Thread: PvP Hit Rating

PvP Hit Rating

I can't remember for the life of me what the soft cap is for DW special attacks.

I have heard either 4,5,8%

Anyone mind giving me the correct answer ?

Re: PvP Hit Rating

5% versus a target of the same level, not counting any -hit racials, talents etc for melee, ranged and special attacks. And that includes Frost DW with ToT.
    Spellhit is, what, 14% I think.

And that's hitcap, not "softcap" unless you talk about softcap as in capping mainhand and specials but not poisons and offhand attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

Ya I am talking about capping specials. Just switching from resto to enh(Shammy). So need to make sure I have all this correct. so 5%, some classes have -2% hit. So I would want 7%. I am a draenei, so I would want 6%?

Is my thinking correct?

Yes, but Enh Sha uses a lot of spells as well so I think you would like to cap that too.

Most racials are -2% hit on spells, and not on special attacks. But I think mages have somehting like 5% on everything (not sure at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

15+ Year Old Account

Talking about hit rating in PvP, anyone noticed how hard Blizzard makes it to actually reach that cap with PvP gear...? I haven't seen a single item with Hit on it except the cloak yet (For Feral Druids, haven't checked other ones but I guess it's the same), not to mention that cloak just sucks with only stam/hit/AP on it, as always. You can probably get this trough a Trinket or something but that will just gimp your DPS big time mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Talking about hit rating in PvP, anyone noticed how hard Blizzard makes it to actually reach that cap with PvP gear...? I haven't seen a single item with Hit on it except the cloak yet (For Feral Druids, haven't checked other ones but I guess it's the same), not to mention that cloak just sucks with only stam/hit/AP on it, as always. You can probably get this trough a Trinket or something but that will just gimp your DPS big time mostly.
    The easy was to hit cap in my opinion doesn't have to be a trinket. Personally if your going to hit cap i would use pve jewelry. Yes you lose some survivability but the burst you gain and the near guarantee you hit your target is well worth it.

A few things to know also is this.

*if talented right you cannot hit cap yourself vs frost mages, or at least not reasonably considering it would take 5-10% hit to do so.
    *Night Elfs a have -2% to hit racial so if your attacks are physical you will need 7% hit to be capped vs them.

One final note is that I m pretty sure that I have read somewhere that the the hit cap towards other players is capped at 6% you cannot completely nullify Racial abilities and Talents themselves. Unless someone can back me up on this I would probably consider it speculation but I'm relatively sure its true.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Carni
    The easy was to hit cap in my opinion doesn't have to be a trinket. Personally if your going to hit cap i would use pve jewelry. Yes you lose some survivability but the burst you gain and the near guarantee you hit your target is well worth it.
    Well, that's exactly the thing I don't get. The resillience change is obviously a change because they want less/no PvE gear in PvP. Now, they add the new S8 items but not enough to get some decent hit, which will make people use PvE gear. :

pve offset items all the way. they'll be 277 anyway. I'm probably gonna play with full 277 offset gear and resil trinket.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Well, that's exactly the thing I don't get. The resillience change is obviously a change because they want less/no PvE gear in PvP. Now, they add the new S8 items but not enough to get some decent hit, which will make people use PvE gear. :
    I see your point now sorry. I personally cant stand when classes like warriors and paladins gets to walk into arena in full pve gear. Yes they are easy to focus but lets face it getting hit by a 8k judgement or a 7k mortal strike with 800+ resi is kinda ridiculous. Personally i think they should add a 5 set bonus that either hit caps your or makes it relatively easy for you to hit cap, however this seems a little unlikely.

full pve warrior is a perfect train target. he'll be sitting in defstance with shield in no time. Same goes for ret.

Deleted

are you blind or sumthin'? there's lots of offgear with hit on it. heck, there's almost so much hit on it that you can even reach the pve hitcap Oo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa
    are you blind or sumthin'? there's lots of offgear with hit on it. heck, there's almost so much hit on it that you can even reach the pve hitcap Oo
    Are you blind or something? I said there's no hit (except for the cloak, and after rechecking there's hit on the Neck aswell) on the new S8 Feral Druid items. I don't know if this is any different to other classes' gear but I guess not. Also, the neck/cloack is as shitty as it can get, just pure stam with some hit/AP but it seems that I will HAVE TO take them in order to reach the hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by havix
    Ya I am talking about capping specials. Just switching from resto to enh(Shammy). So need to make sure I have all this correct. so 5%, some classes have -2% hit. So I would want 7%. I am a draenei, so I would want 6%?

Is my thinking correct?
    Hit cap is 5% for melee, and it can be capped via talents. But you will see HUGE amount of misses with spells this way, so get it over 10% or learn to live with it.

P.S. in full pvp-hit-gear (but w/o legs) ijn last season I has over 400 hit rtg, and still saw countless amount of misses ;(

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Deleted

Are you blind or something? I said there's no hit (except for the cloak, and after rechecking there's hit on the Neck aswell) on the new S8 Feral Druid items. I don't know if this is any different to other classes' gear but I guess not. Also, the neck/cloack is as shitty as it can get, just pure stam with some hit/AP but it seems that I will HAVE TO take them in order to reach the hit cap.
    None of the Seasons sets has hit on it. If you want hit, go grab your offset pieces and your're fine. how unexperienced with pvp gear are you actually?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa
    None of the Seasons sets has hit on it. If you want hit, go grab your offset pieces and your're fine. how unexperienced with pvp gear are you actually?
    You might want to buy some glasses. I don't even care about explaining this shit again, l2read.

you all have no clue, spell pvp hit cap against normal players (nonracial/spec miss) is 4%
    you can't get to 400 hit rating with pvp gear, unless you gem for it. and if you did, you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    pve offset items all the way. they'll be 277 anyway. I'm probably gonna play with full 277 offset gear and resil trinket.
    thats cool now that resilience benefits doubled. at least now resilience should be on top of the choice-list!