Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Endre
    Still on Ensidia's side ... It was Blizzard's mistake to release it if it wasn't tested ... fixed and so on. When I do my Job I do it like it should be done ... if not, I get yelled at or worse ... And it's not even as close responsibility-wise as this one.
    And the world is a happier place for it. I can tell you've never worked in Software Design/Development. There are very few pieces of software in this world that are proven to be bug free. I can assure you that most software running on space shuttles and the likes isn't bug free, and you expect a game to be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Blizzard, but do please get a clue before you talk about software development as if it's too simple compared to your job

We, People who play WoW, pay Blizzard ... And at top of that they can ban people cause they used something, Blizzard was not able to repair ... cmon!!! They should apologize for not making it perfect!!! We pay, we are the customers here ... I just don't get it.
    Blizzard did repair it. It's also, generally, easier to repair bugs when you get feedback from your customers. Kugen admitted he didn't give any such feedback.

Sure, they could've been using glitches ... I don't care. I'm not much of a First Kill Freak or anything... It was the developer who made them possible ... If you don't want Glitches - Test it properly or get new employees.

I Love Blizzard <3 but this is afterall business where you must respect your customers. So First check on your own territory then pick it on customers (But even that is not acceptable and a major company like Blizz should be aware of that.)
    If your customers break the rules you established, you are within your rights (given the EULA and ToS) to terminate the contractual relationship. I.e. permban.

This put them in their place. Its good that Blizzard establishes some authority and to the true winner go the spoils. GRATS PARAGON!
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

15+ Year Old Account

I Love Blizzard <3 but this is afterall business where you must respect your customers. So First check on your own territory then pick it on customers (But even that is not acceptable and a major company like Blizz should be aware of that.)
    I think it's due to the respect they have for their customers that the ban was issued to begin with. If anyone else got caught using these mechanics they'd have had a 72 hour ban too.

They were being fair.

interesting thought: if paragon got the worlds first kill using saronite bombs before the bug was hotfixed would they have got a 72hr ban and the achievement removed?

Gratz to both Paragon and Ensidia you BOTH got the world first in my opinion
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gcbirzan
    And the world is a happier place for it. I can tell you've never worked in Software Design/Development. There are very few pieces of software in this world that are proven to be bug free. I can assure you that most software running on space shuttles and the likes isn't bug free, and you expect a game to be?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Blizzard, but do please get a clue before you talk about software development as if it's too simple compared to your job
    Blizzard did repair it. It's also, generally, easier to repair bugs when you get feedback from your customers. Kugen admitted he didn't give any such feedback.
    If your customers break the rules you established, you are within your rights (given the EULA and ToS) to terminate the contractual relationship. I.e. permban.
    I know what you mean mate and I know I can't imagine can harsh it can be in software development.

I'm was just trying to say that they should be blamed a bit aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by blupp
    yeah ensidia and all its members are forced by law to proof their innocent to the mighty mmo champ forum trolls.
    says the guy with 34 posts, troll about how great they are...

They are a top 5 guild
    Top 5 guilds record their kills
    This is a "world first" (its not a world first, they didnt even down the lich king, they dont have the achieve after all)
    They wont show the video
    There is a ~7 minute gap in their combat logs

Wheres the video that they DID record. Where is the missing ~7 minutes of their combat log? Releasing a jigsaw puzzle of a combat log and not releasing their vid. makes them look guilty regardless of the actuality.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Deleted

I know what you mean mate and I know I can't imagine can harsh it can be in software development.

I'm was just trying to say that they should be blamed a bit aswell.
    They should, yes. But Blizzard never claimed to make perfect encounters/software, whereas Ensidia's players did agree not to exploit such bugs.

Blizzard doesn't test their stuff, then this happens.

FU Blizzard; how about you lay off your testers and hire new ones
    Agreed, they should have to redo the fight but not get the ban for a mistake blizz failed to catch while testing.

If they are indeed a top 5 guild and have said themselves that they have come across glitches in the past, then they knew something was wrong. It was an exploit and they knew, yet continued trying without reporting it. That warrants a suspension. Not hard to figure out Ensidia.

Justice is served.

If Ensidia has not done anything wrong they should produce the unedited fraps ( to show everyone what blizzard did was wrong).
    Their surely cant be anything gained by keeping the video secret anymore.....

.... except Ensidias integrity.

Deleted

They should, yes. But Blizzard never claimed to make perfect encounters/software, whereas Ensidia's players did agree not to exploit such bugs.
    True and Agree with you. Also removed my post just so I won't be another troll on the forums complaining about stuff I don't know much about.

Hopefully next time they reach a new encounter, and see something happening that isn't intentional, they will wipe it and wait for a hotfix(or figure out a way to make sure it doesn't bug), not abuse the bug and kill the boss.

why would he need to ensue a ticket when there are actual gms watching over the fight ? it's true he should have anyway but that only adds to both blizzard's and ensidia's failure on this.
    you won't make anyone believe gms watching over this fight were clueless enough to believe parts of the room reappearing where they sould not is a normal thing.
    you won't make anyone believe ensidia were the only ones to notice the bug.
    blizzard knew there was something fishy about this peculiar area of the room, yet they reacted after it was exploited.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

They are a top 5 guild
    Top 5 guilds record their kills
    This is a "world first" (its not a world first, they didnt even down the lich king, they dont have the achieve after all)
    They wont show the video
    There is a ~7 minute gap in their combat logs

Wheres the video that they DID record. Where is the missing ~7 minutes of their combat log? Releasing a jigsaw puzzle of a combat log and not releasing their vid. makes them look guilty regardless of the actuality.
    Good point, but they still shouldn't be banned. The final boss of ICC should take weeks to kill for the best guilds. I am sure they will still down it, and yet one of the most powerful bosses in WoW lore is reduced to an easy boss and a dissapointment. The video was also a dissapointment, where is Sylvannas? *side note*

Banned because Blizz doesnt know anything about their own game, or test anything.... Nice, are they honestly saying that they didnt know anything about the saronite bomb thing considering its all over the hardcore sites dedicated to their game. Nobody whos job it is to keep track of this stuff and keep the game updated and balanced thought it might be a problem?

Take away the achievement, make them do it over... fine, but to ban them because you dont know how to test your own game is a joke.

Why do you still care about this drama? Paragon now is the new king and Ensidia is just a past tense.

Where was all this talk when that one guild killed yogg 0 lights world first?

THey got what was coming to them

So did ensidia

Now stop trying to act like ensidia is god and you worship them
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Quote Originally Posted by wageaoe
    Why do you still care about this drama? Paragon now is the new king and Ensidia is just a past tense.
    King of normal mode YAY!

Just sayin, not a lover on Ensidia or whatever, being a "fan" of a group of people who are good at a video game is kinda silly imo, but, yes, they may have realised that there was a bug, but what they didnt know was what was causing this. If you were in a top guild fighting for world first, would you stop because of a bug? Highly doubt it. Yes, they killed a bugged encounter, its not like this hasnt happened in the past with other guilds *cough* Yogg +0 (No ban) *cough*.

Anyways, yes it was not a legitimate kill, but it was also not a legitimate ban, because Blizzard is dumb enough to release a bugged encounter, which tends to happen A LOT.

Man dude I remember this one time I exploited Yogg 0w and got banned for 3 days. We definitely knew what we were doing when we did that. I don't know if Ensidia really didn't know what they were doing was making the platform regrow, but it seems like it would be hard to not realize something like that. You'd definitely notice the siege damage dealt to the platform when you threw the grenades. That would have been like me saying "Oh I didn't know I was evading all those mobs up in Yogg's room, I was just sitting down here and Life Tapping for 3 minutes cause I really needed some mana." To be fair though I can see it from the other side as well, it wouldn't make sense to not throw the grenades since you use them on a regular basis as engineering. I still wouldn't claim I didn't know the boss was getting bugged out though.

Quote Originally Posted by RRamco
    A 3-day ban seems a bit harsh for an unknown bug they discovered by accident (at least, that's what they're claiming)...
    Pretty much this. What a load of shit. I'd like to add that this is probably all because Blizz is butthurt either because they look like idiots for not finding the bug in the first place, or because their penultimate boss was defeated in a day.