Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    We don't know whether using the bombs directly on/near/by the platforms was the cause as we weren't the ones in there, for all we know throwing them on the throne could do it. Unless more information is given out we don't know and can only make assumptions, that is not sufficient proof.

No, its come out in fixes that doing siege damage to the platform is what did it, damage with only a 10 yard range. Thats what was stated in the blueposts over the issue, that siege damae to the platform did it.

And a saronite bombs damage is only 10 yrds. My point stands.

Otherwise, they would not have gotten banned.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

This is defently a fake post, the person who writes this is defently not in Ensidia. Since you wanna name/server change anyway, at least say your name.

Its 100% fake for me. Dont try to destroy Ensidias reputation with that wall of shit.

Anyway, the ban was lame - blizz should remove the archivements and reset the instance!

what if they were tanking lk at the edge when the rogue used a bomb? what if the adds were being tanked at the edge and the rogue used a bomb on them? what if the rogue threw a bomb at a valkyr that was close to the edge of dropping a player off? let me know when you figure those out.

also. im pretty sure that people from nihilum, a guild that killed vashj when she had bugs out the ass. - an encounter that slowly makes the room smaller because of poison on the floor - wouldn't have a problem with the room getting smaller on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega

No, its come out in fixes that doing siege damage to the platform is what did it, damage with only a 10 yard range. Thats what was stated in the blueposts over the issue, that siege damae to the platform did it.

And a saronite bombs damage is only 10 yrds. My point stands.

Otherwise, they would not have gotten banned.
    No where in the blue posts does it state where the bombs were being thrown on the platform that caused the encounter to rebuild the platforms, so again it's pure speculation that them being thrown only on the edges would rebuild it. I simply used the throne as an example, the platform itself is huge and while it does make sense as to why this would occur from them being thrown on the edges we have no definitive answer as to that being the case.

The siege damage of the bombs was causing the Frozen Throne platform to rebuild, which greatly decreases the difficulty of the encounter.
    That is part of the official statement on it and it does not imply where the bombs were being thrown at all, simply that the siege damage was causing it.

This is a very interesting subject, well worth the debate.

Blizzard ships a product, that it has not tested 100%.
    Ensidia plays within the game boundaries, and defeats the last boss.
    Blizzard says there was cheating (they don't say it was an untested bug), and Ensidia is ripped from world first.

Anyone who is a hotheaded clever guy - saying "circumstances does not matter, Ensidia cheated", please define "cheating" you refer to when Ensidia killed the boss?

I do think 2 things at the moment, with the available information:
    - Blizzard should have not banned Ensidia superimposing a 2-day penalty, but just taken away the kill, allow Ensidia to continue, and making sure the bug does not happen. That would have been fair - to Ensidia who is chasing "World First" as well as Blizzard.
    - With this Blizzard might be striking back at the news when Ensidia cleared WOTLK full 3.0 release in 3 days time, hitting all news deadline that the game is easy, already downed all content.

Quote Originally Posted by kevdell

no one knows what happened to know whether they did it on purpose or not. one thing for sure is that the game devs/gms who were watching them should have noticed the platform rebuild itself and stopped them, refunded an attempt, hotfixed the bug, etc. etc.
    ^--- Here's the culprit.

They watched, they were silent, they ignored it, the hotfixed it.
    Break this arguement, in whatever way you can.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    No where in the blue posts does it state where the bombs were being thrown on the platform that caused the encounter to rebuild the platforms, so again it's pure speculation that them being thrown only on the edges would rebuild it. I simply used the throne as an example, the platform itself is huge and while it does make sense as to why this would occur from them being thrown on the edges we have no definitive answer as to that being the case.
    No it isnt pure speculation... are you kidding me? If the platform that falls got respawned by saronite bombs siege damage as the blue posts state, siege damage, the type of damage those bombs do, and the bomb has a 10 yd range, then that means the PLATFORM THAT GOT RESPAWNED had to be within 10 yds of the bomb to get hit by its siege damage. It isnt rocket science!

ensidia fails.

I read the kungen blog and the other stuff... and I think this is bigges QQ I have ever seen in my wow life.
    May it´s the only thing which really deserves to be called "QQ".

What they thought during the fight?
    "Ooohhh this shit is comming up again, that must be lore-shit, some blacksmith in here to help rebuild?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    This is a very interesting subject, well worth the debate.

Blizzard ships a product, that it has not tested 100%.
    Ensidia plays within the game boundaries, and defeats the last boss.
    Blizzard says there was cheating (they don't say it was an untested bug), and Ensidia is ripped from world first.

Anyone who is a hotheaded clever guy, please define "cheating" you refer to when Ensidia killed the boss?

I do think 2 things at the moment, with the available information:
    - Blizzard should have not banned Ensidia superimposing a 2-day penalty, but just taken away the kill, allow Ensidia to continue, and making sure the bug does not happen. That would have been fair - to Ensidia who is chasing "World First" as well as Blizzard.
    - With this Blizzard might be striking back at the news when Ensidia cleared WOTLK full 3.0 release in 3 days time, hitting all news deadline that the game is easy, already downed all content.

Bug or no, ensidia still decided to exploit the bug,intentionally. they had choice in the matter. They CHOSE. So they need to be accountable for what they chose to do

I dont see why that Guild would be ashamed of what they did.

TBH this whole thing is a huge joke.

pve nerds.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

If they released proper content and tested bosses more this wouldn't happen. It's Blizzard's fault. They had like what.. 3 months to fine tune the encounter? They should ban their Dev team for 72 hours. First they make all raid content completely nabfriendly then ban people for their mistakes. Way to go, making this game even more retarded.
    No, no! I love how YOUR mind works.

No it isnt pure speculation... are you kidding me? If the platform that falls got respawned by saronite bombs siege damage as the blue posts state, siege damage, the type of damage those bombs do, and the bomb has a 10 yd range, then that means the PLATFORM THAT GOT RESPAWNED had to be within 10 yds of the bomb to get hit by its siege damage. It isnt rocket science!
    Dude think about the part that is missing from their statement. All it says is that the platform re-spawned from the siege weapon damage, it says nowhere about where the bombs were being used that was causing this. You can assume that it was directly on the edge of the platform where they de-spawn, however you do not know for certain if it was a specific part of the platform or not as you weren't there. I get what you're saying completely, but open your mind a bit and realize that there's no definitive evidence proving that the bombs were used directly on the de-spawning platforms.

As buggy as this game can be you can assume as much that throwing a damn bomb in the middle of Dalaran caused the platforms to re-spawn, but again without them stating specifically where they were thrown it's again only an assumption and not definitive proof.

What they thought during the fight? "Ooohhh this shit is comming up again, that must be lore-shit, some blacksmith in here to help rebuild?"
    I would not be surprised at that, after the gnomes were called in to open the door the Lich King closed for 28 days...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaki
    If they released proper content and tested bosses more this wouldn't happen. It's Blizzard's fault. They had like what.. 3 months to fine tune the encounter? They should ban their Dev team for 72 hours. First they make all raid content completely nabfriendly then ban people for their mistakes. Way to go, making this game even more retarded.
    You honestly think they can prevent every single possible combination that might bug the code? What a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix
    You honestly think they can prevent every single possible combination that might bug the code? What a joke..
    While I agree that it's difficult to do testing on everything to prevent bugs, encounters that they know will be highly scrutinized when the elite guilds defeat them should have more testing done to them than they currently do obviously. This isn't the first case of such an encounter having a serious bug.

hey retard,

what if the lk was being tanked at the edge and the rogue threw a bomb at the lk? what if the adds were being tanked at the edge when the rogue threw a bomb at the adds? what if a valkyr was at the edge of the platform and the rogue threw a bomb at the valkyr?

none of you are doing a very good job at proving they did it on purpose

Unfortunately, I disagree with you, but I'm only here to say that you're going way too deep with details. This is how it works in this game:

Blizzard own everything regarding WoW, they own the accounts. Blizzard have full control of everything in the game, and they do whatever they want.
    Now, Blizzard have rules in this game. Any rules broken in this game have consequences. Ensidia broke the rules. Blizzard did what they wanted to. <insert ensidia cryfestival here as ending of this post>.

There's no need to go into details. Blizzard may have done right or wrong, this is in the eye of beholder and has been discussed this entire evening in 15 different posts about this, but Blizzard are who they are, and they did what they wanted to.

This is fact, Blizzard do not have full control of everthing in the game and can not have it either why do you think you can send tickets about bugs? hotfix, patch with bugs fix etc...

My thoughts about this is that Blizzard just shows us how fucking stupid they are, Keep in mind that Ensidia is playing on the PTR to help Blizzard with "Glitches/bugs" And that this fight was never released for testing.

But sure, Let them have the 72 hour ban, But for godsake let them have a new go. Its one of the top guilds in the world, i dont think they would have ANY problem with doing the fight once more to prove that they can do it without the glitch/bug.

it have now come to the conclusion were Ensidia is tearing apart, Because of some silly bug.

Just one player thoughts, Dont flame me please.

Deleted

i dont really care about you or your guild.. bye

Quote Originally Posted by Vordox
    They watched, they were silent, they ignored it, the hotfixed it.
    Break this arguement, in whatever way you can.
    Good luck.
    ^--- I'm waiting for someone to refute this argument. If they want to ban Ensidia, they should have done something about it while they were watching the bug happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.