Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

Does no one else find it a tad bit strange that they didn't record the fight?

Or does it not seem plausible at all that there was a GM watching them and saw them, and it was obvious they knew what they were doing?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Notrollz
    erm...why would you assume he says that they are magic...he's just asking if he's supposed to believe that they didnt know about the bug since they had 10 previous tries on LK...
    Well since the bug was only on 25 man i doubt they knew from 10 man.. They said themselves it was for 25 man only and i dont see blizz banning their 10 man kill so im inclined to believe when they say it was 25 man only.

Deleted

Guys, this is normal mode. It'll probably be cleared by mediocre guilds soon enough.
    Until someone gets hardmode, can we please stop the ridiculous QQ? Unless you were in the Ensidia raid or work for Blizzard and ghosted them, you have no say and I would like to slap you in the face for thinking your enormous amount of "Just can't STFU" matters.

Congratulations, Paragon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    Who cares? ???
    Imo World First belongs to Ensidia.
    el oh el
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I still want to know two imporant things:

1). details on the zone (or world?) buff everyone gets after defeating the LK?. Or does it only happen in 25 man hard mode?

2). Is there a phased post event after you kill him? Maybe you get a portal back to Dalaran, where all the vendors and important characters stand there to congratulate you?
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalism
    Grats Paragon on the Worlds 2nd 25man kill.

At least you got the US first .. i guess that matters .. right .. errr .. *giggle* .. bwahahaha .. US got served yet again ..
    nah, because exodus had their world first taken away for exploiting, ensidia did too.

grats paragon on world 1st

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    LK will NOT be cleared by "mediocre" guilds for a LONG time, hell, if "mediocre" guilds struggle on Putricide, they don't even have a chance at Sindragosa. If they aren't struggling on Putricide, they aren't a mediocre guild.
    Sorry if soon enough was misleading. I meant Soon™

Jesus christ, 20 attempts left... Paragon makes the best guild on my realm look like the worst scrubs you can get in a 5-man heroic.

Grats to Ensidia and Paragon, they both deserve the world first imo.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Congrats on world second!

Congratulations guys, for the kill and for the first try kill on PP, Queen, Sindragosa and LK that certainly means something

Good Luck in the Heroic modes that will follow

Grats on second!

People will remember Ensidia getting banned more then whoever killed him second him

You guys all talk about ensidia like they're heroes. They had done the fight both in 10 mans and 25 alts and knew exactly what they were doing. They have a bloated roster and had many, many attempts with non-mains in there first. How else do you explain 5-6 healers all power levelling engineering to 450 the same day they killed him? Derp derp

PARAGON FTW! 20/20 attemps, good fucking job guys, you are the best!
    Proud Bear/Kitty Lover for 8 Years.
    >Armory

I don't know if it was a world first or world second, but congratz either way.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalism
    Grats Paragon on the Worlds 2nd 25man kill.

At least you got the US first .. i guess that matters .. right .. errr .. *giggle* .. bwahahaha .. US got served yet again ..
    Fixed
    Fixed ? Not really, Paragon is Finnish guild and thus European.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    yea, but blizz decided to ban them even tho they probably had no idea that saronite bomb caused the issue -.-
    Because Ensidia obviously isn't good enough to figure out what they are doing. Please! Guarantee GM's were watching them the entire time.

The terms of service states that you should inform gamemasters about something you see that shouldn't happen on a given fight.

The platforms who are there when they are not supposed to is something too big to not notice. If you go ahead and clear the encounter with this said "occasion", then it's Blizzard's right to ban you and take away your shinies.

You are not supposed to know what causes the bug. But it is your responsibility to inform the authorities, (GM's, in this case) about it. Blizzard, does not care about your WORLD FIRST. Nor should anyone else but you in my opinion.

Keep in mind. People who design and test these encounters are human beings, just like you. They can, and probably at some point, WILL make mistakes. It is your responsiblity to inform them. If you still carry out what you do with the mistakes, then you should be ready for the consequences. Blizzard has means of checking people that they will not share. But I'm certain that they don't care about ANY of the Ensidia's achievements, past and present, to hold a grudge against them, or plan a masterfully complicated or simple plot to make sure someone else than Ensidia gets the achievement.

My opinion? I call shenanigans on 20/20 attempts kill. I am optimist about the Lich king fight that it can not be done in one shot. But I'm not stupid enough to call for exploits before anything is proven. I don't want to believe at first, but if it is a legitimate kill, then Paragon truely earns my respect. Good job indeed.

Fanboy-or-not, this debate about Ensidia's kill has to be settled. Players and developers are both human beings. Neither should blame eachother. The rules are made in a way that it puts the responsibility into player's hands if developers make a mistake. Expecting either party to be perfect is a delusion. No amount of experience, expertise or luck can prevent the little something called "human mistake." Deal with it, it sure isn't nice to get yourself banned for something you did not know about, but the thing is, the consequence of the exploit part was visible even though the cause for it is not. That is why I say, in my opinion, that the ban is justified.

I will wait a couple more days to see if this one shot is truely legitimate, considering that it is 25 man. There is only so much things I actually know about the fight, so I'm not gonna go ahead and bash or congratulate anyone. May the best man win. And if the winner is already cleared, then congratulations, this fight is not supposed to be walk in the park even on normal mode. (If a pug clears Lich King 25, then I will make a topic about it. We will vote for the best opinion what my punishment should be for 1 week, and then the end of the, I will humiliate myself. Not for the sake of World of Warcraft, but for the sake of keeping a promise I made. Nerfs excluded, so I won't have to join Boub's "Walk in Paris Naked" bandwagon.) (Having said that, I still kinda fantasize about seeing Boubouille naked. I'm just, demented and out of my mind that way.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by LightPulse
    Dude, you need to grow up.
    Aight fan boy

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage
    My opinion? I call shenanigans on 20/20 attempts kill. I am optimist about the Lich king fight that it can not be done in one shot. But I'm not stupid enough to call for exploits before anything is proven. I don't want to believe at first, but if it is a legitimate kill, then Paragon truely earns my respect. Good job indeed.
    If you check out their site, they spent their 20 attempts on an alt run to figure out all the mechanics. The fight itself is not terribly complicated, but it has multiple phases and you must be aware of all of them at the same time. The hardest part about a world-first kill like LK is that it has never been released, so NO mechanics were known at release. Why do you think so many guilds still haven't even attempted LK yet? Most are waiting to watch these world first videos and see the mechanics and strategy behind it before wasting attempts trying to figure out mechanics. Even 10man mechanics are slightly different and cannot be 100% guaranteed to be the same as in the 25 man version. If you have an alt team capable of getting to LK then you can and should be spending the few hours early in the week on those alts to fraps every fight and live log to ensure you can figure out every single mechanic before wasting any attempts due to testing on your mains. 100% probable that they did it on their first attempt with their mains.

Even though I like to be competitive with EU vs US I have no problem giving congratulations to those that truly deserve it.

So, congratz Paragon!

Way to bring respect back to EU after Ensidia's bullshit exploit and then immature tantrum to follow tried to completely destroy it.