Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia just got banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    still a world first
    If Blizzard have removed the achievement and other bonuses of having the kill, followed by banning them. It is not a world first.

Blizzard have basically said:

You have not killed the boss, a bug has.

Try again next week.

--

Whilst the ban is a bit heavy, given the unlocking nature of hard modes I do agree the removal of the kill is fair.

They should simply have reset the lich king in the raid id and given them the tries back.

Deleted

Haha nice, epicly pwned!

WTS popcorn om nom

Quote Originally Posted by Saikred
    TLR for everyone

WAAAAAAH. I finally got banned for exploiting and I lost my title that means nothing in real life.

WAAAAAAH
    True.

They deserved a ban, they almost certainly knew it was an exploit and some people are incredibly desperate to get world first kills.

Tbh, people saying "lolol they deserved a ban" are assuming that everyone was fully aware of what was causing the platform to rebuild, and some are just being the measured opposite of an Ensidia fanboy - the anti-Ensidia fans.

If you were raid leader and you were just seeing the platform rebuilding without being 100% sure why, what do you do? Shout "stop DPS, we've got a bug we're exploiting" and wipe the raid just to end up doing it again next time? If I was a Blizzard admin, I would look for proof of exploiting - if the raid had never used grenades til this encounter, then clearly they were attempting to deliberately exploit it. If the grenades were part of their normal rotation, then a simple warning and notification of removal of items/achievements/whatnot would have sufficed, not a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx
    On one end, Blizz should've tested grenades in there (Guess that shows how much they care about engineering, really : ), but on the other hand, if over 10 attempts you see the platform you're fighting on reconstruct itself, doesn't that seem odd to the razor-sharp senses of the world's top raiders? :-\

Saying "We should get away with it because we exploited a bug Blizz didn't catch" doesn't wash, they killed Arthas in a way that trivialized several aspects of the fight, Exodus got a ban for that, so why shouldn't Ensidia? ???
    So you would stop when your facing LK and can be europes first?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    still a world first
    "
    Character Name Involved: Muqq
    Type of violation: Exploitation – Abuse of in-game mechanics or glitches with intent to exploit or cheat in World of Warcraft.
    Details: Use of Saronite Bombs to bypass The Lich King fight mechanics Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, all items and achievements gained removed"

Their achievements were removed. so no, its not a world first. Also note the bolded part, Blizzard obviously had chat logs or something so they knew ensidia was abusing the bug. Well deserved imo. World first kills shouldnt go to bug abusers

Quote Originally Posted by Gizen
    I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, their kill was bugged, so part of me says they should have to do it again. On the other hand, this isn't like Exodus's Yogg+0. They didn't go out of their way to evade bug mobs, all they did was go about their normal rotation, and it just so happened that a min-maxing rogue's rotation fucked up the encounter. What're they supposed to do? "Sorry rogues, but you'll just have to purposely do less dps because your profession bonus breaks the game."

The ban was definitely too much I think. What they should've done was stripped them of their items/achievement, but also refunded them their bugged attempts so they could do it the normal way instead of banning them.

EDIT: However, that blog post by Muqq comes off to me as nothing more than very long, very whiny and immature QQ.
    Have to agree with you. They should be made to do it again and the fact they blanked out their guild chat etc on their ss suggests they knew it was bugged after they did it, BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

Exodus got banned for their little stunt on Yogg, so maybe it's only fair Ensidia got banned?

Step 1: Blizzard fucks up and bugs the encounter
    Step 2: An item that EVERY engineer will spam on first kill causes this bug
    Step 3: Nobody can figure it out of several hours
    Step 4: Bug is found, Blizzard bans guild for "exploit", even though it took everyone hours to figure out what the hell was going on.

Tell me again, who's to blame here? Jesus, Blizzard can be such retards at times...

Exodus got banned for their little stunt on Yogg, so maybe it's only fair Ensidia got banned?
    Exodus got banned for evade-bugging. That's something else than using a bloody normal item and causing a bug that BLIZZ failed to predict.

10+ Year Old Account

leveling The engineering for the bombs really does kinda piss me off its different if you weren't sure what was causing it but lvling it just for that purpose isnt right
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

just like the Hodir exploit, the Eredar twins exploit, Mimiron, Vashj, C'thun and who knows what more.
    I think it's a good thing they finally didn't get away with knowingly exploiting.

Thing is, they always figure out someway to "expliot" of some form or some way in first kills.... Look at Vashj, they knew about it yet did it. Hodir hard and flower power,they killed it then reported it. Now this, they had to have of noticed it and still did it anyways. They never report it till after they get the kill... so its about time something happened to them and they don't walk away with the innocent look on their face.

Edit: If you look at their 10man kill and they photoshopped/cropped some of the pic, kinda makes you expect they where doing something funny, right? I mean why would you do that unless you where TRYING to hide something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakydei
    "
    Type of violation: Exploitation – Abuse of in-game mechanics or glitches with intent to exploit or cheat in World of Warcraft.
    Details: Use of Saronite Bombs to bypass The Lich King fight mechanics Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, all items and achievements gained removed"

Their achievements were removed. so no, its not a world first. Also note the bolded part, Blizzard obviously had chat logs or something so they knew ensidia was abusing the bug. Well deserved imo. World first kills shouldnt go to bug abusers
    Because ensidia coordinates over ingame chat. Definitly.

The use of foul language towards the end of his blog is unnecessary but very human. What should they have done? Remove the rewards maybe, but the ban? It's not that the game cries EXPLOIT if the platforms rebuild, it is strange but hey, only one abom at putri25 seemed strange to in the beginning.
    Of course it is not clever use of game mechanics. But the ban was not necessary. I understand muqqs decision. It's not that he quit because he got banned and achievements removed (which is a proper reason). It's not as if he is the only one complaining about the game. It has changed and some don't find it good anymore. People quit.

-- and people feast on VIP drama. That is the pathetic part.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Blizzard banned them to save face, yet again i might add!

Not having their own QA is huge error.

I would be shocked if this ban wasn't rescinded, anyone with half a brain knows this ban is wrong, regardless of how much a fanboy or how much u hate Ensidia.

Blizzard, FIX your bugged encounters!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rakydei
    "

^this

Ofc they knew what they were doing

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by det
    The use of foul language towards the end of his blog is just pathetic.....
    yeah totally ruined the post

/Tha

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    Watch the traffic of MMO champ spike like the superbowl commercial half time when world firsts are being pursued and you'll understand just how much of the community is interested in these guilds. Half the top 100 guilds are household names for even the most average WoW player. These people shape the game
    It wouldn't make a difference at all if one top guild was banned. If the top team of sport X all died for no good reason, there'd be mourning, but the sport would go on.

If they are so good, why don't they down him without using Saronite bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The community now officially reached the stage where it'll start to destroy the game. And Blizzard found it necessary to ban them, simply to feed the trolls.

Not to mention, Lich King dead in 10 attempts, platform or no platform, is seriously far away from the 263 attemps it took SK Gaming to kill Kil'jaeden.

Raiding in this game reached the level of pathetic, and acts like this will eventually affect all competitive raiding guilds. This is the final step towards a complete breakdown of the raiding scene.
    We all know it was not just "10" tries.

Guilds have there 1st raid team, 2nd raid team, alt raid team, 5 or more 10 man raid teams.

Anyone who believes that Ensidia didn't go through at least 50 attempts or more are deluded.

And yes, the ban was deserved, if only as a punishment for the continued use of exploits.

the problem is they knew the enconuter already from 10 man where the bug didnt occure as they said themselves.

I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers much more than quelling angry cries of the fucking noobs in this game ever would.
    ROFL who gives a crap about top guilds? I don't :P