Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Season 8 Gear, PvP Healing Changes, CoT Changes

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Android is the future, but the itouch/iphone has sooooooo many apps right now, how will they ever catch up ?
    That's the thing. App devs obviously go for the bigger market, so the gap gets bigger.

15+ Year Old Account

"premium-based" = "We-Want-Your-Moneyzzz".

In short, probably have to pay for it.
    ALTF4.

10+ Year Old Account

wowarmory + auction house = access to your golds account without blizzard authentificator code

I hope they will fix that before.

and you all said " oh no no, they won't give players any IN GAME advantage with a paid service , nope, not ever, just pets and stuff"

::sigh::

Quote Originally Posted by peeriest
    Will make it much easier to script an automated AH addon, WoW might watch your LUA but they can't watch ruby as easily.
    This is one aspect that worries me the most. So long as it doesn't give people any inherent in-game advantage I don't have a problem with them charging a "service fee".

In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder how long it will be before this new service is in turn integrated with the on-line pet store. Once that is done you have your RMT shop all set up. People then can buy their pets (or purples) with cash or in-game gold.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman
    and you all said " oh no no, they won't give players any IN GAME advantage with a paid service , nope, not ever, just pets and stuff"

::sigh::
    I don't understand how this gives anyone an in-game advantage. It gives people more mobility, that's all.

Wintergrapes gear! i wants wintergrapes gear!

Providing a web portal to the AH is a real boneheaded move and may open up the floodgates for major abuse.

This can give some people an in-game advantage if they utilize a bot script to buy and sell 24/7 with minimal action.

In-game addons cannot perform actions, but out-of-game programs would be able to automate their AH activity. This can severely screw up server economies and leave honest, normal players at a disadvantage since they do it the "old and slow" way of dealing with the AH in-game.

Might as well just add gold to the on-line store while they are at it. This AH+armory change would be an indirect cash-for-gold approach, unless Blizzard somehow finds a way to prevent abuse.

Paying for the mobile Auction house doesnt give an in game advantage for a paid service, as you still have to put in just as much effort to get the same return.

Simple.

The big question is if the healing debuff will stack and whether it is additive or multiplicative if it is stacking.
    BAMF.

Finally something cool for my $15 a month premium service.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by Jademalo
    Paying for the mobile Auction house doesnt give an in game advantage for a paid service, as you still have to put in just as much effort to get the same return.

Simple.
    Ingame you have to click on your addon to scan/post every time you want to do it.

But if you get it on the web, it's much easier to make it automatic without you having to do take an active part.

You could for example possibly set up another computer, something old and slow and whatever, to just sit and scan/post every minute while you play your main, sleep, eat etc.

If you think some things, like glyphs, have people undercutting alot on ah, imagine how it would look with someone with a web-based script like that scanning and posting nonstop? All your glyph auctions undercut in less than 60 seconds? Selling things where bots like that were active would be impossible.

That's odd ,sales of Ipods in China has just increased tenfold.

Share your proudest in-game moments with your real-world friends online with the new World of Warcraft Armory application on Facebook. ( http://apps.facebook.com/wow-armory/ )The app lets you create a custom feed of your characters' activity straight from the Armory, share it with the Facebook community, and view your friends' characters — all on Facebook. Once you’ve set up the app and linked it to your account, your Facebook identity will be associated with up to five characters of your choosing, and the app will generate automatic updates for your accomplishments, such as level gains, achievements, boss kills, and so on.
    Oh good, the social engineering hacker's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    just sit and scan/post every minute while you play your main, sleep, eat etc.
    For me atleast it's obvious they'll add a "cooldown" for that feature, say 1/5/10/30/60 mins between AH actions for different items or amount of items or something like this, so that ppl can still use the AH, while still not being able to abuse it. It's also VERY interesting if they'll allow you to use the ingame mailbox, if not then you're only let to buy stuff from AH or only sell the items you have in your bags.

Why is the Lich King loot not in the database yet? The placeholders are still there.
    God; I hate you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Masx
    Nice, all crit and no haste again... think i'll give up druid pvp now, plus the 10% reduction in healing.. that doesn't affect shields ye.. good game
    QQ now you can actually die as a resto druid if there's less than 4 people attacking you?

No new Battlemaster Trinket

Seriously, who are the huge number of players requesting out of game access to the AH?

The only people who are going to benefit this are the price fixing rorters who can now mess with the AH from work and sell their gold for $ once they hit the cap.

I should think there's more important things to worry about than facebook apps and iphone auction house access.

So, coming in future patches :
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

-Premium service : level 80/85 character, start your new character at the height of it's power with a full inventory of epic items. Be a hero in the World of Warcraft with Wow Premium Characters.

-Premium service : <yeah I can't be bothered to actually write a blurb, long story short blizzard takes your money and gives you gold, what were you expecting?>

<etc>
    Tell me with a straight face that you didn't see this shit coming and I'll call you a liar.