Holy Paladin in arena

Hi Guys,

First of I'd like to say thanks for all the information I have found in here - top notch.

Well, I'd like to do arena on my holy paladin. I have collected a little gear (armory: http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ll&cn=Botzilla ) and I leveled engineering as it looked fun for battlegrounds
    I have a couple of questions:
    What would be a combo for me in 2v2 and 3v3 in the new season with the changes, and why? Would it be ideal to try some dual healer in 3v3?
    Does my spec, gemming and glyphs look okay?

Thank you in advance - and if you feel the urge to give me the answer to something I didn't ask, please do - the more info the better.

/botzilla

Re: Holy Paladin in arena

Holy pally is doomed in 2s, but everything with a hunter in 3s will work lmao, after teh resili buff ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    Holy pally is doomed in 2s, but everything with a hunter in 3s will work lmao, after teh resili buff ofc
    doomed? I am pretty sure (not playing one myself) that they are very good paired with warrior and for 3s TSG is the most OP combo atm so find a good dk-war and roflstomp everyone.

inc wall of text

First of there is a ton of information out there on holy paladins just try doing a little bit of research. I dont play a paladin as my main, but i do play one so i will do my best to give you some help.

The resil changes haven't really changed much about combos and play styles so dont worry to much about that. A Holy paladin is far from doomed in 2s in fact they are quite strong healers in all brackets. For 2v2 combos you can play with any decent dps class and do well. It's more up to personal preference then anything. The strongest class to play with would be a warrior, prot or arms, but u can seriously play with anyone as long as they are decent players you can compete at high lvls of arena. Spriest? yep Ele shaman? sure why not, boomkin even? w/e u want. Ofc there are combos that are stronger then others, but if u are like me and play the game for fun then play with w/e you get the most enjoyment out of.

3s is just as good grab any 2 dps classes and you can do well. The strongest comp last season would have to be this prot warrior/hunter/holy paladin team hardly anyone could beat them. You could play wizard cleave variants such as Destro lock/ele shaman/holy paladin or mage/ele/paladin. You can play a melee cleave DK/Warrior/Paladin or Feral/warrior/paladin, Beastcleave enh shaman/Bm hunter/Hpaladin. PHD paladin/hunter/dk or even double healer set ups which are very strong mainly with a warrior though but other dps classes have be known to work. these are just a few of the combos so don't think you're stuck to playing one set up. Experiment and see what u like playing the best. They all provide you with unique play styles.

Now about you're gear ect try not to be cheap on enchants like 50sp instead of 63sp >< enchants mats are pretty cheap these days so get the best you can. You should gem SP in red sockets sp/intel in yellow and SP/Mp5 in blue sockets to activate ur meta. Instead of accelerators on ur hands get the rockets from engi they will come in handy a lot just to help with that little extra dps. I cant say much for glyphs look at getting beacon there are a couple different glyphs u can use its up to you. You're spec is ok you should think about taking the points out of imp hoj and get divine sac and divine guardian. Better yet head on over to arenajunkies and take a look at the spec some of the top paladins use like http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ga&gn=Skeletor for example.

GL and i hope you have a lot of fun in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    doomed? I am pretty sure (not playing one myself) that they are very good paired with warrior and for 3s TSG is the most OP combo atm so find a good dk-war and roflstomp everyone.
    did u see on arena junkie, 90% of 2s top team have priest in it and rogue, the holy warrior 2s comp still work tho that is true but harder than before

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    did u see on arena junkie, 90% of 2s top team have priest in it and rogue, the holy warrior 2s comp still work tho that is true but harder than before
    oh come on the guy is just starting arena.Concerns about top 100 or even top 1000teams won't matter him for at least some months to perfect his playing.

Edit: to the OP warrior/pala will pretty easy bring you to 1800 for the weapon even in furious gear.Also try to see some forums in arenajunkies that will guide you at 3s comp selection and strategies.

Seriously take a warrior for 2s. Maybe a skilled ele shaman.

Played some 2s with my dk friend and it's just plain horrible.Disc Priests are practically teabagging you in any comp.
    forumz addict :>

I caught you in your PvE gear, so I can't help much with your gearing, but I can tell you some good comps.

2v2
    Hpal/Warrior
    Hpal/Afflic Lock
    Hpal/Marks Hunter
    Hpal/Unholy DK
    Hpal/Ele Shaman

and for 3v3
    Hpal/Feral/Warr
    Hpal/Disc/Warr
    Hpal/Ele/Destro
    Hpal/DK/MM
    Hpal/Ele/MM
    Hpal/Enh/BM Hunter
    Hpal/Resto Shaman/Warrior

Double healer is extremely good this time around, and its only counter is some flawless CC and perhaps Healer/MM/Ret. If you have the partners, go for double healer. The matches might take a while, but it's worth it. The warrior needs to have some decent ArP though with an ArP trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    I caught you in your PvE gear, so I can't help much with your gearing, but I can tell you some good comps.

2v2
    Hpal/Warrior
    Hpal/Afflic Lock
    Hpal/Marks Hunter
    Hpal/Unholy DK
    Hpal/Ele Shaman

and for 3v3
    Hpal/Feral/Warr
    Hpal/Disc/Warr
    Hpal/Ele/Destro
    Hpal/DK/MM
    Hpal/Ele/MM
    Hpal/Enh/BM Hunter
    Hpal/Resto Shaman/Warrior

Double healer is extremely good this time around, and its only counter is some flawless CC and perhaps Healer/MM/Ret. If you have the partners, go for double healer. The matches might take a while, but it's worth it. The warrior needs to have some decent ArP though with an ArP trinket.
    I'd say that wizard cleave and maybe disc/rogue/ret could be counters too. But its really fun to play, dispell cleave (disc/holy/arms) can be really great.

Thanks a lot for the time and thoughts you put into answering.
    I have now started playing 2v2 and I'm looking for 3v3 partners. Thanks for you help