Page 1 of 2
LastLast

kinetic bombs

why cant we have macro to target kinetic bombs ???

Re: kinetic bombs

Find it once, send your pet after it, problem solved.

i know but it would be much better with macro send pet slack ;D

Or you can ask someone, who has not much to do anyway(like the non-active add tank maybe) to target em, and call out a hunter/dk/lock name, and pet-assist macro is ready. So he will kinda assign em, and the dps loss is minimal. And you dont have to think much about it either.)

Or you could just stop being lazy and click the orbs yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinnifl
    Or you could just stop being lazy and click the orbs yourself :P
    Yeah, srsly its not that hard and losing DPS here doesn't matter that much, no enrage timer or anything.

/shrug I cover the entire stairs/alter area on my mage using a mouseover icelance macro. Should still work fine.

I range tank and still manage to get shots off on the kinetic orbs if im running past one. Clicking on the white orb in the air isn't that hard

10+ Year Old Account

When we do it, we usually have 3 hunters; one hunter is assigned as a spotter and his job is to mark and call out orbs as they come down. Each hunter is assigned a mark and they just send the pet after it. Sure, the marker loses some dps because he's busy making sure we're not getting bombed, but it's very efficient raid-wise.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

I'm assuming Chelate means in 25's. In 10's these are easily done even without a pet!! Just let one person focus on the orbs (Hunters rule this). I solo keeping them up while depending on my fellow DPS to burn the princes down. We all do 7k plus so it's very effective. We also have a lock tanking Kelseth. Easy fight! Just pop haste CD's or a pot to get them quickly high enough to where you can swap to another without worrying about retargeting it, since it will not hit the ground.

Sincerely,
    Vorlagen
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ll&cn=Vorlagen

Idk why you would want to use a macro for this, soloing the orbs in 25 is the most fun I've had in a raid since well... ever.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaria
    Idk why you would want to use a macro for this, soloing the orbs in 25 is the most fun I've had in a raid since well... ever.
    i agree completely, its one of the few fights where my personal dps doesnt matter a bit. I'm the spotter so i normally spend the entire fight panning and looking for orbs, popping orbs until someone gets a pet on it, and very occasioanlly shooting a boss if ones close to me with HP.

its a nice change to be mission critical for something other than max dps on target.

what would make my life far more easier on that fight is if dbm just yelled at me when they spawned

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    what would make my life far more easier on that fight is if dbm just yelled at me when they spawned
    This would actually make me sad, and I would actually try and disable that DBM warning if it was added. <.> I enjoy being the kinetic orb catcher in my 25, I spend almost 100% of my time running around and popping them into the air, just so everybody else can focus on the bosses. It's a ton of fun, and I would be sad if DBM trivialized it.

by far my most fav part of fight in 25 me (boomkin) and 2 hunters have like 1/3 of the room and yell at eachother if we are not gettin an orb on our side i love runnin around not carin about dps in a raid
    Tycat was here

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    This would actually make me sad, and I would actually try and disable that DBM warning if it was added. <.> I enjoy being the kinetic orb catcher in my 25, I spend almost 100% of my time running around and popping them into the air, just so everybody else can focus on the bosses. It's a ton of fun, and I would be sad if DBM trivialized it.
    meh I'm running around trying to manage both dpsing the boss and the orbs. I should probably just run around shooting orbs and I would have way more fun with it /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    You realize they spawn when he (one of the prince) says "My cup runith over"?

You need more then that?

Here is the macro to target the kinetic bombs

/targetexact kinetic bomb

For 25man we usuall had 3 hunters (me inc) and maybe a warlock sending the pets on the bombs but this time we had 1 hunter who just kept running around for bombs and maybe DPSes the boss(es) a bit, went pretty smooth, better than sending pets IMO.

My guild typically has 2 hunters running around shooting orbs and a mage on standby if we fuck up and can't get to one o.o then we just make sure our pets are on the attackable boss and the rest of the raid dpses them down. It's not like you desperately need 2 peoples dps to down them -_- Plus, I think its pretty fun to not have to give a shit about my dps and just go orb hunting, makes it more fun that you can't macro target or track them imo.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin