Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

This is so funny. Why are so many anti Ensida fans sucking Ensidias cock? Arguing that "Ensidia powerleveled engineering to 450 for the arthas encounter", "They knew about the bug and used it" and many more fanboy statements.

Let's start the brain bashing; during a timespan of less then three hours (according to armory and when it was first posted to when Lich king's death was in the feed) several raiding members managed to learn over 270 engineering blueprints out of 283 existing engineering patterns. (Realistically this would require you to go to Sunwell, be really lucky with drops, visit more then 20 different vendors spread all over the world etc. You would in no way manage to do all of that in just one day, if you calculate a bit with probability functions you will realize that this statement holds through even for a 99.99 confidence interval). There were four in that raid that had engineering and that three out of four would have over 270 enginnering patterns learned for the sake of Arthas is just beyond stupid.

The second statement that Ensidia managed to find a bug, exploit it during four tries on Arthas when racing for a world first.. that implies that they can think cold logically observing every event from a 150 MB parse file (directly according to you) while trying their best to kill a boss on top raid level WHICH both the Developers Team and the Quality Assurance team failed to notice and they spent months working with the Arthas encounter for not speaking of making up a 25 man tactic at the same time. So you are saying that they are more intelligent by far and can notice what a legion of blizzard employees can't do in months in just an hour? I hope that the ensidia cum tastes nice in your mouth fagots.

I'm very sure that those basement dwelling retards didn't have a clue what was going on and just tried to push it to get a world first. Later on they edited the parses (did that rogue suddenly forget to use bombs for seven minutes? etc) that they sent out as well as not providing a movie for rather obvious reasons.

Did they deserve the ban?
    Looking at what's going on in the past and how many bosses that has been bugged without Blizzard taking action. First the Exodus ban which people would have gotten away with in the past, but sure from some EULA perspective it would make sense and if Ensidia used saronite bombs intentionally it would make sense too. I would even say that if they didn't use sarionite bombs intentionally so would banning them make sense. Not from the retards sense of justice sake, but for political reasons. Thousands of posts from angry players angry that it was defeated illegitimately who would I as a company owner rather blame? A few (25) players and give them so called "justice" and gain the approval of many more paying customers or taking the blame and being accused of favoritism and so on. Blizzard is a company that since their new CEO has been very focused on profit. Blizzard before activision would still not allow pve to pvp transfers because they cared about making the game as fun as possible (which is retarded from a interest point of view when you can make more profit).

Do I think they deserved a ban?
    - No I think they should have gotten permanently banned. But that's the emotional part of me and has little to do with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepuncher
    This is so funny. Why are so many anti Ensida fans sucking Ensidias cock? Arguing that "Ensidia powerleveled engineering to 450 for the arthas encounter", "They knew about the bug and used it" and many more fanboy statements.

Let's start the brain bashing; during a timespan of less then three hours (according to armory and when it was first posted to when Lich king's death was in the feed) several raiding members managed to learn over 270 engineering blueprints out of 283 existing engineering patterns. (Realistically this would require you to go to Sunwell, be really lucky with drops, visit more then 20 different vendors spread all over the world etc. You would in no way manage to do all of that in just one day, if you calculate a bit with probability functions you will realize that this statement holds through even for a 99.99 confidence interval). There were four in that raid that had engineering and that three out of four would have over 270 enginnering patterns learned for the sake of Arthas is just beyond stupid.

The second statement that Ensidia managed to find a bug, exploit it during four tries on Arthas when racing for a world first.. that implies that they can think cold logically observing every event from a 150 MB parse file (directly according to you) while trying their best to kill a boss on top raid level WHICH both the Developers Team and the Quality Assurance team failed to notice and they spent months working with the Arthas encounter for not speaking of making up a 25 man tactic at the same time. So you are saying that they are more intelligent by far and can notice what a legion of blizzard employees can't do in months in just an hour? I hope that the ensidia cum tastes nice in your mouth fagots.

I'm very sure that those basement dwelling retards didn't have a clue what was going on and just tried to push it to get a world first. Later on they edited the parses (did that rogue suddenly forget to use bombs for seven minutes? etc) that they sent out as well as not providing a movie for rather obvious reasons.

Did they deserve the ban?
    Looking at what's going on in the past and how many bosses that has been bugged without Blizzard taking action. First the Exodus ban which people would have gotten away with in the past, but sure from some EULA perspective it would make sense and if Ensidia used saronite bombs intentionally it would make sense too. I would even say that if they didn't use sarionite bombs intentionally so would banning them make sense. Not from the retards sense of justice sake, but for political reasons. Thousands of posts from angry players angry that it was defeated illegitimately who would I as a company owner rather blame? A few (25) players and give them so called "justice" and gain the approval of many more paying customers or taking the blame and being accused of favoritism and so on. Blizzard is a company that since their new CEO has been very focused on profit. Blizzard before activision would still not allow pve to pvp transfers because they cared about making the game as fun as possible (which is retarded from a interest point of view when you can make more profit).

Do I think they deserved a ban?
    - No I think they should have gotten permanently banned. But that's the emotional part of me and has little to do with logic.

good post, too bad its wasted on this tl;dr no logic using trolls

but good post nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex
    Pretty much this. What a load of shit. I'd like to add that this is probably all because Blizz is butthurt either because they look like idiots for not finding the bug in the first place, or because their penultimate boss was defeated in a day.
    Just an fyi... penultimate actually means second to last. Not last.

I have no opinion on the Ensidia stuff. I wasn't there so I don't know what they were thinking, I wasn't at blizz hq looking at logs so I don't know what Blizz was thinking. If you have no reliable information from either side, what's the point in taking a side? May as well flip a coin and call it fact based choice.

How the fuck can people think it was a good call from blizz to ban Ensidia.. wtf. Blizzard is making a shit tone of money with that game. Can't they just pay 25 of these pro raider to test stuff on a private server before they release it....

Ok got a question for you guys

Blizz banned Exodus for exploiting a bug in a boss fight
    Blizz banned Ensidia for exploiting a bug in a boss fight

Whats the difference?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

All of these points are really good. But really mate, it was a Bug that no one could of predicted. I mean even Boub will tell you they kept the Lich King Encounter under tight wraps. They even removed in 5 minutes his Youtube video with a Copyright claim. Its just not possible for someone to waltz in and say "Lets Bug kill him."

You want real craziness? I got banned for sticking up for Ensidia in the Raid forums. I didnt say that what was done was good or bad, a Exploit or no, but merely that it was a very clever method and a cool win. I further defended my point of view, as I always do by not conceding, while not reducing myself to name-calling like many other on the Forums.

My reward for being civil? Banned for "trolling/spamming". Who knew that a coherent post with multiple sentences, good syntax and no typos which challenges a person to think was such? Not I.

Incidentally, I hear Paragon got "World First" now. Dont let your hearts be troubled Ensidia. You downed Blizzard's Great Juggernaut first in my books. Anyone worth their salt knows what you did should of been hammered out in Beta Testing months back. I mean I used to work QA and I'll say this. If a bug like that got by me, it would of been on me and I'd of probably been fired. Not on the Guild that won.

My opinion now post banning is that someone in Paragon is a relative to Blizzard's Team and was pissed that Ensidia nailed it first.

Now I'm no Ensidia fanboy for the rest of you, having only heard of it through my friends, but its damned fishy that "I" got banned for merely saying "Good show." Interchangable Standards I guess. Blizzard will have to do better if they expect me to stay for Cataclysm. This kind of tripe really pisses me off.

Discuss gentlemen.

I find it funny.... TBH Ensidia can do with a little outside time.... if ya'll are whining about a video game world first... pretty sad.... remember it's a game... get over it... if it happened to me life would go on.... gj Blizz... you gave these guys enough time to get some sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja
    that's odd... oO

what if, say scourge strike caused the bug and not saronite bombs? would that make things different? they are both part of a rotation.
    Does the DK run away from the lich king to the edge of the arena, looks out into the far beyond then starts spamming his scourge strike button at an invisible target?

Nice to see blizz is still banning people over their inability to code a video game.

Sweet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    They had 6 attempts total.
    Thats one hell of a feat to figure out in 5 attempts especially since they weren't looking for it.
    Might wanna hire a few of them to come test stuff for blizzard then, if they are that good.
    Because, using that logic, they found something game/fight breaking within 5 attempts (And used the 6th for the actual kill) that hours/days/weeks of internal testing missed.
    Again, one hell of a feat.
    On one of thier blogs they say they got to arthas on mains tried once and failed. Then they hoped on alts but dont say how far they got. My bet they discovered this bug on the alts switched over to mains and used it to kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So, just because you CAN break the rules of the game means that the rulebreakers aren't at fault?
    They aren't. It's not the real world where you can easily break rules. It's a virtual world created by Blizzard, where only things happen that Blizzard wants them to happen. All the "rules" are made by Blizzard and can't be broken except by using haxx. If the rules nevertheless CAN be broken by some smart dude, Blizzard has failed.

And Ensidia's angryness is not about some shitty temp ban. It's about losing a world 1st kill on the last boss of this expansion. Because in casualcraft those 1st kills are the only way nowadays for guilds to prove the world that they have some skill.

Back in classic every pro guild used every exploit they could find, to make the hard bosses a bit easier. It was common.

Lol obviously something was up, Blizzard is monitoring LK 25 attempts...

This is a dumb ban. Imo taking advantage of the game is not there fault if Blizzards people would have done there job and released the fight the way it was intended this wouldn't even be a issue. How about Blizzard take responcability for there actions instead of banning people for there mistake. Take the gear/achi away fix the bug and go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr
    interesting thought: if paragon got the worlds first kill using saronite bombs before the bug was hotfixed would they have got a 72hr ban and the achievement removed?
    If a raider in Paragon was using Saronite bombs in the middle of the platform, then no the encounter would not bug. No bugged encounter = no exploitation. The rogue from Ensidia was purposefully bugging the encounter, as he/she was using the bombs on the edge of the platform away from Arthas. Ensidia kept going through the encounter even though it had been bugged, thus getting their well deserved ban.

Removing their loot and achieves? Achievements - Justified. Loot - no.
    IMO They're not stupid, but are playing dumb.

Banning them? A tad extreme. Blizz should have just told them, "Sorry you killed Arthas in a manner that was not intended. Whether or not you were of aware of the exploit is irrelevant. We're removing your achievements, but you can keep the loot. Good luck next week."

Quote Originally Posted by homesickalien
    Removing their loot and achieves? Achievements - Justified. Loot - no.
    IMO They're not stupid, but are playing dumb.

Banning them? A tad extreme. Blizz should have just told them, "Sorry you killed Arthas in a manner that was not intended. Whether or not you were of aware of the exploit is irrelevant. We're removing your achievements, but you can keep the loot. Good luck next week."
    so 3 day ban puts them banned until what sunday? giving them a chance to go back and do the fight without exploiting the bug.

The way they did it was actually more fair, and tbh the bans were probably somewhat needed by blizzard to remove the achievements/gear/titles/ect... in a way that they could with keeping there accounts the same prior to the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by RRamco
    A 3-day ban seems a bit harsh for an unknown bug they discovered by accident (at least, that's what they're claiming)...
    yes it was found by accident, but there is not reason to do a 3 day ban for that being found, it is something that could easily be fixxed, so what is the point of doing a ban for something that caused a glitch that no one knew about

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard also know that the world is watching this. There can only be so mny times Ensidia can "accidentally" discover an exploit and escape unpunished. Examples needed to be made this time and I think the punishment is fair. I have no doubt that they could see the platform spawning and KNOWING that shouldn't happen, as it didn't in 10 man. Ensidia are an imba guild, no need to mess about like this they could have made a quick call to the powers that be (GM's in their pocket) and waited it out a few hours. No need to be silly about it, the world is watching Ensidia can't they at least do something right, and do it the hard way.

Any decent person would have felt like they achieved NOTHING by doing it this way, right? I know I would. Stop messing about and get the job done properly, you raid all hours god sends, no need for exploits.

So before i left for my interview this morning there was like 5 posts and on my way there i came up with something and if someone else posted this im sorry for the repeat that i havent read through 80 pages :S

Ensidia downed him on 10man first, they knew what to expect from the encounter- they even said on their site that the "bug" did not occur in 10man. They could imagine(id hope) that the encounter for 25 would be the same +more adds hp dmg yadda yadda.
    so why on earth would they act as if the throne rebuilding for no reason on 25 was not a bug and why would they act like they didnt realize it?