Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Ensidia just got banned

I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers much more than quelling angry cries of the fucking noobs in this game ever would.
    I don't think it would hurt the subscription numbers at all. Some of the fanboys would quit for a few weeks, but that's it.

Also; The rage of a guilty nerd.

Blizzard is the one ruining all the world first race, by releasing exploitable content... i don't care about the name of the guild who has used the last exploit, I just blame Blizzard for not testing content as they should.

C'mon, this time it wasn't even "clever use", just normal playing what lead to the exploit...

The best guilds in the world are CLEARLY still TESTING the fight when it goes live, a different bug for EVERY encounter for how many instances now? Come on Blizzard learn something here

Posting in epic thread.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by Murdamo
    I don't think it would hurt the subscription numbers at all. Some of the fanboys would quit for a few weeks, but that's it.
    Watch the traffic of MMO champ spike like the superbowl commercial half time when world firsts are being pursued and you'll understand just how much of the community is interested in these guilds. Half the top 100 guilds are household names for even the most average WoW player. These people shape the game

Quote Originally Posted by Gizen
    I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, their kill was bugged, so part of me says they should have to do it again. On the other hand, this isn't like Exodus's Yogg+0. They didn't go out of their way to evade bug mobs, all they did was go about their normal rotation, and it just so happened that a min-maxing rogue's rotation fucked up the encounter. What're they supposed to do? "Sorry rogues, but you'll just have to purposely do less dps because your profession bonus breaks the game."

The ban was definitely too much I think. What they should've done was stripped them of their items/achievement, but also refunded them their bugged attempts so they could do it the normal way instead of banning them.

EDIT: However, that blog post by Muqq comes off to me as nothing more than very long, very whiny and immature QQ.
    It's called butthurt pride. Though I agree with you almost wholly. But would like to add that it's great to see a guild so high and mighty get taken down a notch.

Now, time to sit back and watch this thread derail.

lol owned

A saronite bomb is a pretty innocuous thing. Especially considering that their Rogue uses it in his regular rotation all the way through ICC.

OK …………..maybe they were noticing a Bug… platform rebuilding.

HOW were they supposed to make the connection to the saronite Bomb?

Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gizen
    I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, their kill was bugged, so part of me says they should have to do it again. On the other hand, this isn't like Exodus's Yogg+0. They didn't go out of their way to evade bug mobs, all they did was go about their normal rotation, and it just so happened that a min-maxing rogue's rotation fucked up the encounter. What're they supposed to do? "Sorry rogues, but you'll just have to purposely do less dps because your profession bonus breaks the game."

The ban was definitely too much I think. What they should've done was stripped them of their items/achievement, but also refunded them their bugged attempts so they could do it the normal way instead of banning them.

EDIT: However, that blog post by Muqq comes off to me as nothing more than very long, very whiny and immature QQ.
    I agree with you completely. They should have escalated this to a higher authority and set their lockout back before the lich king death, removing their items and achievements and giving them their remaining attempts back. This is rediculous to ban one of the world's top guilds for USING THEIR NORMAL ROTATIONS.

Wayyyy too far blizzard.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Coca
    I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers...
    back at vanilla, a top US horde guild got perma banned for exploiting

All i can say is:

@ Muqq

RAGE UP MOAR NERD.

(I will probably cop a ban for the above listing)

Bu seriously, you pay to play the game on Blizzards terms, if you dont like it then dont play, guess now will be a better time than ever to get you off your addiction.

Not really a fan of Ensidia, as they often seem like a candidate for South Park's "Smug" episode, however I don't think the ban was justified either. Blizzard has the data at their fingertips to have known what people such as Ensidia and other top guilds have been doing for squeezing out every last bit of DPS, to have not tested and found the saronite bomb issue on their own is a complete failing on the part of their QA Team.

Bad enough that they use the PTR as free QA by the players on a regular basis, but to not have thoroughly gone over the final boss encounter of the expansion of one of the most awaited villians in WarCraft lore with a fine tooth comb to make sure it not only is a challenge but bug-free? There should be pink slips waiting for the QA Team, not bans for the people inadvertently brought it to light.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

They deserved the ban, even if it was them just using their normal playstyle throwing bombs and stuffs.
    Thing is they must have noticed that the bombs where doing something that blizzard obviously didn't want them to do. Saying "Well blizzard didn't find it so we can use it how much we want" is just stupid.
    Claiming a world first kill by using bugged game mechanics and then complaining about the game being to easy....hmmmm...
    And If it's true that they said "It would 100% go down anyway" why didn't they just stop their players from doing it then? I doubt that they killed him on the first try and thus didn't have a chance to change their tactics.

lol lost all respect and any amount of sadness i felt for him went out the window when he threw a tantrum at the end full of curse words and poor language. I understand how he feels about the current state of wow which is partially true but i dont understand why he invested so much time in a game he dislikes? i hate kids who cry about how shitty wow is now but i purpose the question why not quit and save your money? Let go of the past glory of wow and deal with the new evolved wow which is now aiming at a broader audience. Just look at the success of the wii because they targeted casuals

The community now officially reached the stage where it'll start to destroy the game. And Blizzard found it necessary to ban them, simply to feed the trolls.

Not to mention, Lich King dead in 10 attempts, platform or no platform, is seriously far away from the 263 attemps it took SK Gaming to kill Kil'jaeden.

Raiding in this game reached the level of pathetic, and acts like this will eventually affect all competitive raiding guilds. This is the final step towards a complete breakdown of the raiding scene.

still a world first

[quote=smeegoan ]
    http://ensidia.com/muqq/blog/4078/

oh its there.

and honestly I agree that the game is a flaming pile of shit now, also, blizz is in part at fault.

but meh, they played the same shit with exodus, ensida earnt this one.

but he's right... wow now = shit.
    [/quote
    the thing is exodus deserved their ban cuz of obviously exploiting the lichking encounter by leaving 2 people in brainroom and buggin the spawns in p3 making it just a nukefest. Ensidia might have exploited an encounter but unknowingly, i mean who would come up with the idea of using saronite bombs (wich are used by many players in their rotation) to exploit an encounter. If bliz want to ban they should ban the players using the sarnite bombs and not just penalise the players that happen to be around.

i find it pretty funny he actually censored two of the words. and i thought the people in ensidia were classy :I

Deleted

Website cannot be found, hmm.

Using the grenades is one. Releasing another boss with bugs on it is a whole different story.

If one is to blame, it is blizzard and yet another fail of their QA department.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol