Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kittenpower
    So before i left for my interview this morning there was like 5 posts and on my way there i came up with something and if someone else posted this im sorry for the repeat that i havent read through 80 pages :S

Ensidia downed him on 10man first, they knew what to expect from the encounter- they even said on their site that the "bug" did not occur in 10man. They could imagine(id hope) that the encounter for 25 would be the same +more adds hp dmg yadda yadda.
    so why on earth would they act as if the throne rebuilding for no reason on 25 was not a bug and why would they act like they didnt realize it?
    A lot of these comments make it seem like the rogue was throwing bombs on purpose so they they could bug the platform. The point is, THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT SPELL/ABILITY/ETC WAS CAUSING THE BUG. There are 25 (TWENTY FIVE) people spamming the HELL out of their buttons so that they can achieve the incredible honor of being the first people to ever kill the Lich King. It's an incredibly important fight in terms of lore and reputation. With this in mind, I think they decided to just continue on for fear of losing the world first kill, even with the bug. The ban was not justified, and Blizzard SERIOUSLY needs to test their encounters better. For this to happen on the Lich King is horrible; Ensidia still may have gotten the first kill even without the bug.

If I were an Ensidia member who was present at that LK kill, I'd quit the whole game.
    More than a year of work since Wotlk launch all for nothing. I wouldn't care if it's the fault of ONE guild member or Blizz's fault.
    All for nothing.

i just cant get why that rogue uses the saronites bombs to get only 9k total damage on rotface??? isnt better just do do melee atacks or cast another atack??, ive heard that blizz have had some problems with that saronite bombs before, so i guess they use it to fin bugs and exploit them.... Other than that they are good, the dps is amazing so its just matter of time for them to get that achievment again and in the fair way... ;D

I want to beleive that Ensidia didn't purposefully exploit the bug, partially because I use saronite bombs quite frequently as well, but I don't think Blizzard would ban Ensidia, then strip them of the achievement and the loot without complete justification.

Most likely Ensidia cheated, they have a reputation for it, and actually got punished this time. No one wants to get caught cheating and if I was Ensidia I would surely deny it too.

Thanks to Blizzard for doing the right thing and grats to Paragon on their world first kill.

Doing it with 20 attempts left is just the icing on the cake.

I'm looking forward to the heroic difficulty first, that should help put an end to this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mebiza
    i just cant get why that rogue uses the saronites bombs to get only 9k total damage on rotface??? isnt better just do do melee atacks or cast another atack??, ive heard that blizz have had some problems with that saronite bombs before, so i guess they use it to fin bugs and exploit them.... Other than that they are good, the dps is amazing so its just matter of time for them to get that achievment again and in the fair way... ;D
    Saronite bombs can be used while moving and do not interrupt swing timers or cause a GCD. You're only increasing your DPS by using them if you're skilled enough to toss one out between GCD's.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568
    On one of thier blogs they say they got to arthas on mains tried once and failed. Then they hoped on alts but dont say how far they got. My bet they discovered this bug on the alts switched over to mains and used it to kill the boss.
    that would sound logical, as a former tester with EA and Eidos, all i can say is that, it's very interesting that a bug that big got by the testers in paris, and anaheim without notice. I'd think before Ensidia got their ban, the test team in charge of the Lich King Encounter got an earful from the head of testing for missing the bug, and some of the newbie testers were fired, others were given warnings. The fault would lie on the test team for missing the bug, but the company does encourage for the players to report a bug, so why didn't Ensidia report the bug, is World First more important than what would be morally right?

Ensidia may be World First Lich King Killers, but Legitamently the world First goes to Paragon, i say congrats to doing it. let's focus on the Heroic Race to the Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Mebiza
    Its been said over and over in this thread to scrubs like you. Using saronite bombs every CD is a dps increase, better then any other proffesion atm so why wouldnt they use them.

You can might aswell say, oh why should i use another whirlwind, its just another 10k extra damage.... or why not, hey im just gonna stay back abit and not hitting the boss, its just a couple white attacks that does 6k damage, i might aswell not do it

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau
    Fact: Ensidia exploited Freya trash to do Hodir Hardmode World First.
    Fact: Nihilum used a bug (whether intentional or not) to get the claimed "World First" Lady Vashj kill. They admitted that they got the kill with a bug, but tried to say it was unintentional. A player came out and said it was intentional. Regardless of intent, they still claimed it as a legit World First and covered up the fact that their kill was because of a bug.

The same sort of thing is happening here. They got the kill using a bug. Intent is not clearly known, but they tried to claim it as a legit World First and cover up the bug. Regardless of intent, their items, achievements, etc. should be stripped. The ban is where intent matters. Since there are posts on their own website by their own members saying that they knew there was a bug occurring, but they did it anyway, it's clear that they are guilty, and the ban is deserved.
    I like the fact that you state a "fact" over something that everyone here knows is a lie LOL

Fact: Ensidia exploited Freya trash to do Hodir Hardmode World First.
    it wasn't a world first, 2 guilds had already killed the hardmode but then blizzard changed the timer from 2:30 to 2minutes making it impossible do beat the encounter. They brought in a buff to the kill making it actually possible beating the the Hardmode and thus staying in the Ulduar Race

Seriously if you don't know the facts, dont be a dumbass typing out "facts"

Ok good job you posted a legitimate Saronite bomb rotation, the point everyone is upset about isnt the fact you used them, yes we know the are good for a dps rotation, the point where Ensida turned it into an exploit is when the rogue said over vent, "hey guys my bomb did so and blah blah blah" then you had every engineer use a bomb in their rotation to make the fight easier because you lacked the confidence to kill him w/o being 100% legit. You come on here and QQ about blizzard being unfair and saying you glitched the encounter and it didnt make it easier when it clearly does. regardless of what was done Ensida EXPLOITED A BUG that made the 25 man Lich King encounter easier, therefor many of us frown on it and dont even consider it a kill.

Should have been a perma-ban imo, this isn't the first nor the last time we will see Ensidia exploiting to get a world first >
    "Just because im paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't watching!"

Boo fuckin hoo.

It serves them right. It wouldn't matter if it's a US guild or a EU guild (I don't even know why the hell people continue to bring that shit up). Cheating is cheating. All the comments I've seen have been these things:

1) Ensidia fanboys bawwwwin'
    2) People actually having decent replies that show why Ensidia got the banned
    3) Ensidia fanboys repeating the same shit over and over and STILL can't get the point across
    4) People who don't give a damn.

Again, even if I am from the US, I would hope Blizzard would do/have the same thing to whatever guild that did the same thing. I'm not biased about fucking cheaters.

Blizzard is taking police-state tips from the federal government

Interesting quote from poptisse:
    I honestly don't think anyone frapsed
    I think even a random world 500th guild would fraps everything in order to perfect tactics for the heroic version. How can you try make us believe that you did not? :-\

I'm betting that the people who supposedly 'sponsor' Ensidia will be pulling their funding over this drama. Muqq was hilarious in his rant, as some of us would say "Mad nerd was mad" lol. Also anyone else find it funny that Both Muqq's name AND his blog message end with QQ =D

Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi
    The fault would lie on the test team for missing the bug, but the company does encourage for the players to report a bug, so why didn't Ensidia report the bug, is World First more important than what would be morally right?
    "Report a bug", yes... You don't have any experience with GMs right? If you open a ticket for whatever reason, you can most likely wait for DAYS to get an answer.
    But you have no f*cking days of time when you're attempting a 1st kill huh?

GM's actively watch all the first few attempts on 25man and i think 10man, if Ensidia clicked "Open Ticket" the wait time would have been instant. There were guilds doing the 10man encounter who opened tickets and had them answered immediately.

10+ Year Old Account

Good thing Blizzard PTRed the Lich King and found this bug... oh wait..

This is why Blizzard fails, they ban people that found a bug that didn't know about. Guess Blizzard internal game testers fail. Then again, who would of thought about testing engineering items on every boss. I mean.. it only took one raid on live to find the bug. Guess Blizzard's internal team should copy and paste the fighting style of the best raiders in the world instead of wearing a Uber Shirt.

The simple fact is they killed the Lich King when he was bugged, it doesn't matter whether or not they knew about the saronite bomb bug or not.

I don't believe they should have been banned but i do think they don't deserve the world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Downsmash
    A lot of these comments make it seem like the rogue was throwing bombs on purpose so they they could bug the platform. The point is, THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT SPELL/ABILITY/ETC WAS CAUSING THE BUG. There are 25 (TWENTY FIVE) people spamming the HELL out of their buttons so that they can achieve the incredible honor of being the first people to ever kill the Lich King. It's an incredibly important fight in terms of lore and reputation. With this in mind, I think they decided to just continue on for fear of losing the world first kill, even with the bug. The ban was not justified, and Blizzard SERIOUSLY needs to test their encounters better. For this to happen on the Lich King is horrible; Ensidia still may have gotten the first kill even without the bug.
    ur not paying attention... they new that the throne rebuilding was not intended... meaning going forth knowing something was causeing it to happen was a bug and exploiting it since it was taking out an entire mechanic of the fight.

First of all, everyone saying that Blizzard only banned Ensidia because they are embarrassed that this bug was found is ridiculous. Developers and testers are not perfect. I have never seen a mmo that didn't have bugs and glitches in their game that were overlooked by the developers and testers. Blizz is not going to be any different. They are never going to catch every little bug and glitch there is before releasing a patch or expansion. It is in fact up to the users to report these bugs and glitches. Second of all, I don't believe for a second that the members of Ensidia didn't realize what was going on when they got the kill. All we've heard about for weeks is how the platforms are going to break off, so when those platforms reappeared, the members of Ensidia should have know what was going on the first time it happened. They are not stupid people. I'm sure they didn't know it was going to happen the first time it happened and had they got the kill that first time, I would agree that the ban is bullshit. But after that first try, they knew what they were doing when they used that glitch to help them get the kill. This is not the first time this guild has been caught using an exploit to get a first kill on a boss. That being said, do I blame them for not immediately reporting the bug to Blizz? No. Who would have done that? Not one of us would have. You can say you would have all you want, but none of you would have reported that, at least not right away. We all use bugs and glitches to make things easier for us in this game. No guild would have stopped their fight immediately and risked losing that first kill achievement because they found a bug in the encounter.

As for the ban, stop complaining about it. It's only 72 hours. I'm sure all of the members of Ensidia can survive without WoW for 3 days. In fact, most of them probably have second accounts that they can go play on until they get unbanned. They should be glad it wasn't permanent and quit complaining about it. And everyone should have enough sense to know that if you exploit a bug or glitch in this game, you run the risk of getting banned from the game. That's the way it is, it will always be that and it does absolutely no good to piss and moan about it and blame it on blizz and say they only do it because they are embarrassed. Use the glitches and bugs at your own risk.