Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Best Super Hero Movie So Far?

In my opinion, it's between Hellboy and Ironman.

Re: Best Super Hero Movie So Far?

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah batman...batman...batman!
    Oh and spider man. I enjoyed the writing because it seems that everyone can just cgi everything and make it cool. Not saying that neither of those were cgi'ed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    In my opinion, it's between Hellboy and Ironman.
    i agree

pity the Hellboy sequel is disappointing
    i'd put Ironman just behind it tho

edit - actually now that i think about it you blindsided my real favorite Super Hero Movie: The Incredibles
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

DARKMAN.

"Give me the fucking elephant!"

But no, really, The Dark Knight. I mean, come on. I always liked Batman because of the sweet 90s cartoon, but hated the stupid movies (Batman Returns was ok), then Batman Begins and Dark Knight pushed it to the top and into the stratosphere.

15+ Year Old Account

heh.. Ironically every part in the dark knight was perfectly cast with the exception of.. batman. I mean a guy with a strong english accent, faking an american accent while faking a fake raspy american accent.. Plus I think Christian bale looks way to boyish to be Bruce Wayne.

meh, basically 75% of the batman character is his voice and bale didn't get it. It's supposed to be "A bad Clint Eastwood impression"(Robin in Year One).

That and the fact that I'm way to stuck on the voices of the 90's series. How do you top "I am Darkness, I am the night, I am BATMAN!"?

Anyway I still say Ironman and Hellboy cause it's one of the movies where the costumes actually translate well as opposed to costumes like supermans which just make me lol seeing it in real life.

Really? I think in both Batman Begins and Dark Knight (and most people I've asked seem to agree) the worst character in both films is the same one, Rachel, as played by just godawful Katie Holmes in the first one and Miss Piggy in the second one. Katie Holmes kept trying to act like she was the main character or something, NO.

The other argument for Batman, Arkham Asylum. If you haven't played it...Go play it. Voice acting by most of the characters are the same actors from the 90s cartoon (Batman is Batman, Joker is Mark Hamil, Harley Quinn is Harley, etc.) Also, YOU ARE THE GODDAMN BATMAN. It's the best.

I really loved Ironman, Robert Downey as Tony Stark was spot-on, and Hellboy I really liked, I even liked the second one (Minus a couple..douchey parts, and parts where the director forgot it wasn't Pan's Labyrinth 2) Is it weird that I like the two Hellboy animated movies more than the live action ones? :x

Superhero movies are just so extremely hit-and-miss, and some of them just get dragged into the ground..I liked the first Spiderman, but 2 was just bad, and 3 was omgno.

Also I'm a tard and somehow forgot the great X-Men movies! Ignoring the third..that was bad...The first two were awesome though, Wolverine Origins wasn't too bad either. And really, The Punisher was a cool movie, the extended version added a bit more to it, the one starring Tom Jane.

All things considered, I'd say Superman 2. Okay, its old and doesn't have the sfx available to film makers these days but as a piece it knocks the socks off of any of the recent movies of the genre.

Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother.

Hellboy was very good.
    I still love Batman one.

15+ Year Old Account

Superman Returns is one of the best, imo. Brandon Routh does an uncanny job channeling the great Christopher Reeve. And Kevin Spacey, I mean, you cant say enough about his Lex Luthor.

The 2 recent Batmans are obvious choices(I actually like Bale), but Ironman is also phenomenal. I cant wait for Ironman 2, Favreau is a great director and we all love Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. I even dig Gwenyth Paltrow as Pepper Potts too. Is it me or is she still sexy?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I loved Batman / Ironman, pretty much because it didn't have all of the super powers others superheroes have, just a lot of cool accesories. Haven't seen Hellboy, seems im missing a lot? :P

The Dark Knight - Good but highly overrated. Heath Ledger was an ok Joker, better then Nicholson but it wasn't groundbreaking. I still prefer Batman Begins.

Ironman - Amazing, characters were perfectly cast...especially Stark.

Does V for Vendetta count?

Hancock - ended up being a pretty corny movie but I liked the idea

V for vendetta!!!

doing sigs, pm me! REQUISITE: you need to have contributed to the forums, at least 25 posts that are not trolling or useless ! Dont pm me unless you have helped the community.

10+ Year Old Account

Ironman and the Dark Knight(R.I.P Heath)
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield
    The Dark Knight - Good but highly overrated. Heath Ledger was an ok Joker, better then Nicholson but it wasn't groundbreaking. I still prefer Batman Begins.

Ironman - Amazing, characters were perfectly cast...especially Stark.

Does V for Vendetta count?
    Yes, V for vendetta was a comic :P sorry sorry "Graphic Novel".

I don't know. I read a thing about Nicholson saying his joker was better and alot of people agreed so I looked back on a batman trailer on Youtube and I gotta say.. He's pretty good and really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Ironman and the Dark Knight(R.I.P Heath)
    these were also my favorites
    Alwaez rembr tis gaem r srsz

15+ Year Old Account

I loved the original Batman, and Nicholson's Joker. Ledger's Joker was better. Plain and simple. He was psychopathic, evil, and funny. Nicholson's wasnt quite as evil or psychopathic as I imagine the Joker to be.

As for V for Vendetta, AMAZING. One of my favorite movies. I'm not sure he is a superhero though. He's similiar to Batman and Ironman by not having any super powers, but V's goal was not to fight crime or protect the innocent, but to exact revenge. In fact, he killed. Killing, or restraint from killing, is something that separates the hero from the villian. Its about justice for the Batmans and Supermans of the comic book world. V clearly was out for revenge, his vendetta. It just so happened to take down a corrupt government in the process.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Can't beleive nobody has mentioned
    Watchmen

Definately the Dark Knight. It may have been the least superhero-y(yeah, that's an adjective) of all the super hero movies, but it's a great movie. Along the more superhero-y lines, I'd have to say Iron Man.

My vote goes for Dark Knight and V for Vendetta, can't decide between the two.