Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Look, Ensidia probably saw an opportunity and decided to roll the dice and take a gamble. They lost.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Well yeah... it's true... you do need a monster computer to record with FRAPS, especially in a 25 man raid.
    Can fanboys donate some computers to Ensidia so that we can have some ICC H mode videos to watch next week? I am serious

Quote Originally Posted by Gallener
    Look, Ensidia probably saw an opportunity and decided to roll the dice and take a gamble. They lost.

Sorry this thread is fueling me during my boring day at work

Quote Originally Posted by wageaoe
    Can fanboys donate some computers to Ensidia so that we can have some ICC H mode videos to watch next week? I am serious

I heard they still use windows 95

Quote Originally Posted by wageaoe
    I'll be the first to donate... here ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi

Sorry this thread is fueling me during my boring day at work
    LOL!!!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Paladin Bash has spoken.

lol at the graph you have my..

Oh man. I love how people said the rogues bombs were the reason they were banned :P

They didn't know why it was bugging. But they admitting to knowing when it was bugged out, they could ignore the Valkyries and DPS on the boss.Thus making P3 of the fight and P4 the easiest parts and they would never have to dps adds when this bug happened.

It was then encourged on vent from several of their blog posts, that if the bug happened, to then exploit it by not dpsing Adds they knew they were supposed to dps down because if the didn't how the fight was scripted, they would fall off the ledge and die.

They did this on 10 man. They knew the platform wasn't supposed to be there on those parts :P Thats why they were banned for exploiting. Just because they didn't know how the bug was happening. They took advantage of it. And its not like they did it on one try. They admitted every attempt it was bugging out, meaning at least every attempt they ignored Valkyries because the fight was dumbed down.

Ensidia loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallener
    If I shoot someone with a gun, is it the gun makers fault or mine?
    False analogy.

What you should ask is: the analogy would hold if the gun in question would jam and backfire your face off.

edit: in which case, the producer would be held accountable for a faulty gun.

amirite?

Secondly, I guess, since I posted in this topic my girlfriend will get into a fight with me about the apartament cleaning later, which will result in no sex tonight.
    Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by ennui
    False analogy.

What you should ask is: the analogy would hold if the gun in question would jam and backfire your face off.

edit: in which case, the producer would be held accountable for a faulty gun.

amirite?

Secondly, I guess, since I posted in this topic my girlfriend will get into a fight with me about the apartament cleaning later, which will result in no sex tonight.
    Oh, well. C'est la vie.
    Ahhh yes, that would be better

I remember when Ex-something guild got kill on Yogg saron +0 with exploit, Ensidia was first telling "Ban teh cheaters". They got what they deserved, they are not complete newbies to not understand something is wrong, and not claim it as worlds first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix
    I remember when Ex-something guild got kill on Yogg saron +0 with exploit, Ensidia was first telling "Ban teh cheaters". They got what they deserved, they are not complete newbies to not understand something is wrong, and not claim it as worlds first.
    Thats the best part, yeah!

So many pages full of fanboys :s

let's face it, if we look at the world firsts Ensidia got since WotLK, its far less than they had before that (when they were still under a different name).

They ain't as good as they once were. Now when we see a WF, it's often not Ensidia.

Then they have the so called WF and know that during their raids a certain bug happened and go on and say: well we didn't know, so we just kept on playing cause we had no idea what caused it...

Then they get banned. Take a guess. For a legitimate reason. Ensidia knew of it but they prolly thought lets go on, drooling over the WF with not looking at the consequences. Blizzard didnt ban them without any investigation...

They got banned cause of their own fault.

To me they are just a bunch of hypocrits/liars since this event occured.

ps: i welcome the many flames on my post.

Oh man. I love how people said the rogues bombs were the reason they were banned :P

They didn't know why it was bugging. But they admitting to knowing when it was bugged out, they could ignore the Valkyries and DPS on the boss.Thus making P3 of the fight and P4 the easiest parts and they would never have to dps adds when this bug happened.

It was then encourged on vent from several of their blog posts, that if the bug happened, to then exploit it by not dpsing Adds they knew they were supposed to dps down because if the didn't how the fight was scripted, they would fall off the ledge and die.

They did this on 10 man. They knew the platform wasn't supposed to be there on those parts :P Thats why they were banned for exploiting. Just because they didn't know how the bug was happening. They took advantage of it. And its not like they did it on one try. They admitted every attempt it was bugging out, meaning at least every attempt they ignored Valkyries because the fight was dumbed down.

Ensidia loses.

People claiming that they should have wiped the raid and waited for a hotfix are clearly imbeciles. If I stopped raiding and waited for a fix every time Blizzard screwed something up, I'd never raid again. The onus was on Blizzard to provide a quality product, and they failed hard, so now they're swinging the banhammer like a pouting child. Poor form, Blizz. QQ more.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

"You think we wanted to waste attempts if we knew how to exploit this clusterfuck of an encounter of yours?"

-Muqq

Must be a real schock for them... 3 days without WoW...

hypocrits lol...

You're not telling me all of you wouldn't take advantage of that bug if it accured without knowing the reason.
    If this is the truth, they didn't deserve the ban, imo.

Okay, I've been reading (well, skimming) at least half the pages on this post.

I don't know much about it, but it looks like while Ensidia knew the encounter was bugged, they just weren't sure how it was bugged, or aware that they were specifically exploiting it by using Saronite Bombs.

The excitement of a world first on the most anticipated boss in the expansion probably overrode their sense of "shouldn't we report this bug to Blizzard?" at the time. Plus, they're sponsored, and were under pressure to get the WF before any other guild could beat them. There are a lot of other guilds out there snapping at Ensidia's heels and sometimes beating them on world firsts (Paragon, vodka, etc), and that probably weighed on them.

I don't know why Ensidia would intentionally exploit the fight. They've gotten many legitimate world firsts and they're good players, they probably could easily have gotten a legit WF on the Lich King.

On the other hand they got off lucky. Other guilds have been permanently banned for such behaviour, and in comparison, 72 hours is nothing. They might still get some legit world firsts on the hard modes in there, including hard mode Lich King. In that respect, the race is far from over. Ensidia should consider themselves lucky that they were not permabanned.

I do not believe that the kill wasn't frapsed. Somebody had to be frapsing, and of course Ensidia would want to release a video of their first kill, at least eventually, once more guilds had done it because as Tun says, they don't want to help other guilds kill it (not that I really understand that mentality because if you've already killed it, what have you to fear?).

Ah well. That's just my 2c anyway.