Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Best Super Hero Movie So Far?

Quote Originally Posted by sethr266
    Definately the Dark Knight. It may have been the least superhero-y(yeah, that's an adjective) of all the super hero movies, but it's a great movie.
    Can someone please do me a favour and elaborate on this for me? I was completely un-impressed by both the new Dark Knight films, I just cannot understand why people rave about them. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to enjoy them as much as most people seem to have...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail
    Can't beleive nobody has mentioned
    Watchmen
    I would agree, I thought the Watchmen film worked very well. Adapting the book was a huge task and the film makers, imo, managed to get the gist of the story across pretty well.

The topic though is Best Super Hero Movie so Far? As good a movie is as Watchmen is (and it pisses all over every other recent SH movie, yes, even the DK films) Superman 2 IS the best superhero movie so far.
    Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashwolf
    V for vendetta!!!
    I like this movie. But Batman in the Dark Knight was my favorite.

Unbreakable was a great movie.

I'm a great fan of Ironman and a soon to be fan of Ironman 2, BUUUUT. Wouldn't you guys think a Prototype movie would be epic? Jumping from roof to roof, absorbing stuff and being indestructable... ;D

15+ Year Old Account

I'm waiting for a Dark Knight Returns movie.. Although I doubt hollywood would be able to make it without royally screwing it up.. Even then I think it's too unfamiliar of a Batman for the masses to really get it.

Really I'd just kill for another good batman cartoon too..

The Dark Knight, handle it :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail
    Can't beleive nobody has mentioned
    Watchmen
    Seriously? Am I the only one that thought that movie was absolute shite?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashwolf
    V for vendetta!!!
    That wasn't a superhero was it, I'm not sure, might have been. His abilities over creating awesome quotes makes him one if he isn't though. Nonetheless, it was an awesome movie indeed. Except why did she shave her head?

I liked the X-Men movies too, even the third one. Patrick Stewart is awesome, always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Charon544
    Unbreakable was a great movie.
    Yes. Not your average superhero film, but by far the best so far. As long as you count it as a superhero film.

If you don't... Then it is The Dark Knight, probably.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Greywulf
    Can someone please do me a favour and elaborate on this for me? I was completely un-impressed by both the new Dark Knight films, I just cannot understand why people rave about them. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to enjoy them as much as most people seem to have...
    I agree concerning The Dark Knight. I just didn't get what people thought was so great about it. Nolan had a bunch of awesome actors to work with, but it just doesn't seem to work as well as the first movie (which I thought was awesome). Bale, as someone said, feels like the wrong guy for the role. I thought it worked alright in Batman Begins, but The Dark Knight is much darker..it doesn't feel quite right. Ledger did the role of his life, and his screen time was the only time of the movie I really enjoyed. I felt a bit weird seeing Gary Oldman as a cop, though (in both movies), since I'd only seen him in Léon and True Romance before the Batman movies...kind of opposite roles.

Sorry about the rant, I've been thinking about this for a while and this seemed like a good place to say it

Oh, and my vote goes to Iron Man. Really looking forward to the sequel.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg
    I agree concerning The Dark Knight. I just didn't get what people thought was so great about it. Nolan had a bunch of awesome actors to work with, but it just doesn't seem to work as well as the first movie (which I thought was awesome). Bale, as someone said, feels like the wrong guy for the role. I thought it worked alright in Batman Begins, but The Dark Knight is much darker..it doesn't feel quite right. Ledger did the role of his life, and his screen time was the only time of the movie I really enjoyed. I felt a bit weird seeing Gary Oldman as a cop, though (in both movies), since I'd only seen him in Léon and True Romance before the Batman movies...kind of opposite roles.

Sorry about the rant, I've been thinking about this for a while and this seemed like a good place to say it

Oh, and my vote goes to Iron Man. Really looking forward to the sequel.
    It's sad but after that Whole "Bale Rant" thing I just can't seem to like him as an actor anymore. that and.. he is obviously an actor playing batman.. Nolan obviously wanted to show bales face which isn't what I want to see in Batman.. I want to see batman. It's another reason why ledger was amazing, he became joker and stayed joker while bale was always an actor playing the character.

That even confused me lol.. I should learn to put my thoughts into sentences a little better.

Basically all actors should know.. if your going to do a super hero movie be prepared to get behind a mask. If you can't stand not having your face shown then don't do the movie..

All in all The Dark Knight seemed like the whole movie crew didn't actually know batman and just wanted to make a 2nd movie.

urgh... for me it will be Mighty Mouse...

Batman! Obviously.
    The Joker is my all time favourite character, ever. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Seriously? Am I the only one that thought that movie was absolute shite?
    Not alone in that, I got pulled along to Watchmen, I had an open mind having not read the book but I thought the premise was interesting. But, I didn't LIKE anyone. There wasn't a single character that was enjoyable, entertaining, or likeable in any way. Maybe it was the actors, maybe it was the writing, it seemed like everyone in the movie just didn't care.

Also, I found the musical cues to be downright offensive to the ears, like the totally random and pointless use of 99 Red Balloons? And Leonard Cohen's abysmal rendition of Hallelujah really didn't help that super-awkward sex scene. (Yes I know Cohen wrote the song, Bob Dylan writes good songs too, doesn't mean he can sing all too well )

I dunno I just kept waiting for something to spark and bring the characters meaning, but Captain Bluedong's totally deadpan reaction to every single thing in the movie seemed to be carried on by all the others. It was just so..Completely not entertaining.

The Dark Knight without doubt. Heath Ledger as the joker pretty much beats anything :
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

So far if we went best movie because of acting, Heath Ledger takes the cake. Period. But I do like how Robert Downey Jr portrays Iron Man, so he's a close second. I'd probably put The Dark Knight right above, like within a single point, of Iron Man.

15+ Year Old Account

The best superhero/Graphic novel movies are:
    Superman
    Superman II
    Batman
    The Crow
    Unbreakable
    Spiderman
    Spiderman II
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    X-Men
    X-Men II
    Hellboy
    Hellboy and the Golden Army
    Iron Man
    Sin City
    Road to Perdition
    Blade

15+ Year Old Account

About Watchmen. They fucked it up. Sorta. I enjoyed the movie, but I think its partly because of how much of a fan I am of the book, and was going to see the movie regardless of how bad people said it was. But, I can see how people didn't like it. If you read the graphic novel and you really like it, you might have a different view. Most people I know that liked the movie, also were fans of the novel first.

The graphic novel is really what you want when concerning The Watchmen. The graphic novel is superb, and very different from the movie. Especially the end. The end is by far the biggest discrepancy from the novel to the movie. Rorshach was pretty good in the movie though, probably the best from book to screen.

As far as 300 goes, that wasn't a superhero movie. That was real. The movie itself was a bit sensationalized, but 300 Spartans actually fought against several thousand. At its base, it was a true story. the movie was badass though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

These 3:
    Ironman
    The Dark Knight
    Blade
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    About Watchmen. They fucked it up. Sorta. I enjoyed the movie, but I think its partly because of how much of a fan I am of the book, and was going to see the movie regardless of how bad people said it was. But, I can see how people didn't like it. If you read the graphic novel and you really like it, you might have a different view. Most people I know that liked the movie, also were fans of the novel first.

The graphic novel is really what you want when concerning The Watchmen. The graphic novel is superb, and very different from the movie. Especially the end. The end is by far the biggest discrepancy from the novel to the movie. Rorshach was pretty good in the movie though, probably the best from book to screen.

As far as 300 goes, that wasn't a superhero movie. That was real. The movie itself was a bit sensationalized, but 300 Spartans actually fought against several thousand. At its base, it was a true story. the movie was badass though.

The 300 Movie is actually based on a Comic book by Frank Miller which is then based on the "real" 300 spartan story.

Edit: fixed quoting. --Sunshine