Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Yes it seems this bug does relate to our kill. We had no idea that our Rogues using Saronite Bombs in their rotation (as they always do) was causing it and thusly it occured every try we did. Short version, we're not going to stop trying the boss when all we are doing is playing our normal game. It would be nice if these kinds of things, much the same as Holy Wrath on Anub, were tested before release.
    First, it seems that the bug was caused by a single rogue (always blame it on the rogues!) who used Saronite Bombs throughout the fight. Apparently the siege damage caused by the bombs bugged the encounter's mechanics and respawned the platform destroyed by the Lich King during the encounter
    Notice how the original statement from ensidia stated multiple rogues used Saronite bombs, and the version they gave Boubouille had only ONE rogue use bombs? What were the other rogues doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo
    Good thing Blizzard PTRed the Lich King and found this bug... oh wait..

This is why Blizzard fails, they ban people that found a bug that didn't know about. Guess Blizzard internal game testers fail. Then again, who would of thought about testing engineering items on every boss. I mean.. it only took one raid on live to find the bug. Guess Blizzard's internal team should copy and paste the fighting style of the best raiders in the world instead of wearing a Uber Shirt.
    You know for the bug to work (from my understanding) it required you to throw the saronite bomb AT specific places, you couldn't just 'accidentally' hit these places, you had to manually throw it at it. So why would the blizzard internal testers be throwing their bombs at anything but the boss or adds? I can see why it was overlooked.

Now if the rogues were using the bomb in their normal rotations, WHY were they throwing their bombs at the ledge and not the boss hmmmmm? The logs show for a period of time the boss doesnt take dmg from the bombs, this is when they are being throw at the LEDGE to get it to respawn...
    "Just because im paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't watching!"

I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers much more than quelling angry cries of the fucking noobs in this game ever would. Really, if you don't know shit about this game, just shut the fuck up and do something else. You level 1 posters and the forums can honestly go fuck yourselves, since you're too shit to know even the basics of this game.
    That came from Muqq's blog on Ensidia's website.

Personally, I think this is epic. Ensidia... the mighty and powerful guild that sits atop a mountain of epic "skill" just was knocked off it's perch by Blizz GM's. Now, thanks to the actions of their raiding and of individual officers within it, such as Muqq, their reputation has been dealt a blow.

It's quite ironic, in my opinion, that an individual that was a member of a raid that was banned for exploiting, and now cries himself to sleep at night over it, has to vent his frustration at the other players of WoW by calling us "noobs."

This ban was deserved. If Ensidia had just reported the bug in the first place instead of downing LK and then reporting it, they would have not been banned at all. Someone brought up, about 70 pages ago, that there was no Fraps done on the fight. Well that is suspicious, since that is something that protects them if they were accused of using exploits. Sure, the bug should have been found by Blizzard, I agree with that. However, when a guild finds it, they encounter a fork in the road. Do the right thing and report it before downing the LK, or pull an "Ensidia."

Muqq, I am sure Hello Kitty Island Adventure will be a great new home for you. That way, you can be with people that act just like you.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not the 72 hour ban that is a kick in the teeth, it's Blizzard preventing them from running hard mode next week since you need to down Lich King normal mode to do hard mode and get world first next week. That is if they can get Lich King hard mode down next week. Now, if they reset the fight so they can do him again on Sunday and Monday, that is fine but if they took away the Lich King this week, they took away the hard mode next week.

10+ Year Old Account

Can you imagine the LOL's coming from Exodus?

Ensidia called them out for "cheating" and acted like they were holier than thou,even though Ensidia has been exploiting this game since pre-bc.

Karma is a bitch huh Kungen?

;D
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoully
    Notice how the original statement from ensidia stated multiple rogues used Saronite bombs, and the version they gave Boubouille had only ONE rogue use bombs? What were the other rogues doing?
    Indeed, intriguing theory. They also stated that the bombs did no siege damage, thus couldn't be tracked by recount. Besides, they have a lot more people who are engineers than just Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo
    It's not the 72 hour ban that is a kick in the teeth, it's Blizzard preventing them from running hard mode next week since you need to down Lich King normal mode to do hard mode and get world first next week. That is if they can get Lich King hard mode down next week. Now, if they reset the fight so they can do him again on Sunday and Monday, that is fine but if they took away the Lich King this week, they took away the hard mode next week.
    Ensidia can survive without a first kill for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Indeed, intriguing theory. They also stated that the bombs did no siege damage, thus couldn't be tracked by recount. Besides, they have a lot more people who are engineers than just Rogues.
    Well as Kungens blog states, people within the guild found out about the ban at different times. Mek probably found out quite early and updated the site. And then once they had everyone online they could work out who did what and when. And just because people have engineering doesn't make them a cheat. Going to ban engineering now?

As always, neither part has the absolute truth.

IMO, the best solution would be 72 hours ban, remove all loot/achievments and reset LK and let them try it with the left attempts.
    Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lobostarc/videos

Who will report a bug when you know you can face a ban now?

For me I think it all comes down to this:

"We knew there was a bug when we killed Arthas. But the bug did not happen on every try and we never understood why it happened. We just figured that Blizzard had fucked something up."

A lot of people are saying "Oh they must have known it was bombs!!" but I've yet to see someone explain to me how the guild must have known the platform appeared because one character out of 25 was using saronite bombs in the limited tries they made before he went down. Especially when this was part of his standard rotation in raids.

A few people have said "Oh they spend hours checking their logs after wipes" blah blah blah but the impression I get is this boss is so easy to down they didn't even need to bother thinking about why they wiped and the bug didn't happen on every try either.

Blizzard made the wrong call. They should have hot fixed the bug and removed the kill achievements. No ban.

All this does is send a message to every bleeding edge guild in the world.. if you come up against a boss for the first time on day 1 and something weird and unexpected happens during the fight that appears to give you an advantage, you down tools and log off straight away.. because if you continue and the boss dies, you risk being banned. That is the message this sends out. Clear and simple.

Find a bug, stop playing.

So if I understand correctly: They are banned for using a weapon (Saronite bombs) that is part of the normal arsenal because it triggers a bug? That's not a bug, that's a disgrace ! The next thing is you're getting banned for hitting mobs at al !

Quote Originally Posted by Zilex
    So if I understand correctly: They are banned for using a weapon (Saronite bombs) that is part of the normal arsenal because it triggers a bug? That's not a bug, that's a disgrace ! The next thing is you're getting banned for hitting mobs at al !
    You do realize to trigger the bug you have to actually throw the bomb at the ledge right? so chucking saronite bombs at the boss or adds would not trigger the bug by accident. You have to AIM for the edge to trigger it, thus they cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffen
    You do realize to trigger the bug you have to actually throw the bomb at the ledge right? so chucking saronite bombs at the boss or adds would not trigger the bug by accident. You have to AIM for the edge to trigger it, thus they cheated.
    Where does it say that? And why has Blizzard put a ledge in that area of the game that responded to bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brimby
    Who will report a bug when you know you can face a ban now?
    The people that do not abuse a bug for their advantages and then scream "WORLD FIRST!!11eleven" like Ensidia did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk
    The people that do not abuse a bug for their advantages and then scream "WORLD FIRST!!11eleven" like Ensidia did.
    This.

Quite honestly I'm surprised so many Ensidia fan boys are still supporting them. Come on at least admit they did something they shouldn't have done, is it that hard?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Where does it say that? And why has Blizzard put a ledge in that area of the game that responded to bombs?
    They did that because they fucked up in the design. Apparently they actually make Arthas deal siege damage to the ledge to destroy it, which is just plain stupid. They were aware players would be capable of dealing siege damage. It's always bad design to let something have the possibility of interacting with something it's not supposed to interact with. If you fail at that, you're a bad programmer/designer.

Imo, Blizzard fucked up most and should've just reset the boss and removed the loot/achievement. No retarded 72 hour man.

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy
    Imo, Blizzard fucked up most and should've just reset the boss and removed the loot/achievement. No retarded 72 hour man.
    They would have just removed achievements and loot had they not been repeat offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomarl
    This.

Quite honestly I'm surprised so many Ensidia fan boys are still supporting them. Come on at least admit they did something they shouldn't have done, is it that hard?
    Yeah like a guild such as Ensidia really needed to exploit a bug to make a fight easier that another guild downed on their first attempt. It isn't as if the LK is a hard fight for these guilds, he is easy.

Personally I think there should be a debate about why the LK is so easy. I remember it took SK Gaming over 100 tries to down KJ.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffen
    They would have just removed achievements and loot had they not been repeat offenders.
    Exactly. They have their history pleading against them.