Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Season 8 Gear, PvP Healing Changes, CoT Changes

If it involves more money for them they give it priority and make the impossible possible, but if its for a simple feature like a appearance tab people have been asking for, its put on the back burner.

I knew it was coming. People were delusional thinking that services were going to for pets and stuff only. That was only the test run. The next step is taking stuff in game to out of game. And crafting will probably be on the list. The whole thing disgusts me really. Either make this game based on services or monthly fees, but not both. Anyone thinks blizzard is not making enough money is crazy.

I'd like to see a game where they put the game first and profits second, WoW used to be like that back 5 years ago.

And yes having AH while not in game is a huge advantage, you can buy and sell stuff and check prices a lot more often vs someone that just logs on in the evenings, it'll cause change. Undercutting will happen a lot more often too.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    "premium-based" = "We-Want-Your-Moneyzzz".

In short, probably have to pay for it.
    Not quite on the head. Premium means "above and beyond the level of service stated in the original user agreement whereby you (the user) agreed to pay $14.95 a month to play WoW. Which means if you want access to this new service you pay $$$."

The alternative is to give everyone access to the service, but raise the monthly fee from $14.95 a month to pay for it. If it's demanding enough that they would have to jack up subscription costs to give everyone access, I'd rather it be a premium service so my $15 a month stays $15 a month (granted I'll prolly get the premium service for this if it does half of what I hope it does. Being able to whore the AH while I'm at work would be awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    This is one aspect that worries me the most. So long as it doesn't give people any inherent in-game advantage I don't have a problem with them charging a "service fee".

In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder how long it will be before this new service is in turn integrated with the on-line pet store. Once that is done you have your RMT shop all set up. People then can buy their pets (or purples) with cash or in-game gold.
    Heh...you know why I love automated stuff like profit mods?

They do stupid stuff sometimes.

If they make it, I'll figure out some way to turn a profit off of other people's automation. I already make tons of gold selling people their crap back to them.

Are there no new Wintergrasp items?

Like a new Trinket, bracers, ring or legs?

Biggest question: how much honor/emblems of frost/wg emblems

And some screens of the wg loot would be nice.
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Patch 3.3.2 is bringing about a change to the way healing functions in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Wintergrasp. We have applied a debuff to all players in these zones which will decrease the effectiveness of all forms of healing by 10%. This includes heals from items such as Healthstones and potions, however, it will not affect defensive shields or auras. This change is being made to balance the effectiveness of healing against the recent buff we made to the damage reduction component provided by resilience. Rest assured that we will be closely monitoring the effects both the healing and resilience changes have on Battleground, Wintergrasp, and Arena PvP game play to ensure that fights last a reasonable amount of time without overtly skewing the effectiveness of any class, role, or team combination.

The official patch 3.3.2 notes can be found here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...48761862&sid=1
    I think they're going about this all wrong...

it is obvious that healing, to some extend, is over powered in pvp, but a 10% nerf for everyone and everything is not right.

Healing is not over powered for those classes/spec that never had an over powered healing ability.

Enchancement shaman, feral druids, retadin do not even have that potent of heals to begin with. There are times when those players are forced to heal themselves or their partner. Their healing was never over powered to begin with. Nerfing their healing would suck.

What they should have done was nerf the healing for those classes that had it OP.

Resto druids specifically. Disc priests and holy paladins are all the problem of all this. Their survivability is off the chart. Nerf their healing, not everyone else's healing.

There are ways to tweak their healing for pvp and not have it affect pve at all. Nerfing everyone's healing by 10% is not the way to go...

Hey, whaddya know, I can finally irritate people with the Facebook app as much as they annoy me with that blasted Farmville etc.

Happy days.

the sp on the 277 healing weapons is amazing, love the models aswell

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    In-game addons cannot perform actions, but out-of-game programs would be able to automate their AH activity. This can severely screw up server economies and leave honest, normal players at a disadvantage since they do it the "old and slow" way of dealing with the AH in-game.
    This. I cant see any way around that, its just bad idea unless they limit it same way in-game AH (LUA and addons) works. Also the "premium" thing sounds like "we want money from gold sellers" ... not looking forward seeing that implemented really

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    I think they're going about this all wrong...

it is obvious that healing, to some extend, is over powered in pvp, but a 10% nerf for everyone and everything is not right.

Healing is not over powered for those classes/spec that never had an over powered healing ability.

Enchancement shaman, feral druids, retadin do not even have that potent of heals to begin with. There are times when those players are forced to heal themselves or their partner. Their healing was never over powered to begin with. Nerfing their healing would suck.

What they should have done was nerf the healing for those classes that had it OP.

Resto druids specifically. Disc priests and holy paladins are all the problem of all this. Their survivability is off the chart. Nerf their healing, not everyone else's healing.

There are ways to tweak their healing for pvp and not have it affect pve at all. Nerfing everyone's healing by 10% is not the way to go...
    I would understand your stance

But the point of such wide-range healing debuff is simply to counteract the buff to resilience.

It doesn't seem like a tactic called secondary healing (which you pointed out) would be broken immediately because of this.

Interesting, may be enough to make me play more(havent played in nearly 3 weeks) with relentless being able to be bought with honor...side note is that the format for all the tables with s8 gear is all messed up and each tab is declined by some in Google Chrome web-browser

Having access to AH directly through web portal, at work, is a HUGE advantage for anyone playing the AH game.

Now,do I have to PAY for Blizz's premium service to be competitive in the AH game? On top of the monthly fee? Its not optional anymore. How come are you expected to win against your competitors who have access to AH 24/7??????

Quote Originally Posted by Oniwaka
    Premium based? Are we gonna have to pay an additional fee for accessing the AH through the Armory? I really don't like the sound of that...
    Yep, that's what "premium" means - pay up extra dollars.

Of course its going to be interesting to see how you buy and sell - where do the items go and come from? Do you have to designate a real banker character - will they be put and fetched from your bank?

The gold farmers are going to love that.

I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jademalo
    Paying for the mobile Auction house doesnt give an in game advantage for a paid service, as you still have to put in just as much effort to get the same return.

Simple.
    Not simple. External programmers can now make programs abusing this.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

If I understand right, is the fear of being able to AH from the web that people will keep undercutting?

And then, doesn't that require re-listing? Taking auctions down, then putting them back up cheaper?

And then - won't that only work if you have access to your mailbox - in other words, by being logged in? So doing this from the web won't work?

Quote Originally Posted by StruckingFuggle
    If I understand right, is the fear of being able to AH from the web that people will keep undercutting?

And then, doesn't that require re-listing? Taking auctions down, then putting them back up cheaper?

And then - won't that only work if you have access to your mailbox - in other words, by being logged in? So doing this from the web won't work?
    Take alchemy. In the days leading up to the weekly reset they buy out every frost lotus and flask on the ah (as well as advertising ingame to buy frost lotus cod and then not honoring it). Then on reset day they load the ah with overpriced flasks while continuing to buy out any undercutters. I can see this being a great help for them.

The whole point of trying to control the market for any given item isn't to take down your listings and undercut, but to buy out anybody undercutting your higher prices. The key to this is vigilance and making sure you get all the undercuts so that people are forced to buy your higher priced goods. Now with the ability to do this whenever and wherever you are the window of opportunity for other buyers has just been slammed shut.

I can see nothing good about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update - Lich King loot is available on the DB! (Heroic 284 / Normal 271)
    I think this deserves its own news post TBH.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

The doomsayers in this thread are amusing.

Only weapons are being dropped by LK?