Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ensidia EU-first 10-man Lich King kill

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Anyone remember how long it took for the 1st Illidan kill in TBC?
    One day from the Council kill

Deleted

Took Nihilum about 10 hours of constant raiding if I remember correctly. And remember, the 25 man isn't dead yet, thats what you should compare it to.

The real race is This week and Next week 25 man. This week its the test to see who kills Arthas before next week. If they don't kill it before next week then the race is pointless for them (Because they won't be able to do Heroic 25 Arthas next week).

So this week we find out whos in the race (Who downs A25)
    Next week is the race we are looking forward to :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01
    You horribly fail at reading comprehension. Re-read what you have quoted then return to your post to reconsider it again. How can you come to a conclusion that any raid kill would be based on your guild's raid day is completely mind-boggling?

Patch day, on which is content in question released, in the server zone should be used to determine world-first kills-aka time from release to time of kill.
    So, under your logic, we can go back to saying, "Well, they were able to watch videos of the first couple phases and knew what to expect ahead of time"?

He was killed on 4th or 5th day the week BT was released. Don't remember the day/date exactly.

Edit: Also the fun in WoW raiding died the day world 1st became an important thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted

For the few posters above,

Council was killed on the 4th of June.
    Illidan was killed on the 5th of June.

So no Dangg, not a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    He was killed on 4th or 5th day the week BT was released. Don't remember the day/date exactly.
    TBH the REAL achievement regarding illidan was when STARS killed him after tbc had only been released for 2 weeks in their country, with mainly lvl 60 gear. They pretty much did mother sharaz with very small amounts of resistance and very low hp, I think before she had been nerfed.

And council will have been solid with the lower dps from mainly lvl 60 gear and low HP. The fire res gear they used for illidan was also mainly lvl 60 gear. That was truely epic.

I love how serious everyone is making this. Here is an idea how about you only give a damn if you are in one of the two guilds that are in question. If your not having realize that jsut because you play EU or US doesnt give you credit for what other people do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by emesto
    TBH the REAL achievement regarding illidan was when STARS killed him after tbc had only been released for 2 weeks in their country, with mainly lvl 60 gear. They pretty much did mother sharaz with very small amounts of resistance and very low hp, I think before she had been nerfed.

And council will have been solid with the lower dps from mainly lvl 60 gear and low HP. The fire res gear they used for illidan was also mainly lvl 60 gear. That was truely epic.
    You are forgetting that EU and US couldn't do that because BT wasn't released when BC came out. Because BT was already out, they started BC with BT open, which the others didn't.

I am sure the US and EU wouldn't have been far behind if they did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by emesto

Lol, didn't know that. Guess tbc wasn't as hard as people claim it was :P (I raided till KT in tbc and stopped after that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

If I remember correctly, Illidan was down the first week, only by Nihilum.

Then, after the Lockout, Nihilum killed him AGAIN (technically world 2d) before another guild.

And yeah, gratz to everyone, gl on arthas 25 and let's the race to Arthas hc begins !

Is it really something to argue about, who got the world first on a normal 10 man boss? It's almost like you proclaim the best marathon runner after the first 100 meters. If a boss gets killed on the same day he is available then the world first isn't such a big deal in my book. I'm more looking forward to the hard modes world firsts, atleast they take a couple of days!

And yeah, I'll probably wont be close to completing Arthas in 10 man normal untill he's been nerfed a couple of times.

I'm really not impressed by either Blood Legion or Ensidia. Yes, the fight is difficult, but it's being made ten times easier by their 25-man gear.

Grats on getting the fight right, but it's still a bit thin to give credit to 25-man guilds for defeating a 10-man boss before anyone else

World first is pretty irrelevent if content is being downed by multiple guilds in the first lockout/first day. raiding schedule server stability and such shouldnt be the factors that determine firsts.

And the fact that people in these raids probably didnt even need any of the lich king loot for offspec due to outgearing it so badly that does not exactly make it bleeding edge.

If a 10 man strict guild using no higher than 251 ilvl beats it this week ill give a big gratz or if he is down in 25.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    I'm really not impressed by either Blood Legion or Ensidia. Yes, the fight is difficult, but it's being made ten times easier by their 25-man gear.

Grats on getting the fight right, but it's still a bit thin to give credit to 25-man guilds for defeating a 10-man boss before anyone else
    +1

we dont know if thats real of if they just wore t3 for the looks.

you cant compare it to us/eu. Both had so many bugged or overtuned encounters to deal with from gruul 1.0 to Tidewalker and many many more. Vashj veil story, Kael Thas being bugged on purpose to not be killed (so blizzard had time to do mh/bt).

also nihilum managed to kill sharaz in not much resist gear and befor the major nerf (where you dont get a buff for dmg from the "opposite" side, fire/frost for example).

so STARS pulled a great job but have these things in mind.

I'm not really for posting some normal mode and/or 10man but Lich King is something different.

Blood Legion killed it first, thats the World First. If it was about time after reset no one would care that Us is always one day in front. And doestn matter if an encounter gets buffed or nerfed after it, the one who kills it first, gets WF, its that simple.
    Ensidia killed it "faster" but thats just sidenote and I'm pretty sure they dont care, as they will focus on 25man and hardmode. But why not kill it in 10man to get the strategy and some loot.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane

That's cool and all, but I have yet to see a strictly 10 man guild. Most people that claim to be such have 25 man achievements...

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte
    Clearly material to make an account for.
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns
    I didn't have the luxury of being awake when the US guilds were raiding, what with me being incredibly tardy for work as it is atm >.<

Also, Ensidia tend to block out chat and what not so you can't gleam any strats from what they have done. they believe that everyone shuold learn an enounter themselves, because it isn't really as fun if you follow someone elses instructions, but have to figure it out for yourself
    ensidia is doing their job, which is to kill stuff faster than the next guy. they will do whatever it takes to accomplish this. in the past they have exploited bugs, reported them, then others could NOT exploit that same bug.

it's all business to them and others like them, that's fine, but everything they do isn't on the up and up. they know the right people at blizz and history proves it.

Did anyone noticed the size of Tirion in ICC?? I mean... he is huge...... :

Quote Originally Posted by Psarantwnhs
    Did anyone noticed the size of Tirion in ICC?? I mean... he is huge...... :
    That's what she said.