church, catholicism or something similar, it was clear that I needed I druid and a shaman
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

wc3 brought me to wow all those years ago, and i figured id roll somethin i enjoyed most from wc3. riflemen rushes, hell ya. every hunter ill ever make will be a dwarf with that orange'ish red long hair/beard, and thats what my main has been since launch.
    Used to be:
    (---melee---)(--frost mages--)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Now:
    (---melee---)(----corpses-----)(---------------ranged---------------)
    Frost Nova me now. I dare you.

in order of appierance

Hunter: easy to solo and get familiair with the game (NE because they look good, have a fun racial (shadowmeld) and a somewhat RPG feel to it)
    Druid: fun to have a class that potentialy can grow into all roles. This is where i found out that tanking is my main interest, without having a character that can do only that....
    Paladin: Again tanking but more AoE tanking and plate-and-shield-wearing, so a different feel to it
    Shaman: again the multitude of roles to preform, and very much a utility in a group/raid.... hence the name... (see signature ;-))

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

made a warrior way back in the day Because i love tanking, wich i am still doing on that same warrior

reason for all my toons

First was human Warlock: no idea why i picked it, started of on trial account just to see what the game was like after watching advert on tv.
    2nd Pally: friend I made in game was pally, thought i'ld try it out. started ret then went holy after meeting a awsome pally healer.
    3rd Warrior: wanted a tank toon, at the time seen all these comments that pallys can't tank and took it serious
    4th Shammy: seemed a cool class and the best leveling experience I have had to date, at end game I love it, put pally on back burner and now my main
    5th Rogue: for fun in PVP, but i'm terrible at pvp
    6th Priest: got bored
    7th DK: just thought i'ld try it out

One thing springs to mind, I made lock my first toon, and that joke, what do rogues and newbs have in common?really made sence

I used to play a Mage, which I did because I used to be the guy who loved magic and big, powerful and awesome-looking spells.

Then, back in TBC sometime, when I went from Alliance to Horde, I rolled a Paladin, because I liked the idea of being a protector of the people and justice, or somesuch. Plus they're the ideal "good guys", although the Paladin playerbase has corrupted that image, sort of.

my druid: friend was druid and told it was cool so im druid as clear as it gets

15+ Year Old Account

Mage: it looked cool, and it was cool, but I no longer play it.
    Warrior: I wanted to try tanking and I've seen only a couple of GOOD warrior tanks and wanted to know why the rest sucked. Now I know.
    Priest: I wanted to try healing. Hmm yes, not much else Actually my current main priest was rolled just for fun, to try smite dps in Kara That never happened, but I learned all 3 raiding specs quite well. Disc and shadow proved to be very fun.

I pre order wow and was playin EQ2 at the time.

First thing I picked was Tauren, never saw cow ppl before. Then I picked shaman because my main in EQ2 was gnome shaman.

Now I play hunter because hunter pvp is so much fun.

With Vanilla it was my cliche human warrior, but getting more adventurous in my time played that soon became a gnome rogue for TBC, enjoying the fact something that tiny could be so deadly.

Eventually I ended up with a dwarf paladin in Wrath, and though I play all three still this is now my main. Having been in mostly small(ish) 10-man focused guilds being a hybrid can often get you a little more playtime and a little more variety. Plus, you know, Dorfs are beyond cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huurka
    My girlfriend is only 13 but I am 24. Will she still get experience with RaF?

"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" was the quote that dictated my selection of paladin as the very first char. Holy warrior of light? Check. Big-ass mace? Check. Bring on the heathens, I will crush their skulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

Started as a Human Warrior on a PvP server as my RL mate was there and he played a Human Warrior. Got it to 16, re-rolled onto a PVE Server as a NElf Druid with 2 workmates who had 70s there. Got to 70 in May 2008. WoTLK came out, rolled about 22 DKs (I kid you not) and it took me until April 1st 2009 to get my Druid to 80 and by that time I was just bored of the class. Re-rolled a Horde DK on a different server shortly after and got him to 80. Faction changed Druid but then found out I hate Tauren. Rolled a BElf Pally, got him to 80 and he's my current main as Ret/Holy.

EDIT: Just to clarify how I had 22 DKs, I got each one to 59 then deleted them. Rolled one of each race for Alliance, both male and female.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    dwarf - wow, big beards and the face looks ugly
    nightelf - look decent, very fantasy like and they are tall and look strong
    so I hit nightelf, fixed my hair, and hit start, or "create", without realizing that I had just made a warrior.

so basically i chose it by accident
    I will fix you
    Dwarf - Very cool, little people with nice beards, nice talk & dance with big muscles
    Night elfs - Very ugly with big ears, very boring and they are tall and look like a stick.Most hated wow race & gnomes..
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

DRUIDZ CUZ I CAN HAZ A BEAR FORM!
    And warrior, because who wouldn't want to dual wield two twohanders?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly? :-X

I picked my Druid because I like nature and anything that has to do with animals. First reason I took a Hunter aswell.

1) Windfury.
    2) Shocks.....6 sec ranged interupt and snare were just too OP
    3) PURGE!! Melting buffs and shields right off people is pretty fun.

I chose Warrior, Because I was a noob and didnt know how to pick a different one..

My boyfriend had high-level characters that were both Paladins and Rogues. I asked him which was cooler. He said, "you'd probably like playing a paladin, you can do more stuff."

So I grabbed a paladin.

I had no idea what the difference was, but boy howdy I'm glad I didn't roll a rogue as my first character, I'd probably like this game a lot less.

And I rolled a Belf because I decided I wanted to play Horde and I looked the most like a Blood Elf.

I now realize how bad this whole post sounds. Belf paladins are kind of everywhere.

also i did roll a paladin in vanilla, this was after my noob phase with my warrior, and knew the basics, i have been ret ever since, my most epic time with my paladin was when we got crusader strike, and literally holy started leaking out of my ass

I started some time after BWL was released and I had 2 friends raiding it. I was told to pick a rogue cause that'd be an easy to class to get familiar with the game. New servers opened and I had only got to about lvl28 when we rerolled. Still a newb to the game, I went Rogue, as did my friend who had a Warrior tank and Warlock in full epics (Back in the day, that was THE SHIT!) already. It was great fun leveling with my friend cause we would just destroy everyone in World PvP - he was very good at understanding and playing the game while I just tagged along. As usual, we couldn't find a guild to raid MC as Rogues were flooding everywhere.

We then re-rerolled to a server where a friend of mine played. Still plays. I still play too. This time I picked a Hunter, cause I couldn't kill those as a Rogue . Raided up to AQ40 Twins on it and quit the game till TBC came.

Rolled on a server that opened with TBC launch, Mage this time cause I couldnt kill those as a Hunter, rofl. Got in one of the best guilds on the server at the time and we already raided Karazhan while others were struggling to get enough members for that. Quit due to getting bored and found a job.

6 months later I bought WoW again and went back to the server I had my hunter on. Picked a Warrior this time, cause a friend of mine played (still plays) a Fury Warrior and he was always around the top in meters etc. and could educate me about them. I had no idea how to play a warrior back then and I was a little afraid of the class cause I'd need to tank at some point. Around Season 2 I started doing Arenas on the Warrior and saw that Resto Druids were OP and I wanted to try a healing class. Leveled it to 80 and did some PvP and a bit of Kara/Gruul pugging. The warrior is still my main, raiding ICC25 as Fury like no tomorrow. Somehow I can't seem to be arsed to level my druid up from 74.

Recently leveled a Priest to 80 cause they seemed very interesting class and I had no idea about how they worked Now I'm thinking about leveling a Shaman but I'm not sure I can be arsed. One thing I know for sure, after my Warrior is 85 and has full heroic gear etc. farmed I'll start a Human Hunter as an alt
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves