dps for icc raids =(

I tried the full apr spec with gems and so on and wondering why cant i out dps a pally he does 10k dps when i am at 8k dps to me that is a big difference and same with a warrior who does 9k-11k dps is something i am doing wrong. Here is a wat i do in a raid, i prepot with potion of speed and use magic pot when my tier 10 2 set procs and use rapid fire same time i move alot though and rotation is serpent sting, chimer, aimed, and 4x or 3x steady shot matters if i have to move i may only get 3 steady shots. Any advice for icc fights for a hunter or anything will be much appreciated. , i notice if i stand still i do more dps but alot of icc fights are moving around, the fights i am talking about are festergut and rotface and the professor in plaguequarters and dealthwhisper. I been using femaledwarf.com also but want some straight hunter advice for experience hunters.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Bl%C3%AFnx
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enar&cn=Zebora
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Beefybetty

Re: dps for icc raids =(

You should rotate AiS and Chim around. Since you're almost hard capped, aimed should deal more damage and having it eat your ISS procs should boost dps slightly. Do you use Arcane shot when forced to move and you have a free gcd? Do you refresh serpent sting during T10 proc to roll that bonus damage for the rest of the fight (if possible)? Limiting movement is necessary to having higher dps, but also being smart about the abilities you can use during moving will minimize dps loss. Are you casting abilities as soon as they're off cooldown? It could be a multitude of issues, but generally it stems from lack of "always trying to be casting something".

btw, deathwhisper dps barely even matters anymore

To counteract the negative effects of movement I have gotten in the habit of hitting my arcane shot button anytime I move, even if its a short move. and for longer distances I shoot aimed/cs if they are off cooldown.

one minor thing I do differently is potions... I prepot with wild magic and save speed for during the fight, but this is marginal

About the useage of ISS procs mentioned; I find shooting chimera shot first to be more mana efficent, and higher damage when used with the t10 2pc (rolling the sting to get 15% + ISS)

#1 its Highly unlikely you have gear necessary to even go full ArP.
    (Judged by only 10k reference)

Your ArP is most likely only giving you a net gain of 1 - 20 dps Max, and thats assuming/hoping its a gain, not a loss. Keep in mind that ArP is only truely relevant for single target constant dps. Volleying/Pet damage/etc (Based around Attack power) will be lower.

Also on a general note, don't make comparisons to other classes as its almost always irrelevant to any point/argument you try to support.

General Checklist:
    -Make sure your glyphs are correct
    -Make sure your spec is correct
    -Never move unless necessary
    -Make sure your stats are correct (Hit rating namely.)

It might be the Bloody Mary's I had for breakfast, but I believe you need two points in Focused Aim if you're sittin at 203 Hit Rating. So some of your shots are flying right past the boss

Some use timers for auto learn to stutter stepping instead of waiting until you "have" to move. Example Putrid when moving between the ooze spawns. We could just run there using up our cd's or you could move incremental steps giving auto shots time to go off while stutter stepping.

Be causious of stacking haste buffs, be it pots Rapid Fire or Heroism ideally you want them spread out because if we go over steady cast that is wasted haste. As mentioned above re-applying your sting can be HUGE in increasing dps.

2 weeks ago I was tweaking my glyphs and gems, replaced my Chimera with Steady moved 2 gems and gained +120 dps. While this seems trivial all the little moves and tweaks add up.

Assuming before you came here you have evaluated the other Hunter's spec and gear. You should follow him during a few raids review the logs and see if you can find the difference is it more shots or shots hitting harder. If he is getting more shots then its your play style, if its shots hitting harder it could be gear and play style (re-applying stings etc...).

Most of the time I have researched other Hunters in our guild it was spec and glyph tweaks and poor situational awareness. Yogg never hitting a cloud because you thinking ahead of the clouds not reacting to them.

Without logs and looking at your Hunter its hard to give real advise

GL and Happy Hunting
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy69
    It might be the Bloody Mary's I had for breakfast, but I believe you need two points in Focused Aim if you're sittin at 203 Hit Rating. So some of your shots are flying right past the boss
    He has 6% from hit rating. He's a draenei. He needs 1 point in focused aim for hit cap.

2 fights that do favor heavy on the melee, and you complain they out dps you.

But ok, first off, you don't have to move a step more then melee @ rotface if you position right.
    Just stand in minimum range, you wont be hit by the green slime and just use FD if you come close to 110% threat.

Then only walk if you have to dodge slime spray, have to deliver the ooze @ ooze tank or when the big ooze goes bang.

Festergut is more tricky, melee basically don't have to move @ all and just have to do 4/5min perfect rotation spam.
    I usually do the disengage jump there to get swiftly back to my spot, and just start dps when i land making sure i don't land in range of the /barf from others.

But those are melee fights, i would be more worried if they beat me @ PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori
    Do you refresh serpent sting during T10 proc to roll that bonus damage for the rest of the fight (if possible)?
    This doesn't happen to my knowledge. Everytime you chimera shot your serpent sting is re-applied. So wasting a GCD to apply serpent sting when you already have one on the boss, even if your 2pc t10 just proced, is going to be a dps waste.

And also as regards to the whole post, ranged dps does less damage than melee dps as a whole in most ICC fights, such as festergut or DBS. On fights like rotface, prof and deathwhisperer you should be beating out equally geared melee dps, just because there is so much target switching or moving mechanics.

I think your problem is your moving too much. keep your movement to a minimum. On deathwhisperer, there is a sweet spot where you can just stand the whole fight and just turn from dpsing the adds to burning the boss, and hoestly if you dont get a D&D or a ghost coming at you, you could theoretically not move the entire fight.

On putricide (depending on your guilds strat), position your self in the middle of the room during phase 1&2 so you can dps the boss for all if not most of the time, while still being near to max range from the orange and green slime spots (but still close enough to nuke when they first spawn.) During phase three time your rotation so when you stop moving, you have six seconds to crank out some steady shots and move during your aimed and chimera shots, while throwing in an arcane if necessary.

I haven't read the hunter forums in a few weeks but is using a magic pot when your 2pc procs the best? it seems just another speed pot would be the best option.

Hope this gives you a few ideas on how to increase your dps, but remember its not going to go up by 1000 overnight because of what anyone tells you on this forum (unless your missing all your glyphs or not using aimed shot or something). Paladins, rogues and mostly all melee is going to rape your face on certain fights, and as a range dps there's nothing you can really do about it but just grin and bare it, and hope you get some drops

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    He has 6% from hit rating. He's a draenei. He needs 1 point in focused aim for hit cap.
    Ahh that's right, haven't played Ally in years

Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake
    This doesn't happen to my knowledge. Everytime you chimera shot your serpent sting is re-applied. So wasting a GCD to apply serpent sting when you already have one on the boss, even if your 2pc t10 just proced, is going to be a dps waste.

Wrong. Pretty sure it's only ap it does that with, damage modifiers need to be manually re-applied such as 2 pc proc, tricks, after you're bitten on bql unless they've hotfixed something somewhere and I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake
    It does. It has been tested and proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Budokai
    Wrong.
    To expand on that a bit: yes, testing has shown that Chim Shot will preserve whatever %damage or crit modifying buffs you had present when the shot was fired. This is similar to mechanics in place for warlocks and shadow priests. This means that things like 2pT10, Culling, and the agi/crit procs from DMC:G, DC, and DBW are even more useful and it is advisable to re-apply serpent sting while under the effects of as many as the rng provides at once.